This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#270902 by Paleopete
Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:00 pm
If you don't see where this will go just keep your head in the sand...

Spying is as old as governments. The US government has been spying on its citizens in one way or another since just after WWI. At first, they were collecting telegrams, with full cooperation of the communications companies. Then it was wiretaps, often without court orders. Now it's the digital age, and the NSA has been collecting "metadata" on every phone call made for years, until Snowden decided to go whistleblower. Now the whistleblowers are being persecuted by the same government hiding the data collection.

This is the same as the attempt to get anything at all passed in the way of gun control. Set a precedent. I they can get legislation passed to go an inch, they'll want the next 3 miles tomorrow. Taxes? Same thing. Give government the ability to pass taxes, next thing we know they are passing taxes willy nilly until we have the highest corporate tax rate in the world, some of the highest personal taxes in the world, and they still want more.

This is said to be a situation where the families have to request it. The government was supposed to be getting court orders for wiretaps and other communications surveillance for years, and did it without court permission anyway. Do you believe they will follow the law on this one too? I don't, they don't exactly have a sterling record of doing things completely above board. We've been finding out for several years about NSA spying, FBI wiretaps, election officials recently reported DHS was trying to hack their systems...unsuccessfully it seems...

George Orwell wrote 1984 as a science fiction story but it was not based entirely on fiction. He was apparently well aware of governments' long history of spying on everyone possible, and the strong tendency for those in power to become addicted to it and crave only more power, the end result being total control over the population, in the case of his story by way of propaganda and social engineering, before the term was even known.

Read up on the history of government surveillance of the public.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... leaks.html

http://www.vice.com/read/a-brief-histor ... ess-spying

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... ow/276607/

It's not only government either, companies are getting into the act. I'm seeing commercials on TV for a gadget that lets you track your kids everywhere they drive. Not much difference there. Think government won't get into the act? Think again. Any law enforcement agency can already track your location fairly closely simply by finding out what cell phone tower your phone uses. If your cell phone has a GPS, and most new ones do, it can be tracked to within 3 feet easily, any time. My niece's former boyfriend stalked her across the country. She came next door from her father's house to see me for a while and in 5 minutes he called her throwing a fit because she had left her father's house. He was 1500 miles away. Think the government can't or won't do the same thing? You bet they will, they have been doing it for almost 100 years. It won't stop, let this get started and it will be abused. History shows that to be a fact and it's even more widespread now than it was in the days of the telegraph.
#270904 by J-HALEY
Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:23 pm
Planetguy wrote:Image

You mean like Putin is responsible for Trump being elected?
#270908 by Paleopete
Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:18 pm

That one is quite a joke...why would Putin want Trump in the White House over Hillary?

Look at the players...

Putin - former KGB operative, alpha male, ruthless dictator, and a lot smarter than most people give him credit for.

Hillary - Dishonest, corrupt politician, easily blackmailed by any of several foreign agencies who have almost certainly hacked her email server, apparently seriously unhealthy, and has been shown to have a very bad grip on handling foreign affairs.

Donald Trump - World class business leader, alpha male, much more intelligent than anyone wants to admit, wwith instincts that cannot be ignored. Will not be pushed around.

Why would Putin want someone like Trump as President? That makes no sense whatsoever. If Putin wanted to influence our election, he would do it in favor of the weak, corrupt, dishonest career politician he knows he can manipulate easily, probably also blackmail. In the FBI report Director Comey presented, he said they were sure several foreign entities had hacked Hillary's server but couldn't completely prove it. Russia was most likely one of them. If so, Putin has all he needs to completely control her. All Trump will do is push back. Putin knows he can't push Trump around, that's why he didn't make any disparaging remarks during the election, he does not want Trump to be an enemy before he's even inaugurated. He knows he will have to deal with him, and Trump will not be intimidated. Putin wants that? Not a chance. He can't stand Hillary if what I've read is true, but he would prefer her as president because he knows she can be controlled or at least manipulated.

