This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#262456 by Badstrat
Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:49 pm
Slayer Frontman Tom Araya: ‘People F*cking Die’ When Guns Are Taken Away

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ ... d-country/
#262471 by schmedidiah
Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:45 pm
How does a pious man feel about resorting to quoting the front man of Slayer as a moral authority?
Much inner conflict on that one? :roll:
#262475 by Badstrat
Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:18 pm
"How does a pious man feel about resorting to quoting the front man of Slayer as a moral authority?
Much inner conflict on that one?"

It appears that you are the one being judgmental to the point of stretching what was posted to a ridiculous degree in your pathetic attempt at slander. Do you just let your mind run wild and accept the wild rantings of your imagination as fact? When a moronic thought enters your mind do you generally embellish it and blurt it out?

Where does anyone speak of him as being anyones moral authority? I know that such attacks come from the heart of the person who expresses them for it is written that out of the mouth come the things of the heart.

What he said in the article about self defense is right on, but I guess that went way over your comprehension, right? Personally I do not have trouble accepting truth no matter who brings presents it, even though I do not accept all that they have to say. Perhaps you should read that article with a friend and have them explain it to you. Maybe you can point out how when someone, anyone, says something and you agree that makes them your moral authority. What a wild concept. I certainly did not imply in any way that he was mine.

Let me break it down for you. When someone says that people should be allowed to have guns for self defense and to protect their families, agreeing with that statement does not make them your moral authority. It is simply agreeing with a person using common sense. Not only that, BUT IT IS IN OUR BILL OF RIGHTS.. you might take the time to read it . On another point, I quoted no one. I simply posted Britebarts heading of the article along with their link. Have someone compare my post and their article heading to possibly help clear things up for you.. :)

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ ... d-country/

I never heard of tom araya before reading that article. If when YOU agree with something someone says, no matter who, and if that makes them your moral authority through only one statement, I can understand where you are coming from. There must be some credibility to that for I would never entertain such a moronic thought myself. That is truly the thinking of a liberal and that is why America is in this mess.

That reply was so way beyond stupid I can't believe it.
#262477 by schmedidiah
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:36 am
Thanks for the chuckles, Slacker. Of course I agree with you and Tom Araya. Just sick of politics on bandmix.

Yeah, I know. General Chat (Non-Music). Still, you're not reaching anyone or changing any minds. Talk music or take a hike. :P
#262483 by schmedidiah
Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:29 am
Jookeyman wrote:
schmedidiah wrote: Talk music or take a hike. :P

Can we talk about beer?? :lol:
Drank a Heineken today.

But was it...............skunky? :lol:

Hooray beisbol! Hey, didja see Boston get blowed up 21 - 2 by the Angels? :lol:
#262487 by schmedidiah
Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:36 pm
Yup! Baseball used to be my life. Now I hardly watch it or go to games, besides after the kid goes to sleep (he screams when he sees baseball on the tv). :roll: