This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#239882 by Badstrat
Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:41 pm
I hope none of you are planning to retire in the future. There will be zilch, Nada, zip, left for you. By then perhaps we will even have had a Cypress model bailout involving your savings. Gotta love this stuff, right? Proof positive that this is still a free country... at least if you are here illegally. Look for two years of really radical fiats to come. :)

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ar/Amnesty

Beneficiaries Could Claim More Than $35K In Tax Benefits In First Year

by Caroline May25 Feb 20150

Illegal immigrants who are able to obtain Social Security Numbers and work permits as a result of President Obama’s executive amnesty could claim tens of thousands of dollars in back tax benefits, a new Congressional Research Service memo obtained first by Breitbart News reveals.

The report comes following the Internal Revenue Service’s confirmation that once illegal immigrants are granted Social Security Numbers — as a result of Obama’s executive actions — they will be able to file back tax returns and obtain up to four years of tax benefits, including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and the Child Tax Credit (CTC).

The new CRS report — dated Wednesday and requested to gauge the tax benefits an amnesty beneficiary could potentially accrue — looks at the amount of EITC and CTC for a hypothetical family from from 2011-2014.

“Specifically, you were interested in the value of these credits for a married couple with three and four children,” the memo details. “In addition, you requested that for every year, the family’s income be equal to the maximum amount of earnings a taxpayer could have and still receive the maximum amount of the EITC. This income level is often referred to as the ‘phase-out threshold amount’ and is adjusted annually for inflation.”

CRS calculated the maximum level of tax credits available to hypothetical families with three and four children. It found that for a family with three children in the four years from 2011-2014 “phase-out threshold amount” would be able to obtain $35,521 in the EITC and CTC.

A family of four in that same four year time frame and circumstance could obtain $35,560.

In those years considered, the “phase-out threshold amount” for both hypothetical families was $21,770 in 2011, $22,300 in 2012, $22,870 in 2013, and $23,260 in 2014.

Both hypothetical families were also able to amass around $9,000 worth of the EITC and CTC annually in the years CRS considered.

The report comes as lawmakers have expressed distress that amnestied illegal immigrants could be potentially rewarded for illegal work and as Congress debates a Department of Homeland Security funding bill that would block Obama’s executive amnesty.

Earlier this month Sens. Ron Johnson (R-WI) and Ben Sasse (R-NE) pressed the administration on the tax benefits amnestied illegal immigrants could accrue, calling the expected refunds “amnesty bonuses.”

“This is basic economics: if you want more of something, you subsidize it. By subsidizing illegal entry with four years’ worth of new tax credits, the IRS would promote lawlessness,” Sasse said in a statement at the time. “This program severely undermines the White House’s lip-service to enforcing the law and would increase the burden on law-abiding taxpayers.”
#239935 by DainNobody
Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:13 pm
"shut up and play your guitar" a quote I am borrowing from Frank Zappa, :lol:
#239961 by DainNobody
Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:40 pm
I like eating cheap lettuce at 99 cents a head because of those guys.. I don't want to pay 4 dollars a head for lettuce.. love them.. :shock:
#239964 by Badstrat
Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:58 pm
Considering that they will be using up all your SS money that you would have retired on I guess they had better keep "cheap lettuce at 99 cents a head". Mainly because that is all you will be able to afford to eat. But wait a minute..do you actually believe that potus will allow them to work for less than $10 per hour? What will that do to your "99 cents a head lettuce?" He will say that is is un-American to pay them less. Well, there goes that.

By the way, I haven't seen a head of lettuce go for less than $1.35 - $1.49 here for a year now. :(

Do you realize that every illegal will get over 9K a year in benefits whether they work or not, naturally that will come out of your pocket. That will include medical benefits and food stamps and the likes. But just look at it as a charitable gift that you can't deduct from YOUR taxes. That makes you feel kinda good about yourself, doesn't it? That's worth something. :) .
#239966 by DainNobody
Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:11 pm
Slacker, the lettuce was on sale @ .99 cents at Woods Supermarket in Bolivar.. I agree it is usually around $1.49 a head.. I was not totally honest.. :roll:
#239979 by Badstrat
Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:59 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:Slacker, the lettuce was on sale @ .99 cents at Woods Supermarket in Bolivar.. I agree it is usually around $1.49 a head.. I was not totally honest.. :roll:

You are forgiven my son. Say 12 hail Marys, go in peace and sin no more. See you next Sunday morning. :) :) :)
#239982 by schmedidiah
Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:40 pm
Salad dressing! On my grocery list. Thanks for the reminder. :D