This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#243857 by MikeTalbot
Fri May 29, 2015 6:30 pm
If these guys want to fight Muslims - why not go to Iraq?

But wait - it's Iraq where Peshmerga (Kurdish) Muslims are the ONLY daggone people fighting against these ISIS swine - who were created by Bush and Obama.

Might be time to figure out which Muslims are the bad guys and fight them. I confess I am growing weary of all the 'nuke the damn Muslims' rhetoric. Were I even 20 years younger you may believe I'd be fighting beside the PeshMerga.

I'd consider it a privilege to shake the hand of King Abdullah of Jordan. The Egyptians threw out Zero's attempt to make them accept the Muslim Brotherhood as their masters. So Zero denied them weapons to fight against Islamic Terror. No problem - Putin to the rescue. That should make no-one happy.

Assad of Syria - the Hitler du Jour of the libs and neo-cons, has two million Christians under his protection. But he is Muslim so let's kill him????

Sometimes people need killing. But over bullshit like cartoons? When you've killed men, the thought of setting up a situation for killing more men over cartoons seems pretty dreadful.

Much as I hate to say it, but fighting about 'freedom of speech' in this country is like fighting for virginity in a whorehouse.

Talbot
#243858 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri May 29, 2015 6:32 pm
Planetguy wrote:
yod wrote:We haven't taken the fight to them yet. These people declared a fatwa on our very breath many decades ago. We've cowered to their intimidation and what does it get us? More intimidation.

speak for yourself....i've not "cowered to their intimidation".

me showing respect for another's religion by not drawing muhammed, not showering all muslims w blanket hatred and distrust, and not assuming all muslims are evil is NOT "cowering to intimidation". ymmv

If you apply that evenly to all religions, I'd agree with you. I'm not sure, based on your political positions if you are consistent with that statement, however.

Do you speak up when it's Christ in a glass of piss? Is that freedom of speech, or not? Do you speak up when homosexual/environmental/political activists do things WITH THE EXPRESSED PURPOSE of offending Christians?

The answer from the Left when these things happen is a deafening silence.

And we're supposed to believe that hypocrisy isn't driven by cowardice? Really?

OK... :wink:
Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Fri May 29, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#243859 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri May 29, 2015 6:40 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:If these guys want to fight Muslims - why not go to Iraq?

Talbot

From what I can tell, many, if not most, of the supporters of freedom of speech are in military families, and did answer the call...back when it was even fashionable to the Left to act like they had a backbone to stand against Islamic intimidation, during that short few months after 911, and then again when it was "their guy" illegally invading Libya, and launching an "Arab Spring".

But you've grossly mischaracterized who "they" want to fight. It isn't "muslims".

It's people who threaten to kill another human for drawing on a piece of paper. I don't think we should allow that either, so I support their right to be as offensive as any non-violent mob in the street.

#243866 by Planetguy
Fri May 29, 2015 8:36 pm
yod wrote:
If you apply that evenly to all religions, I'd agree with you. I'm not sure, based on your political positions if you are consistent with that statement, however.

and what "political position" would that be? that i'm a liberal so therefore a hypocrite?

Do you speak up when it's Christ in a glass of piss? Is that freedom of speech, or not?

yep, that IS freedom of speech. disrespectful and in my opinion offensive. but what's your point?

Do you speak up when homosexual/environmental/political activists do things WITH THE EXPRESSED PURPOSE of offending Christians?

The answer from the Left when these things happen is a deafening silence.

And we're supposed to believe that hypocrisy isn't driven by cowardice? Really?

OK... :wink:

do i speak up? when the topic comes up...you betcha.

Planetguy wrote:in my book anyone investing the bulk of their time and energy to spread ill will, bad vibes, things that divide us, and foster hatred....they're losers. and they're to be pitied.

but you're comparing two different things....those other "offenders" are looking to GIVE OFFENSE....but geller and these biker bozos are looking to PROVOKE violence and bloodshed, and in doing so are putting lots of people in danger.

who is put in danger by someone pissing on a bible or putting a facsimile of christ in a piss filled jar? oh yeah...no one.
#243870 by Badstrat
Fri May 29, 2015 10:19 pm
They want you to bow down to their Quran and obey Sharia law. Broken down to the most basic principle that is what you also wish us to do. That is the bottom line. I do not obey either the Quran or Sharia law. The God of creation did not create them to worship Mohamed., they themselves chose to believe the Quran.

I worship the God that created those that worship Mohamed. I believe in the Word of God that came to bring salvation to the world. The God who says Love your enemy, not wipe him from the face of the earth.

Let cowards bow down and obey the laws of Islam. I believe in those who take a stand against those who are trying to force their rules upon us. I will stand with them. Bow down to promote peace? They tried that with Hitler. Islam is not a religion of peace but rather a religion of violence. Educate yourselves. You fear Islam but you do not fear God? The fool says in his heart there is no God.