Putin helping Trump get elected is a joke, a diversion manufactured by Democrats to draw our attention away from her vast inadequacies. If Putin wanted to influence our election, Hillary is the one he would help, not Trump. Trump is a much more formidable adversary, and one Putin knows he can't manipulate.
#270913 by Badstrat
Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:13 pm
Human Tracking Bill Passes House

Kerry Picket
Reporter

http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/08/human ... ses-house/

WASHINGTON - JUNE 5: The U.S. Capitol is shown June 5, 2003 in Washington, DC. Both houses of the U.S. Congress, the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives meet in the Capitol. (Photo by Stefan Zaklin/Getty Images) WASHINGTON - JUNE 5: The U.S. Capitol is shown June 5, 2003 in Washington, DC. Both houses of the U.S. Congress, the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives meet in the Capitol. (Photo by Stefan Zaklin/Getty Images)

WASHINGTON — The House of Representatives overwhelmingly voted to pass a bill Thursday that critics say could open a Pandora’s Box to government tracking of Americans.

H.R. 4919, which passed 346 to 66 in the lower chamber, also known as Kevin and Avonte’s Law, mandates the U.S. attorney general award grants to law enforcement officials so that those agencies can create, establish and operate “locative tracking technology programs.”

This is the part that bothers me. Remember when only the telephone conversations of known terrorists could be monitored with a judges permission, and that was hard to get. Now they track everyone's conversations. Now it has come down to you do not have ANY privacy rights concerning your phone conversations, and even at a traffic stop they can demand your phone and browse through the information it contains. And they can already always track where you have been and where you are presently if they are interested. How long do you suppose it will be before every one is required to have a chip? How long before every ones movements can be tracked against their will? How long before the regime monitors whether you have had a particular vaccination or not? They want to know if you have drank their cool aid or not. Fortunately libs not need to worry about that. Never trust a politician, let alone a nest of them as in Washington.
Governments are intrinsically evil and oppressive. If you don't believe that simply look at the lawless regime of obama.

"COULD open a Pandora's box? Really? Our government? Naaaaaaaaaaaaa
#270925 by Vampier
Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:48 am
Increments, the Overton Window and precisely what Paleopete so elegantly stated as well as what slacker has added. Anyone who "thinks" any of this can now be dismissed with a "cute" graphic or a "stupid" question based upon the diatribe of a prostituted media that is gasping it's last breath ... well ... self incrimination and inadequacy springs readily to the forefront. I constantly feel relieved when the very few expose, state and even respond to senseless dribble in an unassailable and intelligent manner. Well Done. And MERRY CHRISTMAS.
#270928 by Paleopete
Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:18 am
Well deja vu all over again...

Just got into this thread today and tonight I find another article along the same lines.

Government agencies using fake cell phone towers to track phones. I've heard about it before but haven't seen an article with this kind of detail or a description of a mobile device that can ID and locate any cell phone within range while driving around.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... 0-cell-si/

Still think your government won't spy on you 24/7 as long as they think you don't know about it? think this ID chip idea won't develop into the same thing? I won't be holding my breath...
#270929 by Badstrat
Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:59 am
I guess it wouldn't bother me a bit. That is unless they are planning a coup of the peoples freedom. Naaaaaaa not this government of the land of the free. Never happen says the duffs gobbling up every word Pravda spews as if it were gospel truth.

They only monitor every word you type on the internet to protect you from the bogyman. They only monitor every web page you visit to protect you from terrorists. They only log and file every word you speak on your phone to protect you from malicious sales calls. They only track your every movement by your cell phones, even when they are turned off, because in an emergency they could be there in seconds to help you. They only cut back farming and live stalk operations to protect you from obesity and from animal flatulence taking away all your oxygen. The police force is only turning into a civilian army run by Washington because politicians do everything better for your good. They only lie to you because they want you to feel secure. They don't want to upset you over the terrible things that are going on the world. They are only centralizing Sheriff and Police depts together to make them more efficient under state control and to stop wasteful spending. They only want you to stop driving combustion driven vehicles so you won't wander too far from home and get lost. They only want a cashless society to make life easier for you because when they have control over all your finances the bad guys can't get it. They want everyone to get flu shots and other shots to protect you and let you see how much they truly do care for you. But remember they are simply our out of control neighbors and friends watching over us. Nothing at all to be concerned about.

Yupper. I think I'll go get my tinfoil helmet out from under the bed and read me some good old survival magazines.

