This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#239731 by Badstrat
Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:04 pm
Does this guy ever tell the truth about ANYTHING? Now he is throwing his own race under the buss by exalting these animals. It would be funny if it wasn't so evil.

Muslims in America history From The Blaze.com

Historian David Barton Takes Apart Obama’s Claim That ‘Islam Has Been Woven Into the Fabric of Our Country Since Its Founding’
Feb. 20, 2015 3:58pm Erica Ritz

After President Barack Obama said this week “Islam has been woven into the fabric of our country since its founding,” Glenn Beck asked historian David Barton to come on his radio program and share some examples of what the president meant.

“In all the reading I’ve done, thousands of books, there’s nothing there,” Barton said on Friday. “I mean, we know that Muslims were the folks who captured the slaves sent to America, largely out of Africa. … The Muslims did the slave hunting and the slave trading, et cetera. The first Muslims came to America as a result of the Muslims capturing them and sending them to the Dutch traders.”

Barton said that beyond their heavy involvement in the slave trade, America was at war with the Barbary pirates shortly after the founding of the country, but those were “the two biggest contributions.”

“This is the fabric,” Beck said with heavy sarcasm. “I mean, it’s practically the whole blanket.”

Barton added that there were a number of Muslims whose activities were recorded in the 1800?s, but it might be a stretch to say they are part of the “fabric of the country.” One such Muslim helped the American military raise camels, he said.

“In 1856 the American military is engaged in all sorts of Indian wars in western lands,” Barton explained. “The secretary of war at that time was Jefferson Davis. Five years later, he would become part of the secession and the president of the Confederacy. But at that time, he’s secretary of war. What they did was they hired a Muslim to raise camels in Arizona because the cavalry said, ‘You know, instead of using horses across the desert, let’s try these camels.’”

“It was a short-lived experiment, but I have to credit their technology,” Barton added. “If you’re going to be in the desert chasing folks, why not use the animals that will go for several days, rather than several hours? But they were just so slow, they couldn’t keep up with the Indians.”

Beck emphasized that the founding fathers preached tolerance for all religions, and Thomas Jefferson defended the rights of Muslims overseas. But he feels the president is “changing our history” by saying Islam has been “woven into the fabric of our country since its founding.”

“David, thank you very much for enlightening me on this,” Beck concluded. “If the president wants to extol those who were selling people into slavery … so be it.”
#239736 by schmedidiah
Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:26 pm
Two things;

I've heard on the Michael Medved Show that the Arabs took as many slaves as the 13 Colonies/ USA took.
You can clearly tell this today by the fact that black members of Arabian society have risen to the Presidency, as well as the top levels of their political, business, media, sports and entertainment circles. Oh wait, they haven't. That's actually going on here. This is especially annoying, since everything about Obama's PC train is all about Arabic names and Muslims being superior to us. It's a suicidal worldview, at best.

At this point, he could not be any more blatant about his desire to take everything that was in place when he took office and turn it all upside down, or just destroy it outright.
#239739 by Planetguy
Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:50 pm
schmedidiah wrote:This is especially annoying, since everything about Obama's PC train is all about Arabic names and Muslims being superior to us.

good grief.

i've pretty much sworn off wading into the reeking and paranoid cesspool of daily obama bashings that occur here but i'm bored so i'll play.

schmed, please give me one quote, one video, one ANYTHING to back up that ridiculous claim.

me...i hear him asking for muslims to be treated w equality and afforded the same respect we afford other religions (including those godless atheists....shudder, shudder) and that somehow gets twisted into him claiming muslims are superior????

then again, i don't hate his guts and i don't believe he's hitler reincarnated (cue the disingenuous for a holocaust rant!). nor do i believe that his goal is destroying our country. so, perhaps that makes me biased and unable to see the truth that others so clearly can. :wink:

ok, schmed.....educate me on what exactly he (or anyone in his admin) said that lends creedence to what you claim . why do you believe that to be so and as such state it as unequivocal fact?
#239740 by schmedidiah
Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:09 pm
Thanks for the challenge.
The head of NASA told an interviewer that he was tasked by Obama "to make Muslims feel good about themselves". That's what the head of this taxpayer funding guzzling agency said was his number one job, per Obama's instructions.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/7875584/Barack-Obama-Nasa-must-try-to-make-Muslims-feel-good.html
If you agree with this sort of mission, and feel that it falls within the purview of the National Aeronautics And Space Administration, then I'll have to keep digging.

Valerie Jarrett, Obama's right hand woman. Advisor on all matters is from Iran. Hmmm. That's weird.
Can't confirm or deny whether she's a Muslim. Shouldn't be that hard.

Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”
I don't know who talks like this. He's either crazy or has a head injury. Are we really such a bunch of sheeple, willing to be led to the slaughterhouse? You're telling me that 7 years after 911, this was not an issue to a single person who was supporting the D ticket. It was reported once by the lamestream media, then dropped like a hot potato.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/opinion/06kristof.html?_r=0
http://www.realclearreligion.org/articles/2012/08/29/barack_obama_a_muslims_useful_idiot.html

Then, there's the "summit on extremism". After snubbing France a few weeks back, he has the audacity to tell us that "extremism" (refuses to call men in plain clothes, targeting citizens "terrorists") is just as likely to be carried out by Christians as by Muslims.
The National Prayer Breakfast, tells Christians to get off their high horses and acknowledge that the Crusades are relevant to this discussion. To wilfully ignore that Muslim terrorism is erupting on every continent, short of Antarctica. As soon they can get down there, they'll kill in the name of Allah there, as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/02/05/obama-at-prayer-event-christians-did-terrible-things-too/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obama-warns-at-national-prayer-breakfast-of-those-who-use-religion-to-wage-war/2015/02/05/e485e416-ad39-11e4-9c91-e9d2f9fde644_story.html
Obama did not exempt the United States, noting that Christianity had at one time been used to justify slavery and laws discriminating against blacks. “So this is not unique to one group or one religion,” he said. “There is a tendency in us, a sinful tendency that can pervert and distort our faith.”

I'm trying to cite mainstream media sources, but they don't exactly cover these things in an unedited manner. I apologize for not having more time to research this, while my kid is throwing tantrums.
#239743 by Planetguy
Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:04 am
no apology neccessary. i'll give your reply the more thorough reading that it deserves tomorrow as i'm running off to a bluegrass prct.

thanks for being a class act, coloring within the lines and keeping things civil..... honestly not surprised you did, but as we all know there are others here who view opinions that differ from their's as an invite to take up arms and rain down insults on those who dare voice different views.
#239746 by J-HALEY
Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:52 am
Mark I know you have trouble understanding the conservative point of view and I am not being facetious. I as a tax paying citizen and conservative am highly frustrated with this presidents lawlessness and utter refusal to listen to or deal with the other side of the isle. One example is his refusal to protect our southern borders. We here in Texas have taken it upon ourselves and are footing the bill to stop the flow of illegal aliens and Muslim extremist from coming across OUR border. What does the POTUS do? Well he sues us for suing him for not doing his job! Hell yes, I am so frustrated from this that I'm angry, I'm angry as hell and frustrated and there's not a damn thing I can do to talk common sense to folks that refuse to see the truth. Coupled with the fact that the media REFUSES to report the factual news about this man. I know you are going to spin this and twist it to fit the liberal lies that some folks have been brain washed into believing. Before you do just know that, the worm is going to turn. Me I have decided that since there is nothing I can do other than vote, I'm just gonna kick back and wait for the big show! :D
#239749 by schmedidiah
Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:53 am
Saladin wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”
I don't know who talks like this.

Azan is really very beautiful sound! http://youtu.be/si2gypY_6UM
you should hear for you self call to prayer it very pretty!
:D As-Salaam-Alaikum :D Peace be unto you!

Good for you (if you're really serious). I find it to be absolutely terrifying. And if anyone who aspires to be POTUS, they should keep proclamations like that to themselves (unless we've entered The Twilight Zone). :roll:
And the lapdog media is quite happy to oblige in hiding it for him.

*edit
Btw, the place looks good. I've only seen it from the other side of the wall, on the freeway.
I live 3 miles from there. I'm wondering, is Dr Zudi Jassar allowed to be a part of that congregation, or speak there? I would be impressed if he was. He's the one that Muslims need to be listening to, in my humble opinion.
Last edited by schmedidiah on Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
#239755 by J-HALEY
Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:23 am
Saladin wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”
I don't know who talks like this.

Azan is really very beautiful sound! http://youtu.be/si2gypY_6UM
you should hear for you self call to prayer it very pretty!
:D As-Salaam-Alaikum :D Peace be unto you!

Is that you Mr. President? LMFAO!
#239763 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:03 pm
Saladin, I can't defend any of these people. There were no Christians or Jews that flew those attack planes into the trade center towers, or the pentagon, or the attempt to hit the white house.
The reason is so blatantly simple. Where is the out cry from the PEACEFUL muslim nations. Where is the repentance for all this evil? Maybe it is the underlying reason for the crusades over a thousand years ago.

