This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276015 by Badstrat
Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:56 pm
Alabama School Expels Student For One Year Over a Squirt Gun.............

https://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2017/04/ ... quirt-gun/

We know that zero tolerance usually goes hand-in-hand with zero common sense, but this may be the worst example of that sad truth we’ve seen to date. In Prattville, AL, the parents of a 16-year-old student are furious, and speaking out after their daughter’s future was blown to pieces by her school’s Zero Tolerance Policy.

In February, the Autauga County Board of Education expelled Sara Allena “Laney” Nichols for a year – not only from Prattville High School, but from all schools in the county. She was also banned from school property and all extra-curricular activities for the same period. Her mother, Tara Herring, admits she had a water gun on campus, but questions the severity of the punishment of an otherwise exemplary student.
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................

She was handed a water pistol by another student. She put in in her back pack and put that into her car. The article truly reveals the stupidity of the educational system. And we send our kids to these morons so they can be taught liberalism? At least the punishment fits the crime
#276018 by J-HALEY
Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:33 pm
I work with academics all day and I can tell you most have no common sense whatsoever! If they have been in school all their lives they have zero. The ones that work in a corporate environment and then teach have a better grasp.
By the way thanks for your comments on the band videos.
#276019 by Vampier
Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:23 pm
"Education" has a much different meaning than it had when I was educated. The "youth" of today are for the majority "gone". Only where the parents take direct charge is an exception. These "youth" sadly are thrust into a kind of social meat grinder and most are consumed. there are a very few who emerge from it with a clearer conception of reality and exactly how phucked everything is. When I lived in California this was increasingly evident and now it is thus everywhere in the "educated" world.