Do they still feature those sexy center fold pictures of tricked out Gold and Silver plated etched and scrolled AK47's ? I never looked at the centerfolds. I only bought them there magazines for the articles. Oh yeah. Before I burrow down in my bunker I want to wish you a great Holiday season before I have them pour cement over the entrance. I think I have enough food, water, and oxygen tanks to last at least 20 more years.
#270934 by J-HALEY
Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:35 pm
Paleopete wrote:

That one is quite a joke...why would Putin want Trump in the White House over Hillary?

Look at the players...

Putin - former KGB operative, alpha male, ruthless dictator, and a lot smarter than most people give him credit for.

Hillary - Dishonest, corrupt politician, easily blackmailed by any of several foreign agencies who have almost certainly hacked her email server, apparently seriously unhealthy, and has been shown to have a very bad grip on handling foreign affairs.

Donald Trump - World class business leader, alpha male, much more intelligent than anyone wants to admit, wwith instincts that cannot be ignored. Will not be pushed around.

Why would Putin want someone like Trump as President? That makes no sense whatsoever. If Putin wanted to influence our election, he would do it in favor of the weak, corrupt, dishonest career politician he knows he can manipulate easily, probably also blackmail. In the FBI report Director Comey presented, he said they were sure several foreign entities had hacked Hillary's server but couldn't completely prove it. Russia was most likely one of them. If so, Putin has all he needs to completely control her. All Trump will do is push back. Putin knows he can't push Trump around, that's why he didn't make any disparaging remarks during the election, he does not want Trump to be an enemy before he's even inaugurated. He knows he will have to deal with him, and Trump will not be intimidated. Putin wants that? Not a chance. He can't stand Hillary if what I've read is true, but he would prefer her as president because he knows she can be controlled or at least manipulated.

Putin helping Trump get elected is a joke, a diversion manufactured by Democrats to draw our attention away from her vast inadequacies. If Putin wanted to influence our election, Hillary is the one he would help, not Trump. Trump is a much more formidable adversary, and one Putin knows he can't manipulate.

Thanks for elaborating on this Billy. I didn't have the time or patient with these liberals that foolishly believe everything the FAKE news agencies are feeding them!
#270945 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:13 pm
Since you guys continue to only want to believe the "Fake News" sites one-sided reporting on this particular bill, and won't even bother to follow the links to see for yourself (that would require actually thinking for oneself, I guess), here is the full text of HR 4919, of course if you'd rather let others think for you, just go get your tinfoil hats ready. :lol:

114th CONGRESS
2d Session

H. R. 4919
IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES
December 8, 2016
Received
AN ACT
To amend the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, to reauthorize the Missing Alzheimer’s Disease Patient Alert Program, and to promote initiatives that will reduce the risk of injury and death relating to the wandering characteristics of some children with autism.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. Short title.

This Act may be cited as the “Kevin and Avonte's Law of 2016”.

TITLE I—Missing Alzheimer’s Disease Patient Alert Program reauthorization

SEC. 101. Short title.

This title may be cited as the “Missing Americans Alert Program Act of 2016”.

SEC. 102. Reauthorization of the missing Alzheimer’s Disease Patient Alert Program.

(a) Amendments.—Section 240001 of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (42 U.S.C. 14181) is amended—

(1) in the section header, by striking “Alzheimer's disease patient” and inserting “Americans”; and

(2) by striking subsection (a) and inserting the following:

“(a) Grant program To reduce injury and death of missing Americans with dementia and developmental disabilities.—Subject to the availability of appropriations to carry out this section, the Attorney General, through the Bureau of Justice Assistance and in consultation with the Secretary of Health and Human Services—

“(1) shall award competitive grants to health care agencies, State and local law enforcement agencies, or public safety agencies and nonprofit organizations to assist such entities in planning, designing, establishing, or operating locally based, proactive programs to prevent wandering and locate missing individuals with forms of dementia, such as Alzheimer’s Disease, or developmental disabilities, such as autism, who, due to their condition, wander from safe environments, including programs that—

“(A) provide prevention and response information, including online training resources, and referrals to families or guardians of such individuals who, due to their condition, wander from a safe environment;

“(B) provide education and training, including online training resources, to first responders, school personnel, clinicians, and the public in order to—

“(i) increase the safety and reduce the incidence of wandering of persons, who, due to their dementia or developmental disabilities, may wander from safe environments;

