This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#239578 by Badstrat
Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:59 pm
God must have searched the world high and low to find someone as ignorant this this woman. And the fuhrer made her a spokeswoman. Go figure. Is it any wonder that America is on the rapid decline?

http://twitchy.com/2015/02/17/did-marie ... ing-begin/

Did Marie Harf just say jobs will defeat ISIS? [Hint: Yes … and let the mocking begin!]
Posted at 9:44 am on February 17, 2015 by Twitchy Staff | View Comments

In a sane world, Marie Harf couldn't get a job selling shoes.

Rick Wilson (@TheRickWilson) February 17, 2015

Hey, don’t worry guys. Team Obama has a strategy to once a for all defeat ISIS, but it doesn’t involve killing them, no siree. The U.S. will defeat ISIS with … wait for it … jobs!

For real. And here’s State Department deputy spokesperson Marie Harf making that argument to Chris Matthews last night. Transcript via Power Line:

We’re killing a lot of them and we’re going to keep killing more of them. So are the Egyptians, so are the Jordanians. They’re in this fight with us. But we cannot win this war by killing them. We cannot kill our way out of this war. We need in the medium to longer term to go after the root causes that leads people to join these groups, whether it’s lack of opportunity for jobs, whether…

Matthews, to his credit, quickly shot her down:

We’re not going to be able to stop that in our lifetime or fifty lifetimes. There’s always going to be poor people. There’s always going to be poor Muslims, and as long as there are poor Muslims, the trumpet’s blowing and they’ll join. We can’t stop that, can we?
#239595 by Paleopete
Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:35 pm
I saw that last night on some show or other, I just thought it couldn't get more ridiculous than Obozo golfing with a big grin 10 minutes after making a meaningless speech about the beheading of an American journalist......

The only thing she said that is true is we cannot win this by killing them, that hasn't done the trick for over 1500 years.

Something that would help would be some kind of sanctions or outright embargo to stop or try to stop supplies getting to them, and shut off their financial support. I have little doubt our non leader knows this and won't even think about actually doing it.

And air strikes alone will not do it either. Troops (NOT BOOTS DAMMIT) on the ground will be mandatory.

I must digress...I'm totally SICK of the bozos on TV referring to our military troops as "boots on the ground". Those are American kids, barely out of high school, in some cases not even able to drink a beer in their home states, and if they are to be sent halfway around the world to be SHOT AT they at least deserve to be shown the common decency of referring to them as something that resembles HUMANS, not inanimate objects...pairs of boots. It's dehumanizing, and to me as a veteran, insulting. No I didn't get dragged into a war, but I did rebuild hundreds of pairs of binoculars for our troops stationed all over the Atlantic in the 70's, stationed on a support ship. While Viet Nam was still going strong...I've already started, I've been sending emails, and I strongly urge any of you who give a damn about our country and our military personnel, to start sounding off to the bozos in the media and get them to stop using the latest politically correct term "Boots on the ground" when referring to our troops. Yeah it may be cool to parrot the latest catchphrase, but those kids are each someone's son or daughter, brother or sister...not just pairs of boots...

OK I'll stop ranting now...where was I?

I don't want to even think about our troops only, the countries currently under attack need to be in there too, and in fact most of the ground troops should be theirs. We do need our own people in place though, primarily for intelligence to locate primary targets for airstrikes, which will make a lot of difference, but will not do everything. Recently a couple of countries have made a good start, but they are lacking one thing. No, two. Organization and central leadership. That is where the US has always stood out...now we seem to be standing down.

I'm probably one of the most anti war individuals you'll ever meet, but the fact is war has been declared against us, long ago so it will be necessary to deal with it accordingly. I hate it, but there it is...What Ms Harf said was on e of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time, even for someone who has a history of idiotic statements. This is not the first time she's said things that were completely devoid of anything that resembles intelligence. Same sh*t different day...
#239606 by schmedidiah
Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:12 am
The thing is, if the TROOPS ever do get sent on that mission, what are their Rules Of Engagement?
Will they be like the Germans in our coalition in Afghanistan? They have to be fired upon, in order to be allowed to shoot actual terrorists? Like the way Obummer and Holder want our police departments to operate. Wait until your life is in imminent danger before even considering defending yourself. :roll:
#239630 by Paleopete
Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:28 pm
Good point. I don't see US troops in the picture for a long time, our idiot in chief refuses to even admit we have a problem. Just a few days ago he tried to say ISIS (OK he calls it ISIL but we know their real name) is demoralized and pulling back...while they were in the process of taking over yet another city. So it will be a while before he decides to actually do anything, if ever. His "strategy" is to do as little as possible, while appearing to do something, until he can drop it in another president's lap.

But if we do actually see US troops in place, I agree they will probably have their hands tied by our own gov't. ALl indications are that's exactly the way it's being done. Gitmo being emptied out as fast as he can do it, never mind the fact that many of them can't wait to get back into the fight, the initial "pinpoint airstrikes" were actually pinprick airstrikes...you don't do much actual damage bombing empty buildings at 2AM...after the first 3 months of these all for show airstrikes a casualty count finally came out...26...a half dozen marines could do better than that in 3 hours...and not one prisoner has been taken so we have absolutely ZERO intelligence from that perspective, you can't interrogate prisoners if you have none. ISIS had large groups of people gathered in bunches in the desert outside Kobani (SP?) before they invaded that city, Obama refused to bomb the crap out of them while they were out in the open, Biden's insults caused Turkey to park their tanks and troops on the border and watch instead of joining in, which they had just agreed to do...

I can't think of all the rest, I'm sure I left out plenty, but it's not looking good, and of course if we do send troops they won't be able to actually do their job. Not with Obummer in charge. He says they are demoralized and pulling back...OK so how do they manage to behead 21 Christian prisoners and make a video to post online? How do they manage to take over another city, or try to? If that were actually true, all they would have time to do is run for cover...

More lies and propaganda...as I said before, same sh*t different day.