This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#235945 by DainNobody
Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:49 am
but if an American wants to emigrate to Belize, (my neighbor owns property there) they don't want you to be able to work in their country.. they just want you to bring gobs of money and live off the passive interest income your wealth generates.. Belize actually does not want you competing with their citizens in the job market, just like we should not be allowing Guatemalans and such to come here and take jobs unless they are brilliant enough to be a high tech worker? and that's not going to happen.. I've been invited to go by the neighbor to Belize, but just what the hell would they allow me to do to support myself? I am not wealthy enough to live off stock dividends/bonds or interest income.. actually the neighbor just got back from Belize a couple days ago.. said the weather has been horrendous..
#235950 by Paleopete
Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:42 pm
Ok but these are still people. If we say that only the smart people can come in, then we're Canada. LMAO

I,m just sayin' can't we set our priorities to who is allowed in.. like Canada or Australia does?.. if you don't have something of value skill wise, just stay where you are at!!

I don't believe in only letting smart people immigrate, I believe in letting LEGAL people immigrate.
#235956 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:52 pm
I'm trying to import a Polish girl. l wish she could become a citizen but you wouldn't believe the paperwork and expense just to get her here on a work visa. The Polish are highly educated and, in their fields of specialty, Americans can't compete with them. It appears our immigration system is afraid of letting them in.

Yet, an unskilled worker can walk across the Rio Grande and get a free airplane ticket to a new life, all paid for by the people whose job they will take. They don't go through the lengthy process, and it costs them nothing.

So for all of those who think we should be "fair", where is the fairness in that? We have a system designed to be fair and it is being abused by the very government in charge of it.

I welcome ANYONE who wants to come to America (or Texas) if they qualify for the requirements and are willing to be a productive citizen who follows the same rules I have to follow.

The rest of 'em? They can all go to Mexico.
#235964 by Starfish Scott
Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:52 pm
If I had a huge sack of $, I'd go to Mexico.

Buy a town and live in it, build a wall around it..maybe a moat with sharks and t-rex's. LOL
#235987 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:31 pm
While I don't think we should be interfering in every country's business, there are a lot of reasons why the "world's police" would necessarily be involved in many of those places. So a map like that really doesn't tell the whole story. I believe that the Obama Administration has started a lot of proxy wars in his short 6 years without Congressional approval. That's not the fault of America...it's the fault of a corrupt Administration and a corrupt Congress that lets him get away with it.

But your point is taken. Maybe we should send all the Islamists and terrorists flowers and gift baskets instead? Would that make them like us?

#236109 by DainNobody
Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:18 pm
I am hearing the new trick of the trade, is for the illegal aliens to apply for asylum.. a waste of more tax dollars at taxpayer's expense.. i can't believe the attorney's fees piling up... Obama is about to use executive order to really get the system fouled up.. he will be blaming the legislature
#236146 by Starfish Scott
Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:57 pm
In the beginning the Indians wanted us to leave, we certainly weren't the smartest or the most anything at all.
So we killed them and stole everything, enslaved everyone we could, everyone that didn't look like the moral majority. That wasn't right either. We screwed everything up and no one cared in the slightest.

You have to have humanitarianism, tempered with regulation and tolerance.

I'll always believe in people. I know better. We can do better, we just choose not to because it all about the EASY BUTTON. "No one wants to give what they got", quote my drunk friends.

Invest in people, they're worth it. Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.

There is always; a good way, a bad way and a way that no one will benefit from at all.

Strive for high ideals and help other humans, the world is a small place.
We need each other and the day we start helping people as a world-wide enterprise, we will have begun a new chapter in human evolution.

We're all stuck on this rock for now, shouldn't we make the best of it?
What happened to "do onto others..."? Is that just lip service to get elected or something you just blabber in church and have no idea what that entails?
#236348 by DainNobody
Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:42 pm
thanks to the (4) bots that have viewed 2550 times.. you are welcome to listen to my tune "Anytime Is Fine" and respond back as to whether I got my hour and a half's studio time worth at 10 bucks an hour..had extra expense in gas money travelling to Marshfield.. I salute the music industry, and although I do not understand how the music industry reasons, as to what entertainers/composers music is considered good art and other as trash, I certainly appreciate the music for the most part I see on BM member's pages, and we all can not be virtuosos, or that would cheapen the meaning of the word, "virtuoso"..
#236471 by MikeTalbot
Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:22 am
There is one point that keeps being ignored in this discussion - the fact that this current blast of 'immigrants' were bought and paid for with our money. Somehow all these central Americans suddenly show up. So Mexico somehow missed a quarter million people passing through?

Just after all this started Obama quietly sent 200 million bucks to Honduras. I don't know what he paid Mexico to let them all come through it's territory but you know it must have been a lot. Mexico after all - has tough immigration standards!

One other point - these illegals will come in and do the 'jobs that Americans won't do.' Right. And since the illegals will be doing there will be no way to propel the current generation of loafers that we all ready have to get a job. It should say the 'jobs that American loafers won't do.

In one generation the illegal folks offspring will, with the help of our thrice cursed public schools, begin to realize that they too, are victims. And the cycle repeats itself until America collapses.

This is not about compassion my friends. This is about treason.

Talbot
#236480 by MikeTalbot
Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:40 pm
Dwayne - re Belize

I'm very disappointed to read your post - hope it is not true. I just had a four hour discussion with a close friend who honey mooned in Belize. He loved it - wants to move there. He is a businessman and has a startup company we would like to leverage to give us the option of moving to a free-er country..

Note - I'm not beating on you. Just hoping very sincerely your friend was exaggerating. Have you heard anything about Costa Rica?

cheers
Talbot
#236485 by schmedidiah
Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:30 am
Er, you mean Dayne? :P

Btw, anybody else see the episode of Survivor Man in Belize (I think that was where it was)?

Ants, everywhere. Spiders too! :shock:
#236516 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:03 pm
That would definitely give you a much larger audience on this side of the Atlantic. But I warn you, they don't pay for music south of the Texas border all the way to Antarctica. If you sell one CD in Brazil, there will be 75,000 people who have it the next day and didn't pay a cent.