“(ii) facilitate the rescue and recovery of individuals who, due to their dementia or developmental disabilities, wander from safe environments; and

“(iii) recognize and respond to and appropriately interact with endangered missing individuals with dementia or developmental disabilities who, due to their condition, wander from safe environments;

“(C) provide prevention and response training and emergency protocols for school administrators, staff, and families or guardians of individuals with dementia, such as Alzheimer’s Disease, or developmental disabilities, such as autism, to help reduce the risk of wandering by such individuals; and

“(D) develop, operate, or enhance a notification or communications systems for alerts, advisories, or dissemination of other information for the recovery of missing individuals with forms of dementia, such as Alzheimer’s Disease, or with developmental disabilities, such as autism; and

“(2) shall award grants to health care agencies, State and local law enforcement agencies, or public safety agencies to assist such agencies in designing, establishing, and operating locative tracking technology programs for individuals with forms of dementia, such as Alzheimer's Disease, or children with developmental disabilities, such as autism, who have wandered from safe environments.”;

(3) in subsection (b)—
(A) by inserting “competitive” after “to receive a”;
(B) by inserting “agency or” before “organization” each place it appears; and
(C) by adding at the end the following: “The Attorney General shall periodically solicit applications for grants under this section by publishing a request for applications in the Federal Register and by posting such a request on the website of the Department of Justice.”; and

(4) by striking subsections (c) and (d) and inserting the following:
“(c) Preference.—In awarding grants under subsection (a)(1), the Attorney General shall give preference to law enforcement or public safety agencies that partner with nonprofit organizations that appropriately use person-centered plans minimizing restrictive interventions and that have a direct link to individuals, and families of individuals, with forms of dementia, such as Alzheimer's Disease, or developmental disabilities, such as autism.
“(d) Authorization of appropriations.—There are authorized to be appropriated to carry out this section $2,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2017 through 2021.
“(e) Grant accountability.—All grants awarded by the Attorney General under this section shall be subject to the following accountability provisions:

