This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#238715 by Badstrat
Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:30 am
"Frank" The movie

I just finished watching a movie my daughter rented from NetFlix called “Frank”. ( For the second time this weekend.) "Frank" is about an aspiring musician who joins a band of eccentrics led by an enigmatic singer (who wears a fake head) and his unstable girlfriend. Right after he joins the group they retreat into the woods to create some original material for an album.

It is one of the funniest movies of dysfunctional musicians I have seen for a long time. It reminded me of some of my Gigging days. It is way funny. I actually thought some of their music was quite good.

In the credits they stated that the movie was actually based on an article about a musician that wore a fake head. Funny movie. :)
#238717 by schmedidiah
Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:23 am
I just saw a YouTube video of a young film critic who proclaimed it to be one of the best, yet most underrated movies of the year. Looks good.
#238721 by Badstrat
Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:44 am
I was surprised that I had never heard of it before. I laughed so hard I almost cried in some scenes.
#238728 by MikeTalbot
Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:14 pm
This in a world where an actual character called BucketHead exists and is often referred to as a top player (for some reason).

I guess I'll have to watch - I did after all play with a maniac whose preference was to play in the nude. Did I find that disconcerting? I would have with a 'normal' player but that fellow was off the charts for both talent and eccentricity.

Talbot
#238731 by Badstrat
Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:34 pm
I found "Frank" so hilarious that I actually tore open the Netflix DVD envelope at about 11:00PM last night so that I could watch it again. ( For the 3rd time). I had thought about opening it earlier but hesitated because I knew it would be difficult to open that bullet proof flap glue without trashing the mailer. Then I thought "That's why God invented clear packing tape," so I went about the process of destroying the flap anyway. I felt at the time that I shouldn't have sealed that mailer. I really did do major damage to it attempting to open the flap.

I even found myself laughing harder the third time around. "Frank" is so typical of musicians that I have met or known through the years. I really need to find a copy of that DVD and order it. :)