This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#275871 by DainNobody
Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:59 pm
I see it is 80 miles from Yuma, Ariz. to saltwater Sea of Cortez, but can a guy actually go into Mexico without a travel/tourist visa to fish for saltwater species of fish? does Mexico allow that? and if so, do you need a Mexican non-resident fishing license? just wondering how easy it would or could be
#275872 by Vampier
Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:15 am
Dayne ... Yuma to San Luis on the USA side.

Cross the border in San Luis called San luis Rio Colorado on Mexican Side

While crossing at the Mexican side get a visa for three or six months ( small fee)

You need your PassPort. Never used to but a couple years ago they started.

Drive from San Luis Rio Colorado down the fairly new Coast Road which follows the Eastern side of The Sea of Cortez directly to Puerto Penasco.

I can help you get a boat to take you out fishing. You do need a license I think. If you are serious I can find out the prices and exact details..

Another way is to fly or get to Phoenix and take "Head Out To Rocky Point" which is a shuttle service directly to Puerto Penasco.

I can give you my Phone number or communicate via email. I would be most happy to meet you and assist you re fishing.

Personally I do not fish.
#275873 by Badstrat
Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:38 am
Dayne,

Just go across the border and tell them you came for the free food and jobs because there aren't any more jobs that Mexicans didn't take in America. . Tell them you're a dreamer. Let them know without condition that you have rights and will not stand for deportation. Ask them if you can get free college and other stuff because you wife just had a Mexican anchor baby. It'll all work out, I promise.
#275874 by DainNobody
Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:08 am
thanks Vampier and Slacker for your posts.. I am not headed there to do it, but always wondered about fishing in Mexico..knew somebody at Lady Baltimore Foods in Springfield, that used to fish for peacock bass in Mexico, forget how far he went down into it.. heard somewhere or saw some PBS show about how the Colorado River no longer gets to the sea before running out of water.. I guess it would be impossible to take a boat from Yuma to the sea, and crossing the border on the river would be weird, I guess Mexican gov't. river patrols or something policing boaters.. :) really neat to think some areas of Arizona are close to an ocean or gulf..
#275875 by Vampier
Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:44 am
Excellent Post Slacker ... truly excellent.

Dayne, The Colorado river is just like a leach line you can hop over in San Luis Rio Colorado ... the Aridzonians have rerouted and drain all the water before it crosses the Border. A boat from Yuma would have to be on the back of a truck. I know nothing about deep Sea Fishing ... sorry. There is a fishing fleet here in the Port which takes Shrimp, Shark, and a variety of smaller fish. I have seen old pics here of some sizable catches in the past ... sword fish, marlin and others I do not know. People in Arizona often refer to "Rocky Point" or Puerto Penasco as "Arizona's Beach.

It is safe here and a great place to holiday ... some petty theft but no violent crimes to speak of ... Phoenix is far, far worse. In the 10 years here I have only had to put down 3 would be thieves and my Dogs have savaged another six.
#275876 by schmedidiah
Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:31 am
my mom swears that all the shrimp in that area was transplanted from elsewhere by the U of A for an Ag program in the 50s. ever heard of this, Vamp?

it's a cool place, but I miss the Rocky Point of the 80s.
#275878 by Vampier
Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:10 am
Schmed ... No I have not heard this but will check it out and get back to you.
we happen to know some Capitans who are old enough to know. your Mother may be correct. I do know that generally speaking the shrimp come up here from a bit farther down or south near a Port called Guaymas. that is why the whales come up here. yhis place is unique in many ways. It is one of the two places in the world where the differential between the high tide and the Low tide is so radical 15 to 16 feet. They have "man eating squid which are fairly large.

My Wife was studying to get her Captain's License here and has navigated most of the larger ships ... Sunset Cruisers like The Intrepid and triple deck Catamarans like The Carnaval. I will check out about the shrimp because that is interesting. Ta
#275889 by MikeTalbot
Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:02 am
Slacker

You forget to add, "Make Mike and Slacker pay for it all!"

Talbot
#275895 by Badstrat
Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:07 am
" You forget to add, "Make Mike and Slacker pay for it all!"

Right On !!! :) :) :)