“(1) AUDIT REQUIREMENT.—
“(A) DEFINITION.—In this paragraph, the term ‘unresolved audit finding’ means a finding in the final audit report of the Inspector General of the Department of Justice that the audited grantee has utilized grant funds for an unauthorized expenditure or otherwise unallowable cost that is not closed or resolved within 12 months from the date when the final audit report is issued.
“(B) AUDITS.—Beginning in the first fiscal year beginning after the date of enactment of this subsection, and in each fiscal year thereafter, the Inspector General of the Department of Justice shall conduct audits of recipients of grants under this section to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse of funds by grantees. The Inspector General shall determine the appropriate number of grantees to be audited each year.
“(C) MANDATORY EXCLUSION.—A recipient of grant funds under this section that is found to have an unresolved audit finding shall not be eligible to receive grant funds under this section during the first 2 fiscal years beginning after the end of the 12-month period described in subparagraph (A).
“(D) PRIORITY.—In awarding grants under this section, the Attorney General shall give priority to eligible applicants that did not have an unresolved audit finding during the 3 fiscal years before submitting an application for a grant under this section.
“(E) REIMBURSEMENT.—If an entity is awarded grant funds under this section during the 2-fiscal-year period during which the entity is barred from receiving grants under subparagraph (C), the Attorney General shall—
“(i) deposit an amount equal to the amount of the grant funds that were improperly awarded to the grantee into the General Fund of the Treasury; and
“(ii) seek to recoup the costs of the repayment to the fund from the grant recipient that was erroneously awarded grant funds.
“(2) NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION REQUIREMENTS.—
“(A) DEFINITION OF NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION.—For purposes of this paragraph and the grant programs under this part, the term ‘nonprofit organization’ means an organization that is described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and is exempt from taxation under section 501(a) of such Code.
“(B) PROHIBITION.—The Attorney General may not award a grant under this part to a nonprofit organization that holds money in offshore accounts for the purpose of avoiding paying the tax described in section 511(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
“(C) DISCLOSURE.—Each nonprofit organization that is awarded a grant under this section and uses the procedures prescribed in regulations to create a rebuttable presumption of reasonableness for the compensation of its officers, directors, trustees, and key employees, shall disclose to the Attorney General, in the application for the grant, the process for determining such compensation, including the independent persons involved in reviewing and approving such compensation, the comparability data used, and contemporaneous substantiation of the deliberation and decision. Upon request, the Attorney General shall make the information disclosed under this subparagraph available for public inspection.
“(3) CONFERENCE EXPENDITURES.—
“(A) LIMITATION.—No amounts made available to the Department of Justice under this section may be used by the Attorney General, or by any individual or entity awarded discretionary funds through a cooperative agreement under this section, to host or support any expenditure for conferences that uses more than $20,000 in funds made available by the Department of Justice, unless the head of the relevant agency or department, provides prior written authorization that the funds may be expended to host the conference.
“(B) WRITTEN APPROVAL.—Written approval under subparagraph (A) shall include a written estimate of all costs associated with the conference, including the cost of all food, beverages, audio-visual equipment, honoraria for speakers, and entertainment.
“(C) REPORT.—The Deputy Attorney General shall submit an annual report to the Committee on the Judiciary of the Senate and the Committee on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives on all conference expenditures approved under this paragraph.
“(4) ANNUAL CERTIFICATION.—Beginning in the first fiscal year beginning after the date of enactment of this subsection, the Attorney General shall submit, to the Committee on the Judiciary and the Committee on Appropriations of the Senate and the Committee on the Judiciary and the Committee on Appropriations of the House of Representatives, an annual certification—
“(A) indicating whether—
“(i) all audits issued by the Office of the Inspector General under paragraph (1) have been completed and reviewed by the appropriate Assistant Attorney General or Director;
“(ii) all mandatory exclusions required under paragraph (1)(C) have been issued; and
“(iii) all reimbursements required under paragraph (1)(E) have been made; and
“(B) that includes a list of any grant recipients excluded under paragraph (1) from the previous year.
“(f) Preventing duplicative grants.—
"(1) IN GENERAL.—Before the Attorney General awards a grant to an applicant under this section, the Attorney General shall compare potential grant awards with other grants awarded by the Attorney General to determine if grant awards are or have been awarded for a similar purpose.
“(2) REPORT.—If the Attorney General awards grants to the same applicant for a similar purpose the Attorney General shall submit to the Committee on the Judiciary of the Senate and the Committee on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives a report that includes—
“(A) a list of all such grants awarded, including the total dollar amount of any such grants awarded; and
“(B) the reason the Attorney General awarded multiple grants to the same applicant for a similar purpose.”.

(b) Annual report.—Not later than 2 years after the date of enactment of this Act and every year thereafter, the Attorney General shall submit to the Committee on the Judiciary and the Committee on Appropriations of the Senate and the Committee on the Judiciary and the Committee on Appropriations of the House of Representatives a report on the Missing Americans Alert Program, as amended by subsection (a), which shall address—
(1) the number of individuals who benefitted from the Missing Americans Alert Program, including information such as the number of individuals with reduced unsafe wandering, the number of people who were trained through the program, and the estimated number of people who were impacted by the program;
(2) the number of State, local, and tribal law enforcement or public safety agencies that applied for funding under the Missing Americans Alert Program;
(3) the number of State, local, and tribal local law enforcement or public safety agencies that received funding under the Missing Americans Alert Program, including—
(A) the number of State, local, and tribal law enforcement or public safety agencies that used such funding for training; and
(B) the number of State, local, and tribal law enforcement or public safety agencies that used such funding for designing, establishing, or operating locative tracking technology;
(4) the companies, including the location (city and State) of the headquarters and local offices of each company, for which their locative tracking technology was used by State, local, and tribal law enforcement or public safety agencies;
(5) the nonprofit organizations, including the location (city and State) of the headquarters and local offices of each organization, that State, local, and tribal law enforcement or public safety agencies partnered with and the result of each partnership;
(6) the number of missing children with autism or another developmental disability with wandering tendencies or adults with Alzheimer's being served by the program who went missing and the result of the search for each such individual; and
(7) any recommendations for improving the Missing Americans Alert Program.
(c) Table of contents.—The table of contents in section 2 of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 is amended by striking the item relating to section 240001 and inserting the following:
“Sec. 240001. Missing Americans Alert Program. ”.

TITLE II—Education and outreach

SEC. 201. Activities by the national center for missing and exploited children.

