This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#238865 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:56 pm
Jeff, I don't know where all that came from badstrat. He better go spank his guitar. Anyway if you have your heart set on autos, Ruger puts out a 1911 for about 1/2 the price of some of the others. Made in America. Real easy to shoot.
Remember, more people are murdered by conceal carry hammers than guns. Cheap, totally effective at short range and almost as effective as a teenager or adult texting while speeding down the road in a 2 ton vehicle at 100 fps.

Nothing in our country... Is more dangerous than a politician... With a pen and a phone.
#238868 by schmedidiah
Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:10 am
:lol: Harvard Law Review. Just the executive experience I look for in a Commander In Chief! :roll:
#238870 by Badstrat
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:47 am
"Jeff, I don't know where all that came from badstrat. " Hey Glen,

I don't diss your choices lay off dissing mine so as to not really piss me off unnecessarily through making what I feel are insulting implications such as the one you just made..

There are a great many pistols in production that are very good. So evidently we do not all like the same ones. But that isn't any reason to slam someone else's personal choice. I happen to have owed those and they are truly great pistols, They make one in "plastic" now but I don't care for it because it is too light. As far as 9mm pistols go, the CZ 75B and the Jerico 941 are incredible works of accuracy and highly reliable. Not to rain on your choice, the CZ is the most copied pistol in the world. Glock, S&W,Ruger, Walther,Springfield, and on and on all make good weapons. A good many pistols worldwide are clones from the CZ design. Including the Jerico which is quite reliable and has been in use many years in a country surrounded by terrorists who wish to kill them. That should tell you something about them. I Googled top ten 9MM pistols and the CZ you scoff at is #1 on every site. As far as the Jerico 941, it happens to be my preference as it is a CZ with slightly better design modifications made to it. in my opinion. The CZ is legendary for it's resistance to jamming and its accuracy Google it Go find your own lists. Odds are it will be the top 1- 3 no matter where you look at 9mm ratings.

Top 10 9mm http://www.best9mm.com/ #1 CZ
Another one http://top10for.com/top-10-best-9mm-pistols-world/ #1 CZ
another, http://top10edges.com/top-10-best-9mm-pistol/ #1 CZ
another http://ohtoptens.com/top-10-best-9mm-pi ... guns-2014/ #1 CZ
#238872 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:41 am
Sorry Badstrat, I obviously missed your humor about how carried away a TV show can be.
I wasn't making any fun of your choice of pistols. Those are fine weapons.

As for me I may just be a cheap bastard, drawn to the impractical. Rather than run a couple hundred rounds through something easy to shoot... Silly me... I would rather fire fire 5 rounds through a S&W 500 and say "I'M DONE" :D
#238874 by J-HALEY
Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:55 pm
That's a funny story Glen! I like guns. I like owning them, shooting them, and I like the fact I can protect my family and myself from some lazy thug that wants to take mine or my families life and possessions that we have worked so hard for. Do I like guns as much as guitars no. I consider guns a tool that has no mind. Just like a tool in any machine shop you can seriously injure or kill yourself with. Guns put simply are a tool I protect the things most dear to me with! :D
#238878 by Badstrat
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:30 pm
Glen,

No problem. I'm just a wee bit overly touchy about my best friends in times of need. I am a big fan of wheel guns as well. At least in the beginning they aren't going to be targeted by the Nazis. I simply feel more "secure" knowing that if some armed thug breaks into my house I will have more "stuff" to throw at them.

Yes, the TV show was so over the top anti 2nd it was silly. About as silly as the liberal morons expelling a kid from school because he nibbled a cookie into the shape of a gun, or folded his fingers to look like a gun. This rule of this regime is full of sick twisted individuals without a lick of common sense.
#238881 by MikeTalbot
Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:20 pm
I'm the opposite of Glen on the firepower issue - possibly because my specialty was machine guns plus some defining experiences. A good boy gone bad?

I don't really aim any more. I take the gun to my eye and fire two or three shots, rapidly adjusting based upon bullet impact. I find it rare that I can not take a target center of chest worth in 2 or 3 'bursts.' (in a couple seconds) With practice the hand to eye technique can get you hits on the first round.

I base this on the following: a) designed more for combat shooting than home defense,
b) assumes return fire hence the extra rounds to suppress same, c) you can work from the left or right - depending upon your reflex and where your eye is, and finally, d) you can engage multiple opponents rapidly.

I call it 'tactical shooting for everyday folks.' Typically, folks who don't practice much.

Sadly, not a tactic for revolvers - allow the gun to eye method can still work but number of rounds can be limiting. They go fast in a scrap.

I have actually discussed designing a course to teach this with some associates.

And here I am in a world of snipers and crack shots who think I'm delirious! 8)

Talbot