Now you think that is pretty music... I don't... I like the music from a high powered rifle. That is the sound of protection against maniacs that have NO RESPECT of the LAW, and even more, our CONSTITUTION, that attempts to protect us all in the name of our CHRISTIAN and JUDEO values!

Don't like it... LEAVE!
#239766 by Planetguy
Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:22 pm
J-HALEY wrote: I as a tax paying citizen and conservative am highly frustrated with this presidents lawlessness and utter refusal to listen to or deal with the other side of the isle.

riiiiiiiight. it's OBAMA who's refused to work w those on the other side of the aisle!!!! :roll: because THEY never had any inclination of obstructing his every move!

before Obama even took office, the republicans, right-wing talking heads, and conservative talk show yahoos were calling for total obstruction of every facet of obama's agenda. instead of trying to work with him (for the good of the american people), their stated goal was to insure a one term presidency.

but somehow you can sit there and SPIN and TWIST it that it's OBAMA who "refuses to work w those on the other side of the aisle"????? amazing!

this is exactly the same (or worse) TWISTING OF TRUTH and SPINNING THINGS that you routinely and offhandedly toss off accusations about.
but you can't or won't see the irony of that! YOU employ that very same tactic that you bitch about. sorry, jeff.....that's ironic and hypocritical as i see it.

I'm angry as hell and frustrated and there's not a damn thing I can do to talk common sense to folks that refuse to see the truth.

"the TRUTH"??? the truth is that you toss around terms like "brainwashed", but in your narrow field of vision, close mindedness, and your need to "win"....YOU'VE fallen victim to brainwashing. you hear a distorted "fact" or an OPINION repeated again and again...and it becomes a "fact" or the "truth". and then you pick up the ball and run with it. like a good brainwashed victim should.

you accuse others of twisting the facts, but never once entertain or accept any culpability for doing the very same!

Coupled with the fact that the media REFUSES to report the factual news about this man.

more bullshit spin from the right. and since that song has been played more often than the latest Nascar Pop Top Ten Hit of The Week.....you swallow it hook, line, and stinker.

I know you are going to spin this and twist it to fit the liberal lies that some folks have been brain washed into believing.

thanks for proving my point. yeah...cos it's only the LEFTIES who spin and twist things. :roll: sad thing is...i think you might actually believe that horseshit you've been fed! and now you take it up as your war cry. no irony here folks...let's all move along.

standing by for your reply that either accuses ME of twisting things.... or the inevitable and predictable blowup and attack that calls me a fag. maybe both?
#239769 by schmedidiah
Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:36 pm
Saladin, I'm too lazy to quote you. So if you delete your comments and/or account like the last 5 jackasses, then I'll look like I'm talking to myself.
I'm an atheist. I used to be quite hostile to religious people, but I've matured. I see now that they're the ones who are most likely to want me to never be a victim of Islamic Terror. The other side (my former side) will spout talking points all day long about how Climate Change is a much bigger threat to our security. I have a right to call bullshit on that. Having one half of our political system talking like that makes myself and family more vulnerable to being a skidmark on the ground, under a dirty bomb. Or a hijacked airplane. Or a hijacked gasoline tanker.
I believe that when people tell you that they are going to destroy you, you should take those threats very seriously.
As for Dr Jassar, you don't have to listen to him. Or as you say, you're not a Muslim, the Muslims don't have to listen to what he has to say. But it would sure help their credibility gap, if they would. He's the only grown-up in the room. When you have jerks like the former Cat Stevens, Yusef Islam, stating that an author who criticized Islam should be assassinated, please. Come back to reality, people. They justify Jihad all the time, against anyone or anything. Just listen to them.
#239771 by Planetguy
Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:15 pm
schmedidiah wrote:I'm an atheist. I used to be quite hostile to religious people, but I've matured. I see now that they're the ones who are most likely to want me to never be a victim of Islamic Terror.

don't be silly schmed....i too am an atheist and my desire for no harm coming to you and your family from islamic terrorists is no less than that of any holy roller. for schnizzle.

When you have jerks like the former Cat Stevens, Yusef Islam, stating that an author who criticized Islam should be assassinated, please. Come back to reality, people. They justify Jihad all the time, against anyone or anything. Just listen to them.

i don't think there are many who don't see that lunatic fringe as exactly that....lunatics.

but assuming those looneytunes represent all... or the majority of the billions of muslims on the planet is no better than assuming that the knuckleheads who were looting in Ferguson represent ALL blacks.

think about it....how is it any different? making conclusions about a huge group of people based on the actions of a small percentage of shitheads is some myopic and lazy assed (non)thinking as i see it.

(pls... note that all replies of "blacks did not fly planes into the towers" will be scoffed at and dismissed out of hand as goofy)