Section 404(b)(1)(H) of the Missing Children’s Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5773(b)(1)(H)) is amended by inserting “, including cases involving children with developmental disabilities such as autism” before the semicolon.

TITLE III—Privacy protections

SEC. 301. Definitions.

In this title:

(1) CHILD.—The term “child” means an individual who is less than 18 years of age.

(2) INDIAN TRIBE.—The term “Indian tribe” has the meaning given that term in section 4(e) of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. 450b(e)).

(3) LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.—The term “law enforcement agency” means an agency of a State, unit of local government, or Indian tribe that is authorized by law or by a government agency to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of any violation of criminal law.

(4) STATE.—The term “State” means each of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.

(5) UNIT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT.—The term “unit of local government” means a county, municipality, town, township, village, parish, borough, or other unit of general government below the State level.

(6) NON-INVASIVE AND NON-PERMANENT.—The term “non-invasive and non-permanent” means, with regard to any technology or device, that the procedure to install the technology or device does not create an external or internal marker or implant a device or other trackable items.

SEC. 302. Standards and best practices for use of non-invasive and non-permanent tracking devices.

(a) Establishment.—

(1) IN GENERAL.—Not later than 120 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Attorney General, in consultation with the Secretary of Health and Human Services and leading research, advocacy, self-advocacy, and service organizations, shall establish standards and best practices relating to the use of non-invasive and non-permanent tracking technology, where a guardian or parent, in consultation with the individual’s health care provider, has determined that a non-invasive and non-permanent tracking device is the least restrictive alternative, to locate individuals as described in subsection (a)(2) of section 240001 of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (42 U.S.C. 14181), as added by this Act.

(2) REQUIREMENTS.—In establishing the standards and best practices required under paragraph (1), the Attorney General shall—

(A) determine—

(i) the criteria used to determine which individuals would benefit from the use of a tracking device;

(ii) the criteria used to determine who should have direct access to the tracking system; and

(iii) which non-invasive and non-permanent types of tracking devices can be used in compliance with the standards and best practices; and

(B) establish standards and best practices the Attorney General determines are necessary to the administration of a tracking system, including procedures to—

(i) safeguard the privacy of the data used by the tracking device such that—

(I) access to the data is restricted to law enforcement and health agencies determined necessary by the Attorney General; and

(II) collection, use, and retention of the data is solely for the purpose of preventing injury or death to the patient assigned the tracking device or caused by the patient assigned the tracking device;

(ii) establish criteria to determine whether use of the tracking device is the least restrictive alternative in order to prevent risk of injury or death before issuing the tracking device, including the previous consideration of less restrictive alternatives;

(iii) provide training for law enforcement agencies to recognize signs of abuse during interactions with applicants for tracking devices;

(iv) protect the civil rights and liberties of the individuals who use tracking devices, including their rights under the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States;

(v) establish a complaint and investigation process to address—

(I) incidents of noncompliance by recipients of grants under subsection (a)(2) of section 240001 of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (42 U.S.C. 14181), as added by this Act, with the best practices established by the Attorney General or other applicable law; and

(II) use of a tracking device over the objection of an individual; and

(vi) determine the role that State agencies should have in the administration of a tracking system.

(3) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The standards and best practices established pursuant to paragraph (1) shall take effect 90 days after publication of such standards and practices by the Attorney General, unless Congress enacts a joint resolution disapproving of the standards and practices.

(b) Required compliance.—

(1) IN GENERAL.—Each entity that receives a grant under subsection (a)(2) of section 240001 of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (42 U.S.C. 14181), as added by this Act, shall comply with any standards and best practices relating to the use of tracking devices established by the Attorney General in accordance with subsection (a).

(2) DETERMINATION OF COMPLIANCE.—The Attorney General, in consultation with the Secretary of Health and Human Services, shall determine whether an entity that receives a grant under subsection (a)(2) of section 240001 of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (42 U.S.C. 14181), as added by this Act, acts in compliance with the requirement described in paragraph (1).

(c) Applicability of standards and best practices.—The standards and best practices established by the Attorney General under subsection (a) shall apply only to the grant programs authorized under subsection (a)(2) of section 240001 of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (42 U.S.C. 14181), as added by this Act.

