This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#272688 by DainNobody
Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:38 pm
including, but not necessarily limited to, a guitar out of tune by 6 hz. tells me you have psychological issues that were not dealt with when you were an adolescent..
#272692 by RGMixProject
Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:32 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:including, but not necessarily limited to, a guitar out of tune by 6 hz. tells me you have psychological issues that were not dealt with when you were an adolescent..

I'm not as think as you confused I am
#272696 by DainNobody
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:01 pm
it was just a generalization directed at nobody in particular.. I am expressing my displeasure for those who harbor animosity and ill-will.. I have never seen you being hostile whatsoever, I pretty much have come to the conclusion you might be the moderator here, just by your posts in trying to keep the peace if you will, maybe not the official moderator but perhaps contacted by the company to help keep an eyes on us , which is beneficial to everybody, no feelings get terribly hurt, etc. .... we all have faults, but to those who wish to only point out faults only to humiliate they need to look at themselves first and actually ask themselves, is it justified to accuse others when it is not necessary to do so.. do I have anything to gain, by humiliating somebody on a public forum when I just as well could privately message them? good day to you sir..
#272698 by RGMixProject
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:36 pm
hug.jpg
hug.jpg (9.84 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
#272700 by Badstrat
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:42 pm
Dane,
Simply consider the source.. problem solved. :)
#272703 by RGMixProject
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:58 pm
Badstrat wrote:Dane,
Simply consider the source.. problem solved. :)

You're the source.......
#272707 by DainNobody
Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:06 pm
had to get it off my chest, it has been bothering me for weeks what they say about me and others, it was kinda like a public notice you buy an ad for in a newspaper, it's free here as long as it does not break the rules, like being disrespectful etc. .. I'm good to go now, and will behave like the disciplined human being I am..will shrug it off in the future.. thanks
#272713 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:53 pm
It's one thing to be out of tune a little when playing. But denying it when many people tell you, and to insist that you are not is foolishness.
#272719 by schmedidiah
Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:08 pm
I can listen to music that's out of tune. I even do listen to some music that's out of tune. But two parts out of sync are a deal breaker. That's what I heard in that string of uploads a couple of months ago that kept my mouse off the like button. best of luck Dayne. :D
#272722 by DainNobody
Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:18 pm
yep, was reading and studying a lot of internet pages about improving listens, likes, comments... one of the things one of the sites said, was make comments on your own and others music, BUT BE SINCERE about it, just don't go making a bunch of insincere comments to gain attention, cause people and fans are smarter than we all think, they can tell the phonies comments and the ones that look like artists are actually trying to gain other artists attentions and stuff.. but, I know my crappy music is not with the times, it is too 1970's ish sounding but I woon't change cause I can't.. thankful I am old enough to retire within a year if I choose.. it's looking more like that, and will then sell off all things musical.. :D u
#272723 by DainNobody
Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:21 pm
but also, the majority of the "analysts" actually suggested the 500-10,000 purchases of likes listens plays etc. but they said be careful as to which outfit to buy these from, they are actually quite cheap to purchase.. 8) buildmysocials.com comes to mind.. sociology education.. possibly duping people into believing it is relevant and good music? :D . they all agreed on one thing The music industry is over-saturated with music.. if you were not in by the 1980's you were basically out.. I always viewd a 40 hour work week was more stable than playing in a band back then and chances of being a "success" were against you then, now with billions of people playing guitar..not a chance
#272766 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:23 am
Interesting comments Dayne. Probably true.
I never realized it was more important to be able to dance than just play music. :roll:

However understand that when you pick up any musical instrument, it is because you have the security of free time to feed your soul.

As much as I break chops over the political opinions of some of the people that post here. I do have TREMENDOUS RESPECT for anyone still out there playing. SHOCK! Even the last musical project JIMMY DANGER put together was PRETTY DARN GOOD. Even Planetguy... He is out sharing his music. KUDOS. That doesn't mean I don't have my own musical preferences. Politics and music are completely different things... But they are not...

Everyone needs to be secure enough to engage in any art form. Without that... Society loses. Play because you love too, and I don't even care if you can't tune your guitar.
#272780 by Vampier
Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:04 pm
Are Women tuneless ???

Interesting Posts and thoughts Dayne and Glen. I can take no issue with any of what you have related. This is partly because to me Music is Creativity, an Art Form, a Personal Expression and something I believe lasts far longer than most think. I have always believed that Music as with any other artistic abilities, is to be found within you and essientially can not be "learned". Of course it can be honed as a skill and capability through study, practice, training and the classical forms of learning. But it must be within you, the motivation, appreciation and devotion required must be within you. I believe that this has been clearly shown with the technologies that the computer has ushered in. Play out of tune ? Sing out of tune ? No problem, we have the machines to correct it all. As soon as PC's became available and affordable, then bloody everyone was suddenly a "Musician". BUT ... none of this "creativity" could be done live and pure. I know the usual arguments but regardless I maintain this belief.

This resulted in a glut of crap and along with the occult purposes of the Music "Industry" and "HollyWood", the Hidden Agenda could be easily and effectively put forth with the general populations unaware. There is a beauty in someone who makes their own music motivated by personal desires and not materialism ... out of tune or not. Such "Musicians" as these are at the heart of the Artistic, Creative and consequently Spiritual aspects of Music. We all try not to be out of tune and we all have been from time to time out of tune ... live, in studio and during rehearsal. One can not swim without getting wet. To give an honest answer to an honest question is the Duty of Friendship and the Responsibility of musical affiliation. To be mocked, chastized unfairly or ridiculed is not acceptable and goes far beyond Duty and Responsibility into what is simply wrong.

We must all be able to accept critique and unfortunately insult, mocking and assault ... not just on BM, but it the jungle that surrounds us. If we take to seriously what is stated here or elsewhere it becomes an impediment and a negative influence affecting both our confidence and therefore capability. Music should alway be rewarding on a personal basis ... that to me is the most important aspect. I can not imagine giving up music ... ever. I know those that have and more so I know those who have not regardless of any obstacle ... and those were for me the real Musicians. But we all have our own perspectives and when brought from a personal level, then really there is no right nor wrong ... there simply "is" which is far preferable to "is not" ... in my humble opinion.

I will never cease musical creation or any Art Form I dabble in ... even if I must pull the hair from my cat's tail to make brushes then i shall. The biggest impediment to my Art has also been the biggest Inspiration ... it is not Ego, not materialistic, not fame, not work, not location nor equipment ... it has been the opposite sex ... the Woman, the Girl, the Lover, the Wife, the Mysterious.