This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#238661 by DainNobody
Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:20 pm
how many of you out there in cyberland believe music was prescribed as a medicinal agent in ancient times? indeed, the ancient Sanskrits applied music as a restorative, and healing agent
.. music does have an effect on brain waves, alpha waves within the brain, and your brain is considered an important organ to maintain, to have good physical and mental health.. I wonder what heavy metal music with it's sinister sounding acoustical waveforms would be healthy for? maybe as an invigorative agent to heal a person needing some vigor , loss of testosterone ,?. since heavy metal/diabolical music is basically worship of the sex act, (think Baphomet with his erect organ) it could "perk" you up if that's what is considered important in your life.... the ancient Greeks warned of the effects of music on the brain and claimed over-indulgence listening to music created an effeminacy in manly warrior archetype males..

so as you ponder the importance of music in your life, do not forget the possible ramifications from making it one of the most important parts of your life, it can maim or it can make whole.. "Back In Black" possibly caused people to murder, people that did not have control over the sway of dark forces revealed in certain types of music, don't let it ruin you by making you into a effeminate girly boy, or for that matter, in the the opposite extreme, becoming a lunatic pondering evil acts cause you listened to Slayer too long in your bedroom...LOL
#238664 by DainNobody
Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:54 pm
I would bet there is not one member here, that does not think the same thing, that is the nature of the beast, we are all musicians, and that makes us all winners, no matter how developed or talented some may claim to be..what sets us all apart from non-musicians is that we all are trying to perfect our craft, since music never lies, you can throw paint at a wall and be the next successful "abstract" painter/artist, but it does not work that way with music, it's either ugly and hideous, or it soothes or terrorizes with a thrill nearing cardiac arrest.. it is the perfect art, no room for the slightest of mistakes or it becomes ugly..
yes, that's right, I am practicing creative writing, and wordpress has malware, so practice here free of expense.. no judgmental people to harass my inferior writing skills, gives me room to practice..and try it out on an audience, silence means it needs more work
#238665 by DainNobody
Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:54 pm
yep!
#238798 by Planetguy
Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:12 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:how many of you out there in cyberland believe music was prescribed as a medicinal agent in ancient times? indeed, the ancient Sanskrits applied music as a restorative, and healing agent
.. music does have an effect on brain waves, alpha waves within the brain, and your brain is considered an important organ to maintain, to have good physical and mental health.. I wonder what heavy metal music with it's sinister sounding acoustical waveforms would be healthy for? maybe as an invigorative agent to heal a person needing some vigor , loss of testosterone ,?. since heavy metal/diabolical music is basically worship of the sex act, (think Baphomet with his erect organ) it could "perk" you up if that's what is considered important in your life.... the ancient Greeks warned of the effects of music on the brain and claimed over-indulgence listening to music created an effeminacy in manly warrior archetype males..

so as you ponder the importance of music in your life, do not forget the possible ramifications from making it one of the most important parts of your life, it can maim or it can make whole.. "Back In Black" possibly caused people to murder, people that did not have control over the sway of dark forces revealed in certain types of music, don't let it ruin you by making you into a effeminate girly boy, or for that matter, in the the opposite extreme, becoming a lunatic pondering evil acts cause you listened to Slayer too long in your bedroom...LOL

that was a most enjoyable read, dayne!
#238804 by schmedidiah
Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:27 am
I don't know why that got edited or cut off. Speaking of Slayer and music therapy and stuff, I've been listening to this every morning. It's great. Wondering what you guys think?
http://youtu.be/d2nLoh32CS0
#238811 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:45 pm
I listened to Black Sabbath backwards and saw God. Then the acid wore off... :shock: :mrgreen: :lol:
#238815 by schmedidiah
Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:10 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:I listened to Black Sabbath backwards and saw God. Then the acid wore off... :shock: :mrgreen: :lol:

I too, saw God. Likewise on the drugs. :mrgreen:
#238822 by MikeTalbot
Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:34 pm
I was on drugs, and luckily, God saw me!

cheers
Talbot

ps - that Marvin Gaye was an elegant son of a gun - still don't like Slayer though. Never any melody. Make mine symphonic metal please! "Waiter - more Nightwish over here - and Epica for the lady, thanks."
#238826 by schmedidiah
Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:14 pm
:lol: it did match up pretty well, though. It's giving me the creeps, right now. Just thinking of those backup singers coming in on the chorus. :shock: