This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#232211 by Cajundaddy
Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:30 am
Planetguy wrote:
Vampier wrote: The Port here was covered a few weeks ago with dead sardines ... never happenned before. It looked like you could walk across on them. The tides shifted them in and out as they rotted and the aroma was unique and very active.

vamp, you and i will likely never see eye to eye on your impending doomsday timetable and prophesies, but i have to give credit where credit is due.....you CAN most certainly turn a phrase!

i very much enjoyed the above! :D

I'm with you planet. Poetic prose? Thumbs up. Doomsday prophecy? Not so much. I actually prefer irradiated tuna. No worms and it keeps me regular. 8) I have been on a mission to reach a minimum dose of Fukushima radiation this year so I have been scarfing Pacific seared Ahi like there is no tomorrow. I have probably eaten 5lbs of the stuff so far this year. Only 3995 lbs to go...
#232218 by Planetguy
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:33 am
Thejohnny7band wrote:
Planetguy wrote:
Vampier wrote: The Port here was covered a few weeks ago with dead sardines ... never happenned before. It looked like you could walk across on them. The tides shifted them in and out as they rotted and the aroma was unique and very active.

vamp, you and i will likely never see eye to eye on your impending doomsday timetable and prophesies, but i have to give credit where credit is due.....you CAN most certainly turn a phrase!

i very much enjoyed the above! :D

I'm with you planet. Poetic prose? Thumbs up. Doomsday prophecy? Not so much. I actually prefer irradiated tuna. No worms and it keeps me regular. 8) I have been on a mission to reach a minimum dose of Fukushima radiation this year so I have been scarfing Pacific seared Ahi like there is no tomorrow. I have probably eaten 5lbs of the stuff so far this year. Only 3995 lbs to go...

that's all well and fine as long as i can call ya "Big Tuna" when ya start getting closer to reaching your goal!

goals....we ALL need 'em! :wink:
#232224 by Vampier
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:46 am
Yod ... very good to hear from you. I thank you for your Post. Scott I think that Yod was merely making a suggestion that might help in getting cleaner food, longer and not saying that a kosher diet will protect you from radiation poisoning ....like smiling does.

Planet Guy ... Thank you for your Post and it is good to hear from you.

Well said Talbot ... as usual. The dumbing down, poisoning and regressive education of the masses all play their roles no doubt. I have always loved that term normalcy bias. It makes little sense to me in so many ways but it does exist. I prefer the bias in sewing or sound recording or even in Glens Posts as all of these lack any obscurities.

CajunDaddy ... I thank you. I know that certainly many of us have different opinions and that is merely as it should be. At least we all have opinions ... so many do not. One of the over riding qualities we all seem to share is a sense of humour which often ignores politics, religion, humanity and at times even logic, but I for one Love this about all of you. It seems to be somewhat of a bond which we all share that overcomes, infuriates and amuses, all often at the same time. Whenever ... Whatever... may or may not happen or does not and we are gone, scattered or perhaps in a better place ... I shall miss you all and remember and think of what was here at this moment. I thank you all for being the unique creatures you are and being Men, Humans and Creators.

sic transit gloria mundi

verba volant, scripta manent

#232225 by DainNobody
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:50 am
dosimeter
Last edited by DainNobody on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

#232232 by VinnyViolin
Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:29 am
Vamp.
Maybe if PlanetJazz gets booked into the Rocky Point Jazz Festival .. you can set up a jam session with them and Mr. Noriega!
Some jazz Vamps!
#232288 by Vampier
Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:37 am
Dayne .... I thank you for your previous Post ... the one you edited. This is the first chance I have had to respond. The points you mentioned re the radon gas and etc were indeed relevant and not to be ignored but in terms of magnitude the Fukushima situation has much more far reaching consequences for a great many more people, animals and plants not to mention the oceans of this planet.

75 percent of all volcanoes are located in the Ring of Fire.

90 percent of all earthquakes occur in the Ring of Fire.

Volcanic eruptions and earthquakes are increasing dramatically in frequency and magnitude.

Chile earthquakes ... Peru Volcano which awakened after 40 years ... major eruptions in Ecuador, the Kamchatka Penninsula and off the coast of Japan 600 miles south of Tokoyo an island called Niijima was born in November.

In Oregon Mt. Hood had a swarm of more than 100 earthquakes in just a few days last month.

There has also been high quake activity in Yellowstone recently with one larger than any in the past 30 years.

There has also been ground uplift in Yellostone in recent months.

There is much celestial activity upon the horizon as well which will influence earth in a great variety of ways which may precipitate an ELE as well.

At any rate the Pacific is dying and this death is spreading worldwide as all ocens are connected.

Experts or so they are called have calculated a 95 percent chance within the next year of an event occuring which will bring down and topple Reactor Number Four and kill the Northern Hemisphere and eventually the Southern as well.

Imagine the panic when this happens and there is a mad dash to reach the equator by the livestock. It will be truly Hell on earth ... a One World Hell and there will be murder and death on the grandest of scales.

Perhaps then for an instant some may wish they had done something more or spoken out or even heaven forbid voted differently but they most certainly will not realize that the political filth and game is a rigged facade to placate.

Look up and see the chem trails of slow kill in the skies above you and understand that there is a much more powerful and pervading death spreading in the skies and oceans which you can not see or taste or smell.

Vinny Ithank you for your Post. I have never been a Jazz kind of individual so I doubt that this may happen but still ... who can say.

Know that there is little time left now and that ignoring the blatant facts and believing the lies will not alter the impending realities. Very soon it will be the Last Moment. I wish everyone well and perhaps we shall meet in the next dream.

#232295 by JCP61
Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:15 pm
5I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

6That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

7I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

8Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.

9Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

10Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?

11Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

12I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

#232311 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:43 pm
Starfish Scott wrote:Are you for real?

Eating kosher is going to save ya, huh?

LMAO

I bet you worry when you eat tuna that you are getting too much Mercury, right?

(Sorry Charlie, but we only eat KOSHER TUNA) lol
(Starkist don't want your fish smelling ass.)

Any doctor will tell you that Moses got it right a few thousand years ago without a college eduction or a science degree. But eat some vulture and wash it down with gasoline for all I care. Wisdom to a fool is like giving flowers to a monkey.

But for anyone concerned about polluted foods in the event of an emergency (or otherwise), nearly all fish and shellfish contain traces of methyl mercury. The non-kosher variety have much higher levels than otherwise. Even with a poisoned tuna, you can have up to 6 oz and there isn't enough mercury to hurt you, because it's a fish that gets rid of most poisons naturally....like I already said.

But please, do disregard the warning, Scott.

#232314 by DainNobody
Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:59 pm
yod wrote:
Starfish Scott wrote:Are you for real?

Eating kosher is going to save ya, huh?

LMAO

I bet you worry when you eat tuna that you are getting too much Mercury, right?

(Sorry Charlie, but we only eat KOSHER TUNA) lol
(Starkist don't want your fish smelling ass.)

Any doctor will tell you that Moses got it right a few thousand years ago without a college eduction or a science degree. But eat some vulture and wash it down with gasoline for all I care. Wisdom to a fool is like giving flowers to a monkey.

But for anyone concerned about polluted foods in the event of an emergency (or otherwise), nearly all fish and shellfish contain traces of methyl mercury. The non-kosher variety have much higher levels than otherwise. Even with a poisoned tuna, you can have up to 6 oz and there isn't enough mercury to hurt you, because it's a fish that gets rid of most poisons naturally....like I already said.

But please, do disregard the warning, Scott.
I disagree with you Ted, a tuna is considered a "fatty type" fish.. really bloody too, when I lived in Ft.Walton, used to go out to Wayside Park fishing pier and use bonita(tuna family) for shark fishing, good and bloody and also a "fatty type" fish, actually tuna are warm blooded like a mammal.. in my opinion they should leave tuna alone as a food product, cause they are the most advanced of fishes.. like killing dogs or cats for food..

#232315 by DainNobody
Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:03 pm
forgot to add the most important comment about tuna fishes, it is that the "fatty types" are much more prone to absorbing toxins than "non-fatty type" fishes.. yes, scaleless fishes talked about as non-kosher like catfish are bottom feeders possibly saucking in toxins on the silt floor, but what about the scaled carp? it is kosher but just as bad as bottom feeder..
#232332 by Vampier
Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:48 am
JCP61 .... I thank you for your Post. Your Summary re the US and Christians is most excellent. Well put and more true every day.

Yod ... I am more concerned about the Bioaccumulation of the over 1000 highly radioactive isotopes from Fukushima than mercury although your point is well taken in that respect. For over three years everyday in the sea and in the air ... spreading around the planet ... and now they wish to simply release even more in purposeful dumps.

the nuclear energy field has always been nothing but a scam to make weapons and they have no effective ways of dealing with spent fuel and contamination ... this is a forever problem with no real solution. I feel that the entire affair is a disgraceful display of what mankind has become ... self destructive and unfathombly stupid.

Dayne ... I thank you for your Post and information regarding tuna. I did not know most of what you related.
#232334 by Vampier
Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:00 am
Is it my imagination or are there now within the general chat more than usual threads that are essientially of a quasi religious nature and concerned with the world and the way it is going......
#232335 by VinnyViolin
Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:32 am
Vampier wrote: I wish everyone well and perhaps we shall meet in the next dream.

....the FT predicts .... "In the Next World, You're on Your Own"
http://youtu.be/M1-ghl5gq-o
:lol:
#232343 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:15 pm
Vampier wrote:Is it my imagination or are there now within the general chat more than usual threads that are essientially of a quasi religious nature and concerned with the world and the way it is going......

:)

#232349 by Starfish Scott
Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:37 pm
I ignore you regularly, Yod. Believe it.
I just happen to read every 3rd word.

As for radioactive food, when you're hungry one doesn't tend to think about whether or not it's radioactive or not. lol (I'm usually more concerned with the water I am to drink.)

And I have eaten worse than that before, when you are in the field one learns to improvise. (You should learn what is edible in your AO, dimwit.)
But I wouldn't expect you to understand that, considering you are so soft and coddled...

What you going to do when the obvious food goes bye-bye, is my question?
My guess is that you will starve.

Call me when the world crashes, until then you can save your advice for all the rich assholes that are debating between the bluefin tuna and the grilled Mahi-Mahi.

(Grilled cheese and tomato is more my line of fire as I truly loathe pretentious pukes and wannabe Kardashians.)

You remind me of this jackass I met that was determined to regale me of his story about eating monkey brains. (lol get a clue)(here's a buck, go buy a clue and save the platitudes for some other moron.)