You say Shhhhh! Let us keep silent lest we disturb them. You think we should keep the peace at all costs. You mock those with the courage to stand up to their demands. How about the beheading of all those Christians. They did nothing to the followers of Islam. How about the complete villages that they have destroyed? They take the young men and kill them and they take the young women, even those not even in their teens, ands pass them around to sell as sex slaves. They are even today murdering millions in cold blood for the god of Islam, millions who did nothing but believe differently than they do.

Let us not stand up for what we believe and cause them to rise up against us. After all, they have vowed to murder all on the face of the earth who do not bow down to Islam, right ? By all means, let us not upset that goal of theirs. Let us bury our heads in the sand and make nice until the sword is at our throats.

So what should we stand up for? The destruction of American citizens rights from a regime that is destroying them? The lawless overthrowing of America by complete idiots attempting to create a utopia? Yeah! That sounds like a good reason to take a stand and be counted.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran ... olence.htm

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.
#243877 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat May 30, 2015 12:09 am
We as Americans are enduring one attack after another... FROM muslim RESOURCES. You are not only rationalizing them, excusing them, and ultimately condoning them... I guess you don't get it and never will.

GOD, GUNS, and GUTS. That's the bottom line to prevent anarchy and the destruction of American civil LAW. The Law of a CHRISTIAN REPUBLIC.... For 237 years.
#243894 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat May 30, 2015 4:12 pm
Planetguy wrote:
do i speak up? when the topic comes up...you betcha.

I believe you, that's why I'm careful to criticize the ideology of Liberalism, and not you personally. Glad that you are a decent person who defends the rights of people to be stupid, if that's what they want.

but you're comparing two different things....those other "offenders" are looking to GIVE OFFENSE....but geller and these biker bozos are looking to PROVOKE violence and bloodshed, and in doing so are putting lots of people in danger.

No, they are confronting people who are threatening us all. They are facing the murderous threats of violent people head on, instead of allowing it to go one more day cowering in silence.

Protesting murderers is different than being murderers. If our government would do something about it, these people wouldn't feel the need to.

who is put in danger by someone pissing on a bible or putting a facsimile of christ in a piss filled jar? oh yeah...no one.

Yes, but ONLY because the people they are offending are not violent. So it's OK to offend someone that won't kill you for it? We should not confront bullies because they are violent?

What message does that send to the violent except "We are cowards"?

I thought you were able to throw off the hypocrisy of the liberal ideology for a moment there...

#243910 by Planetguy
Sun May 31, 2015 3:53 pm
angelsshotgun wrote:We as Americans are enduring one attack after another... FROM muslim RESOURCES. You are not only rationalizing them, excusing them, and ultimately condoning them... I guess you don't get it and never will.

bullshit. i've NEVER excused any murderer be they muslim... or from some home grown christian hate group.

While the threat of Muslim-related terrorism attracts headlines, per a 2014 report, only 37 Americans have been killed by such terrorism since 9/11.

Meanwhile, in just the last six years, 63 Americans have been killed in the United States by people connected to right-wing hate groups.

GOD, GUNS, and GUTS. That's the bottom line to prevent anarchy and the destruction of American civil LAW. The Law of a CHRISTIAN REPUBLIC.... For 237 years.

it's YOU who doesn't get it....

"god".....LOL. it's "god' (or how "god's will" is interpreted) that is exactly at the root of the problem! it's "god" that's kept too many at one another's throats for centuries. and right here in the good ol' USA as well. yeah, sure is great the way "god" brings everyone together. :roll:

"guns"....yeah, let's make it easy for every crackpot to arm themselves w as many weapons as possible! but hey, as long as we ALL have weapons then we can all just shoot it out, and as you're fond of saying "let god sort it out"! great solution!

"guts"....right, like the absolutely spineless and cowardly behavior from these grandstanders like geller supposedly calling out the bad guys while they hire security to protect them. if they had any guts they'd volunteer to take the fight to isis instead of supposedly "standing up for free speech".

you hypocrites like to bray about how the muslim extremists hate us and our way of life (and certainly they do) but you believe that you can battle their hatred w your own. yeah....hatred vs hatred...now THAT's gonna get it done.
#243927 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun May 31, 2015 11:32 pm
STOP ANSWERING stupid attacks from stupid people that have no backbone or clue about all the sh8t that is about to take away all their rights to even breathe.

I mean really... The point of discussion is way past... The point of waiting for the traitors to OUR REPUBLIC has come.

Without a constitutional republic, there is anarchy. With anarchy there is an open door to tyranny. With tyranny there is only death and waste.

That is what these two are fighting for.

THEY BELIEVE IT!
#243965 by Planetguy
Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:25 pm
angelsshotgun wrote:STOP ANSWERING stupid attacks from stupid people that have no backbone or clue about all the sh8t that is about to take away all their rights to even breathe.

aw glen...i see no reason to stop answering you. :D

but, please....pontificate some more on your dislike of "attacks". :lol: