This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#239309 by DainNobody
Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:08 pm
if too many posts are generated on NON-MUSIC RELATED GENERAL CHAT will it defeat the purpose of BandMix wanting a successful music related website? ..wonder if the trend steers toward non-music related subject matter? and BandMix morphs into an Ann Landers type bulletin board, I would like it, but I will bet Band Mix would snuff it out if non-music chat gets too popular.. every post here has relevance and intelligence, but we all know the dumbing down of America is needed to corral you folks into the local fema camps.. I absolutely love non-music chat forum, since it is super fun..
#239311 by Badstrat
Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:34 pm
"if too many posts are generated on NON-MUSIC RELATED GENERAL CHAT will it defeat the purpose of BandMix wanting a successful music related website?"

Where have you been? :)

I don't think so. When the music posts slow way down the non forum section will still keep the "life" in the BandMix forums. Even during the non inspired non creative periods during musicians lives, life goes on, so there is always something for chat.

When I post a song in the music section I get little or no response, other than a few faithful musicians who do actually care about music and are inquisitive at the least. The rest couldn't care less.... so perhaps you should inquire " Is the music section defeating this music related website?" :)
#239315 by DainNobody
Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:01 pm
Where have you been? :)

the collaborator and me have spent some time at his digs northwest Springfield .. trying to get a grip of what music is marketable but at the same time putting the collaborator's and some of my stuff on "tape" (leaves camera hooked up to video with audio, the camera points at the ground or waist level :o ..I was told yesterday I was very "FLUENT" by the collaborator, and he claims it is a gift and can not be attained on one's own merits/skills.. :? ..but,... that still is not coming up with a part that harmonically improves passage #1, by collaborator, that is pretty sh*t hot on it's own, but the endless possibilities have to be played out, until somebody actually has it in their head and can hum out the riff, or we "stumble" upon something brilliant sounding.... :cry:
#239317 by J-HALEY
Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:11 pm
Dayne If you want to write hot music (by Today's standards) you probably should write some rap, hip hop, faux country, or pop!
#239318 by DainNobody
Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:31 pm
yeah Jeff, that probably makes the most sense.. , but collaborator wants a fusion/jazz with Latin music sounds flavored band.. the Filipino guy that is the lead singer in Journey got discovered on you-tube, and I guess that is what collaborator wants to do for exposure, never gonna happen..
#239319 by DainNobody
Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:38 pm
Slacker, also been away because I am cutting brush out of the only tillable land I have on my 5 acres.. gonna get into truck farming again, maybe scallop squash, or turnips again.. the internet is a blessing as far as distribution for veggies..

sold the 8N Ford years ago along with the Long PTO powered 3 point hitch mount roto-tiller about the same time I let the once cleared land (my tillable land) to grow back to brush
#239321 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 pm
This is interesting. 29 bazillion topics in general music and only a few here. It probably has been wiped clear but when this site was started, there where millions of bogus posts. I don't have time to search back and rehash old news, that does no one harm. I wish the censors of bandmix would understand that they may have one of the last FREE SPEECH WEBSITES.

It is by musicians, from musicians, and for musicians. In the end all I can say THAN YOU BAND MIX, for allowing this little space, for the freedom that musicians MUST protect.
#239330 by schmedidiah
Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:40 am
angelsshotgun wrote:Time for a new computer. Thats a K after than.

Yer _illing me! :P
#239332 by schmedidiah
Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:55 am
Keep the General up. It keeps the turnstiles moving. I want to talk music here, I just don't find a lot of scintillating music topics here.

I think we just need a dedicated thread for "here's my new song", another one for "hey, critique this new song". Then sticky those. No more thousands of threads, just covering that basic concept.

Also, a forum I just joined makes new members wait 3 months to post a classified ad, plus the new member must have 100 + posts to do so. Goodbye to that garbage.

As for the spammers, I'm glad they're getting kicked out more efficiently now. Fut coins? Medical marijuana, anyone? Plus, it's fun to goof on their thread after they're deleted, like a hunting trophy! :lol:
#239341 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:27 pm
You know Schmed I agree with you. Unfortunately our daily lives are being tampered with in such a manner by rule of law, that even some of the simple things could bring consequence. Not to turn this into a musical distraction... I had a wireless guitar system. I thought it was great. The FCC confiscated the bandwidth that it operated under. In other words what was legal one day, was not the next. I was disallowed the full use of my personal property by rule of law, without any compensation. Not a big deal, but this seems to be the continuing theme.

These truly are the last moments we can choose. I hope every musician starts playing as loud and clear as they can!
#239343 by schmedidiah
Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:32 pm
Well, THAT suxx! Maybe you need to go leave it next to a Clear Channel broadcasting tower or something. :mrgreen:
#239348 by Badstrat
Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:57 pm
"I had a wireless guitar system. I thought it was great. The FCC confiscated the bandwidth that it operated under. In other words what was legal one day, was not the next. I was disallowed the full use of my personal property by rule of law, without any compensation. Not a big deal, but this seems to be the continuing theme."

Just look at MicroSuck. You can spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on programs not even including the cost of the OS. Then they come out with a new OS and they spread the word to dis continue support your OS so that they can charge you by the month to use something similar to what you already bought. In time they steal thousands of dollars from every one of their customers that way. But that's just fine since it has become the accepted norm. And that isn't even good enough. The "new" OS always gives the user less personal choices. They disable things that you are used to using on some systems, such as recording in stereo unless you purchase special programs for that purpose or add on soundcards. And the software companies love it. We are so used to being robbed that we take it for granted. The one sided ULA never has anything in it to protect the end user.

"I think we just need a dedicated thread for "here's my new song", another one for "hey, critique this new song". Then sticky those. No more thousands of threads, just covering that basic concept."

Quit a few forums have those options. Too bad they don't have them here. But with this bunch I'm sure the threads would be hijacked by the 2nd or third post regardless . Has anyone seen a thread that remained on topic around here? :)