This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#239308 by Badstrat
Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:54 pm
Any one else sick of these phonyassed pukin award shows that turn up monthly? The "beautiful people" all get dressed up for photo shoots and gush all over each other while patting each other on the back and giving each other little polished tin awards to impress their friends at home. What a bunch of fakes. If it wasn't for the big money pushing them as "products" a good many of them wouldn't be known to anyone. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so much worse than the general phony shows that they pre empt, not that those are worth watching either. And they never seem to change hosts. The country shows are the worst. It is always the "sweethearts of the mome" hosting the awards 4 or 5 times in a row untill a newly appointed dufus takes over to show us it isn't just the same bunch of crap that we suspected, as if that will change everything.

By the way, Jeff, I was going to post this right after a TV add for another puke-fest coming on Sunday. Funny that we had about the same idea.
#239324 by J-HALEY
Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:06 am
Absolutely Slacker, Kanye Weasel is the worst no talent hack that is a classic example of the WORST NO CLASS DISRESPECTFUL EMBARRASSMENT TO HIS RACE! I suspect he is porkin Beyonce Big Booty. That guy thinks the Grammy's belong to him and his race another example of the entitlement mentality! I have to go puke now! :roll:
Last edited by J-HALEY on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
#239325 by Paleopete
Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:27 am
I found out how to not be disgusted by it long ago...I haven't watched any of them in at least 30 years. Mindless drivel for the masses.
#239328 by schmedidiah
Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:20 am
It's an industry giving its members awards, based on their ideals and standards. Ask yourself if you would watch it if were plumbers. I was watching it when I was a kid. My dad told me about 15 seconds into one of those bloated speeches to turn that boring crap off. I was cured for life! Thanks dad! Thanks mom! Thanks favorite pet, growing up......... :roll:
#239337 by Duran Van Halen
Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:51 am
Paleopete wrote:I found out how to not be disgusted by it long ago...I haven't watched any of them in at least 30 years. Mindless drivel for the masses.

Someday hopefully they'll all be wiped out. Maybe by a nuke or some other attack. Atleast I hope.

I saw Pharrell standing with the equal phony Al Gwhore, spouting a whole lot of crowd pleasing rubbish and I think of the world in their hands.
#239342 by schmedidiah
Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:29 pm
Speaking of Pharrell, someone thought he would be a good choice to play drums on this Beatles song. :roll:
Damn, no facepalm smilie! :mrgreen:
http://youtu.be/b1lwbN5l57U
#239362 by MikeTalbot
Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:46 am
I've never regretted junking my TV. I can get 'Walking Dead' on Amazon and as for the rest of it - why would I want to hear those blowhard blathering?

I can pop into Youtube and catch Children of Bodom or Waterboys or hell - anything! And it's all better than that claptrap.

Talbot
#239364 by Badstrat
Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:11 am
"Someday hopefully they'll all be wiped out. Maybe by a nuke or some other attack. At least I hope"

:) :) :)
#239374 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:47 pm
I never watch those crappy shows. I heard on the radio that eveyrone who goes to those things gets these fantastic swag pacakges, with 2-weeks vacation stays in Aspen, etc etc