This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#235829 by Paleopete
Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:59 pm
You don't know that we are already there?

Actually I try to keep an optimistic view. Yeah I suspect we're already there but hold out hope that I'm wrong. It's definitely not looking good, riots every time you turn around, half our government fighting the other half and both want the truth suppressed, the people following their example and instead of trying to sort out the truth and do something constructive, they sit there and argue to no end, no telling how many criminals coming across our southern border, and more being released from custody, (and usually not deported) only to engage in more criminal activity up to and including murdering Americans, those that have been deported come right back for more of the same, Christianity under attack from both atheists and political groups, it's insane...losing our rights at an alarming pace...

And religion is under attack world wide, especially Christianity and Jewish. While being non religious, (definitely NOT and atheist) I strongly support the right of people in this country to practice the religion of their choice. Whether it's in the bill of rights or not, that's been one of the greatest rights we have in this country since day one and now it's being threatened. If you go to lunch at a restaurant, your religion teaches you should pray before your meal, NOBODY has the right to infringe on that practice. Period. But it's being challenged all the time. Same world wide. Religion is the main reason for the conflicts going on in the middle east, both Iraq and Israel. And the things we see going on there are absolutely barbaric.

What's going on in this country is definitely bad, but I have to take an optimistic view and hope we've not gone over the edge yet.
#235983 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:09 pm
Dude, I'm not sure if you know this so I'm gonna spell it out for ya.....

The purpose of a war is to kill more of them than they kill of you. Your graphic only show that, so far, we're ahead. But the Sunnis are cutting off heads one-by-one now in Iraq. I'm all for smoking every single one of those bastards, without losing a single boy of our own if we can.

War isn't supposed to be "fair"

But if you really think that all those "civilian" deaths in Iraq are harmless civilians, I have a beachfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell you.

cheap! :-)

#235992 by Starfish Scott
Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:16 am
If you are a musician, play music.

If you are a politician, tell some more lies.
If you are a lawyer, they pay you to tell some more lies.

Don't be a musician/lawyer/politician, because you barely mastered the first selection...the other 2 categories have you baffled right out of the gate.

If you think you are a politician, run for office. Any office will do as it will be educational lesson for those who need one..the skill set is not synonymous.
#236001 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:20 pm
Songwriters have ALWAYS dealt with issues of politics, religion, news commentary, and a bazillion other topics. It's not possible for us to be artists and ignore the world around us.

Musicians? Well, that's another breed. Too many of them just listen to the Comedy Channel and think they know what's going on.
Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#236003 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:29 pm
Maliki sold the oil to the Russians and Chinese .... :oops: whoops! Now here come ISIS riding in new Humvees!

You didn't see the Islamists raising their heads under Bush. They had the fear of God in them back then. They got what equipment we left behind FOR MALIKI easily when Obama pulled the troops out.

Not sure if you're aware of it, but there is a UN Resolution that says it's illegal to sell oil to Iran, so Maliki was doing that through Russian proxy. Shall we slap their hands? Whack their pee-pee?

And, though no completed nuclear weapons were found, there were more than 500 tons of WMD found in Iraq and truckloads crossed the border into the Bekka Valley of Syria in the weeks leading up to that invasion. I mean, you can't say "we're coming in" weeks before you do that and expect them to just hold it for you to get there.

Oy

#236017 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:38 pm
don1020665 wrote:You didn't see the Islamists raising their heads under Hussein either .. in fact you did not not see the 4 or 5 car bombings each week in Baghdad under Saddam either.

No, because they had already murdered all opposition in Iraq and were paying $25,000 each for suicide bombers to do that in Israel instead.

You didn't see the Islamists raising their heads under Hussein, Assad or Gaddafi.

Those were the biggest sources of terrorism worldwide before Al Queda / ISIS took the baton away. It's obvious now...you don't know what you're talking about.
#236019 by Badstrat
Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:10 pm
I posted this about 15 minutes ago in response to Paleopete's post. It immediately disappeared, at least I can't see it on my computer. Do they delete political posts here? I'll post it again.

Paleopete,

I think this says it all. The lyrics are in the MP3 free download

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12892434
#236027 by Paleopete
Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:20 pm
Badstrat - Your post is there and the link shows both times on my machine. Maybe yours didn't refresh at first? Anyway it's there.
#236045 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:19 pm
don1020665 wrote:
yod wrote:
don1020665 wrote:You didn't see the Islamists raising their heads under Hussein either .. in fact you did not not see the 4 or 5 car bombings each week in Baghdad under Saddam either.

No, because they had already murdered all opposition in Iraq and were paying $25,000 each for suicide bombers to do that in Israel instead.

Oh, according to the same sources claiming he had atomic bombs!

No, according to Saddam Hussein himself. He made no secret about giving 25k to any family whose children would blow themselves up. This is commonly known by everyone in the region.

Proving again, you don't really know what you're talking about. And the fact that we helped locals fight against Russian aggression is not proof that we were training them all along to blow up the World Trade Center. That's just tin-hat nutso.