(d) Limitations on program.—

(1) DATA STORAGE.—Any tracking data provided by tracking devices issued under this program may not be used by a Federal entity to create a database.

(2) VOLUNTARY PARTICIPATION.—Nothing in this Act may be construed to require that a parent or guardian use a tracking device to monitor the location of a child or adult under that parent or guardian’s supervision if the parent or guardian does not believe that the use of such device is necessary or in the interest of the child or adult under supervision.

TITLE IV—Miscellaneous

SEC. 401. No funds authorized for Byrne criminal justice innovation program.

For fiscal year 2017, no funds are authorized to be appropriated for an Edward Byrne Memorial criminal justice innovation program.

Passed the House of Representatives December 8, 2016.

Attest: karen l. haas,
Clerk
#270951 by Vampier
Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:39 pm
Mike ... Ta for the Post. But honestly I for one feel that you merely prove everyone else's points and validate them. The mere dribble of it all I find fodder for comedy and if you or anyone else can not "read between the lines" as Slacker has in his Post previous to yours ... then I find it incredible. Regarding their wording and "innocent" intentions ... Einstein's definition of INSANITY comes to mind. There is a slurry of EVIL and misbegotten intentions underlying everything the "government" has done and is trying to do. THEY ARE LYING FILTH. You are nothing to them ... they do not do any of this to "help" you and their nefarious and occult purposes have now become so obvious to any who do actually think for themselves, that any who fail to see the Truth and the Evil side by side are on the verge of being irredeemable. Conclusion ... This World is truly lost and the sooner it is ended the better... for all of us ... particularly for those who can not "see" it.
#270958 by J-HALEY
Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:09 pm
Mike Birch your last post is reminding me a lot of My Willie. Are you he? :lol:
#270961 by Paleopete
Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:23 pm
Mike you are missing the point. The text of the bill or whether I read the article doesn't matter. We know how long our current government has ignored the laws. The NSA was listening in on every phone call made in the US for years without the legal authority to do so. Snowden exposed that or we would never have known and they would still be doing it.

We have pointed out specific examples to show we are not just spouting nonsense while wearing our tinfoil hats. The article I posted yesterday evening is exactly that. We're discussing excessive spying on the population and I find a new article about them doing exactly that, right now.

As Vamp said, we're reading between the lines. if history hasn't shown we cannot trust our government, I'm a fruit fly. They have been spying on us behind our backs for 100 years. Do you really think they'll stop?

It's not a matter of "fake news", the very people promoting that idea are the ones proliferating fake news. Typical strategy, accuse your enemies of exactly what you're doing. You want fake news, go read Washington Post or New York Times. Watch NBC and ABC. CNN too. They have proven it for the past 1½ years, and many instances have been exposed.

The terrorist label has been used to virtually wipe out or constitutional right to be free of searches without warrants. All the XYZ intelligence agency has to do is claim they think you might be a terrorist, and they can do whatever they want with no worries and no need to get permission from a judge, as it should be. If you can't see that, it's because you don't want to see it. I say that because it's been too obvious for too long. Snowden is not the only whistleblower who has exposed this kind of thing in the past 20 years.

The text of the bill makes no difference to these agencies, they have ignored the law for many years already. Laws are for us, they work in secret with no regard for the laws or our constitutional rights, and that has been known for a long time.

Read between the lines, pay attention to what has already happened for many years. You complain that we probably didn't read the links you posted, if you still believe this will not be abused, you didn't read the ones I posted either. Our intelligence agencies have been abusing our rights for a long long time already. One of them I posted is a history of our government spying on us dating back to just after WWI. This is nothing new, it's been going on for a very long time. This will be abused and we know it. If you can't see that, you're not looking.
#270968 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:54 pm
Total Paranoia aside, this bill has nothing to do with your darkest tracking/microchip fears. Even you admit the government can do anything they want at this point. The Bill has nothing to do with that, its just a funding thing for some particular people.
#270976 by Vampier
Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:50 am
Guitar Mike ... you are quite "lost" it seems. I do not think you stupid or Evil. I am quite puzzled by your inability and failure to even consider that you might possibly be somewhat amiss in your appraisal. You are like a "Stone Wall". Such walls eventually crumble. Good luck to you ... keep rockin as long as you can.
#270985 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:55 pm