This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#238441 by DainNobody
Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:36 am
and of course gays were also targets of Hitler.

not entirely true, the chief of the SA was gay and tolerated it to a degree, think his name was Ernst Rohm
#238461 by MikeTalbot
Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:19 pm
Dayne

Ernst Roehm and his coterie of nancy boys rode high for a while. They were good at streetfighting communist thugs - not heavy in the brains department. Then Hitler needed to appease the Army whose support he needed and who were concerned that SA was wanting to replace the Heer.

Hitler sealed his Devil's alliance with the Night of the Long Knives. Roehm was caught with a fine young Aryan fellow. Taken with others to cells for disposal. Sepp Dietrich himself went to Roehm's cell and shot him down. There was a general purge of the SA; and Hitler, always an opportunist, had a few other political opponents knocked off while the going seemed good.

The Third Reich was weirdo motel with clowns like Himmler or a complete horror story like Heydrich (who at least played violin)...not least the Fuhrer himself whose exes most certainly did not end up in Texas...

Talbot
#238464 by DainNobody
Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:25 pm
and what's sad, is Rohm was the only officer Adolph was on a first name basis with..they were actually "buddies".. the crap Hitler received about Rohm wanting to take control was fictitious, bogus "documents" outright lies.. made up by was it Himmler?.. none of these guys are worthy of even discussing, but man the krauts had neat insignia, daggers, different types of helmets, ....and the "old Prussian army officer korps" the only outfit organized when Germany was dozens of city-states, that could have saved Germany or actually carry out their plans for world conquest was gutted by the stupid new concept of an officer corps created by the NAZI party..the old korps was bred for fighting for hundreds of years and had knowledge about war planning, not the new NAZI concept of the correct mold for an officer..
#238472 by J-HALEY
Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:07 am
I have a tee shirt with that written on it a friend gave me! Ted, I have absolutely nothing against the GLBT community! I do however have something against any group that runs for mayor in my hometown on the premise and lies that they support ALL of the city when in fact they support 5% of the population! Having said that I guess that's what they all do! I'll still call them out for what they are!
#238473 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:09 am
Yes, someone needed to challenge the overstepping of authority...just wish it would have been a civic group instead of a christian one. And I wish they would have announced it in a different arena than a Pastors group where so many in attendance weren't "Pastors"
#239933 by DainNobody
Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:06 pm
Paleopete wrote:What is this country coming to???

Every time I look around I see another story about some atheist group or other trying to stop Americans who are observing their chosen religion. Houston mayor issuing subpoenas to force pastors to send her their sermons. Remove a religious statue that's been on school campus for over 50 years. There's a long list of them recently, and just a few days ago another story about them trying to force a town (in MA I think) to remove their nativity scene.

As an interesting side note, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee started a move to get pastors all over the country to send the Houston mayor their sermons and a Bible, she received over 1000 Bibles and I don't know how many sermons. I thought it was fantastic, she finally backed down. Score one for the Christians!

Where are the American people screaming about this trampling of the Constitution? I don't get it...As I've mentioned before I'm a non religious person, my beliefs are more spiritual than religious, and I don't believe in organized religion but I strongly support everyone's right to religious freedom. I think it's appalling to see the things going on in the Middle East, Christians being beheaded on a daily basis, and right here in our own country the Christian/Catholic/Jewish groups are constantly under attack in one way or another.

I see it t his way. If you want to observe any particular religion, go for it. If I don't like your religious statues nobody forces me to look at them. I can simply walk on by and ignore it. (no, they don't bother me at all) Nobody has ever tried to force me to go to their church. I've been invited many times, usually very politely. But nobody has tried to force me. My next door neighbor is a Pastor, we've had several very interesting discussions concerning religion, he knows the basics of my beliefs and never argues, and agrees with some of my viewpoints. In particular, the one most important statement in the Bible, considered to be the golden rule according to most of the world's major religions.

Treat other people the way you want them to treat you. Not sure I can quote the original verse exactly, but ...

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

I think that's about right...

That one statement is the most important one of all as far as I'm concerned. And yes, I've read the Bible, cover to cover, around 8-10 times or so. If the people in this world would try to live that way it would be a very good place to live, and you don't even have to be religious. Just treat other people the way you want them to treat you. It's not just a religious concept it's a great guideline to live by and makes a whole lot of sense. It's not always easy to actually do, I try all the time, and I'm pretty sure I'd have to admit I don't always make it. But I try...

That's why I don't understand all the lawsuits by athiest groups. Would they want Christians to do that to them? Nope. Would Isis want another religious group to treat them the way they treat people who observe other religions? Not a chance. I'm pretty sure if a Jewish or Christian group started kidnapping their people and beheading them they would be rather upset. So why do they treat other religions that way? Why would anyone?

Just like a number of other things about this country it's time for Americans to start standing up for their rights and beliefs. Our government is not going to do it, they have been letting it happen for a long time and not once do I remember the good old US Government stepping up to the plate and telling athiest groups to sit down and shut up. If you don't like it walk on by, nobody is forcing you to join their religion. No, they sit there and watch while religious rights are trampled on again and again. Hmmmm...sounds like what they do about almost everything huh??? Well, except put money in their own pockets...
a lot of relics and antiquities were destroyed yesterday by ISIL using sledgehammers.. Syriac and Assyrian artifacts etc.