This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276415 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon May 08, 2017 3:34 pm
michael27307 wrote:NEBRASKA? Well I have travelled from north to south USA, east to west USA and many place in between but never to New Orleans or to Nebraska. Saw Tony Bennett in a small town in Georgia, saw John Fogerty in Dallas (also went to a guitar show in Dallas), been to Memphis and Nashville (several times) have seen shows and artists in New York and Washington DC but have never been to Louisiana or Nebraska thus my desire to visit there. The USA has such a great music scene which both my wife and I just really enjoy and we also love to view the old classic (50s, 60s, 70s) autos so thus the reason we have been to the USA so many times and will return in the near future.
By the way I haven't uploaded any original music as I don't write any songs. I'm just a 70 year old guy who grew in the valve/tube era (my first musical repairs were a Klemt Tape Echo and a Fender Amplifier) love the Beatles, Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd etc etc and would have liked to play some more music however poorly just for the fun of it, but that dream is now over.
Cheers guys and again thanks for your comments.
Mike from Australia

You're not listening. Nebraska is BORING with a capital "B".

NOTHING is there. You don't want that. You want Austin or Asheville.
#276422 by Allison Engine
Mon May 08, 2017 7:31 pm
Understanding it takes time to find the right people - in our case a vocalist, I/we thought it would have been easier than it’s been, so this topic is definitely interesting.

Our profile has several videos, clearly explains who we are and are about, and we provide our website (as basic as it is) for people, so we expect fewer but better fitting people to respond.

What we’ve noticed is many vocalists don’t own any recording equipment. That seems totally perplexing, because with such a need for them, they could be making money even if they’re between projects or can’t find the perfect project for themselves.
#276429 by MikeTalbot
Mon May 08, 2017 11:34 pm
Slacker

Some good ole boys dared me to try mountain oysters when I was passing through Nebraska and stopped for the night and hit a good bar. They ended up buying me drinks all evening. Nice folks.

But flat...nothing...even the dead are bored when they look at the landscape.

Talbot
#276431 by Badstrat
Tue May 09, 2017 12:40 am
And were the "oysters good? Some things I don't even want to try. How do you eat those without feeling guilty? :)
#276440 by GuitarMikeB
Tue May 09, 2017 12:51 pm
Allison Engine wrote:Understanding it takes time to find the right people - in our case a vocalist, I/we thought it would have been easier than it’s been, so this topic is definitely interesting.

Our profile has several videos, clearly explains who we are and are about, and we provide our website (as basic as it is) for people, so we expect fewer but better fitting people to respond.

What we’ve noticed is many vocalists don’t own any recording equipment. That seems totally perplexing, because with such a need for them, they could be making money even if they’re between projects or can’t find the perfect project for themselves.

I think I see your problem - you are looking for a singer to do online collaborating, and you're right - most singers who don't play an instrument, too, don't have recording equipment.
Any singer who DID have that ability most likely is looking to get out and perform, too.
Have you considered doing live shows again? Then you could look for a local singer.