This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#238681 by Badstrat
Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:26 pm
I thought I would start this thread for the savants on the forum who are generally gifted in many aspects but who inevitably sabotage almost every thread on the forum by posting unrelated comments that in turn prematurely "shipwreck" them.

So attention Savants, this threads for you.

Post away and please try to stay off topic. :) :)
#238684 by schmedidiah
Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:49 pm
Ouch! :lol: whoever you're talking about sure seems like a piece of work, I tell you what, boy howdy! :wink:
#238691 by DainNobody
Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:11 pm
well... you got your savants and then there are idiot savants..???? :o
#238692 by Badstrat
Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:23 am
I wonder what causes people to get warts on their asses?
#238696 by schmedidiah
Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:25 am
Badstrat wrote:I wonder what causes people to get warts on their asses?

You might want to get a good look at their hands before you shake paws with em, too. :P
#238752 by Badstrat
Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:36 pm
I bet the first food tyrant menu overlord will be up in arms about this!! (From the Blaze.com) Video posted there of the repealing of the school treats food ban. Here comes a either presidential edict, (As soon as the golf cart gets over the bumpy areas of the rough), or sleeping nights alone in the back bedroom for the duration of resistance) .

Texas Agriculture Commissioner’s First Action: Cupcake Amnesty for School Treats (Pies, Cakes and Brownies are OK Too)
Jan. 13, 2015 10:42am Mike Opelka

Email this story to a friend

Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller’s first official act was met with cheers and enthusiastic applause by those who attended a press conference in Austin on Monday morning.

Standing in front of an Airstream trailer from local food vendor Hey Cupcake!, Miller granted “amnesty” to cupcakes and all kinds of sweet treats that parents had been banned from sending to school with their children since 2004.The newly-elected commissioner released a statement saying, ”We want families, teachers and school districts in Texas to know the Texas Department of Agriculture has abolished all rules and guidelines that would stop a parent from bringing cupcakes to school.”The 2004 policy that prohibited schools from selling certain sugary treats also blocked parents from bringing them to schools. However, the portion of the ’04 policy that forbid parents from sending cupcakes, pies, cookies, etc. to schools was reversed last July. The Texas Tribune reports that Miller’s amnesty stunt was intended to let people know, “This is not about force-feeding cupcakes to our children.” Adding, “It is about local control.”However, Texas schools that receive federal school lunch benefits are still banned from selling cupcakes and other foods that do not conform to the Smart Snacks in School guidelines.
Miller’s spokesperson also reports he delivered 181 cupcakes, provided by a donor, to the Texas state capitol on Monday — one for each elected member of the state Senate and House.

(Unfortunately the first tyrantess will be able to use Blackmail for the enforcement of HER school menu edict in some instances as evidenced below) :) :)

”However, Texas schools that receive federal school lunch benefits are still banned from selling cupcakes and other foods that do not conform to the Smart Snacks in School guidelines.
#238754 by MikeTalbot
Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:29 pm
When are we simply going to ignore these bastards? I sort of welcome fat asses food strategy - only because it may give parents some incentive to pull their kids out of the govt indoctrination factories.

Talbot
#238758 by DainNobody
Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:28 pm
really enjoying Tommy Bolin's guitar work on Billy Cobham SPECTRUM album.. did you guys know he is from Sioux City, Iowa? guess what other talented guitarist hails from Sioux City? do you think they ever crossed paths in the 1960's-70's at some Sioux City music venue? ..
#238759 by Vampier
Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:31 am
SMART SNACKS ...SMART METERS ...SMART PHONES ... SMART CARS ...How about we return to intelligent leadership with responsibility and other decent qualities and throw away all the smart crap including those who dreamed and schemed it all up ... the stupid political and corporate filth.

Also we could do away with the rotten to the core Common Core education stupidity and return to basics and raise the IQ of police and other public servants, reduce the military in every aspect and take away the guns, tanks and tasers from the NeoStormtroopers of Stupidity ... the militarized police. Also we could kick out the UN and stage an event on their New York Tower of Babel ... not like 911 but more like the Berlin Wall.

Or .... we could get really radical and have those that took Oaths to the US Constitution uphold them, arrest the traitors in the white House, Congress and Government, have trials and sentence them to "droneDeath" as poetic justice. Or we can continue sitting on our asses and "voting" and ignoring the reality that we are slaves and owned by a bunch of inbreds who are Evil, perverse and hideous pussbags ... listening to their more and more blatant LIES further convincing them that they are "elite".
#238763 by Badstrat
Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 am
Hey, Vamp... Slumming? :) :) Don't I wish it were so but unfortunately that is only how it is supposed to work. Some of the people running this freak show called government can't even complete a sentence.

About that new Opra movie "Thelma"?

Is that a sequel to "Thelma and Louithe" where the car flys upwards from the canyon floor and drives backwards all the way to the old beginning? I know people that would go to see that.
#238769 by schmedidiah
Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:16 pm
:lol: I consider myself to be very fortunate that I've never seen that movie. I've heard a lot of talk for over 20 years. It sounds like cinematic sh*t on a shingle. They want two hours of my life for that dreck?! HELL!NO! :x
Our family friend made her teenage boys watch it when it came out, so they "wouldn't be rapists when they grew up". College professors are so smart. I tell ya! :lol:
#238780 by J-HALEY
Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:56 pm
There's another bad a$$ picker from Iowa use to go by the handle Slacker. I even have some of his songs on my iTunes :-)
#238781 by DainNobody
Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:22 am
I agree with you Jeff 100%, Slacker can play a guitar like no other in my book, a true virtuoso, but on a sidenote, .. using wiki, I found Tommy Bolin played in a Sioux City band named "A Patch Of Blue" when he was in his teens.. can't find much information on the band A Patch of Blue, I know there is a cult following when it's about Tommy Bolin memorabilia..