This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#279548 by Vampier
Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:32 pm
George ... Ta for your Post. I understand your feelings regarding watching Y-Tube Vids. I used to feel the same way. It is very similiar to periods in my Life when i have rejected society, withdrawn and became as much of a Hermit as i could under the circumstances. It is a good place to be considering thought, contemplation and understanding, but it is not a good place to remain in my opinion. Now please understand that I am not referring to you as i respect your decision to not simply watch the videos. I have no problem with that whatsoever. I mention what I have actually in support of personal decision rather than as a critique of it. I have realized that my periods of "Isolation" self chosen most of the time, were in Truth Luxuries which many never do have.

I appreciate you agreeing with me and pointing out how you feel regarding "others". That is all fair enough. My feelings are have always been ... that whilst it is important to voice one's opinion it is also important to respect the other's. The "Bridge" of understanding occurs when this is done. Some spirited discussion, some insult and frustration and anger ... all are healthy if conveyed and accepted properly. In no way do I think I can save the world and change things when already they exist in such a screwed state and far beyond any influence I might exert. Most people I do not even like. If I was more Evil then I would be devoted to it and work as hard as I could to exterminate Humankind. But I am not and I am on my own personal Path and have my own personal and selfish objectives but none of them are EVIL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDfnTMD92EQ I like this guys videos and his "take" on most things.

Here is a most TRUTHFUL assessment of Trump and even a thought provoking comparison of Trump to David ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ght7GfA0NA

The Planet of The Crossing ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wb0W3RXngE
... the from Life to Death for many of you.
#279564 by MikeTalbot
Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:50 pm
I have the same problem George. I read extremely fast and it makes me crazy at how slow an interview seems. I've been stuck at home lately (ill) so I grab the Sunday sermons off the web - It takes 20 minutes to listen to the sermon, and five minutes to read it. I have to be very careful with Scripture and poetry since I look at paragraphs not words...

Talbot
#279572 by Badstrat
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:54 pm
george1146561 wrote:
Vampier wrote:George ... Ta for your Post. I understand your feelings regarding watching Y-Tube Vids.

No, it's clear that you don't understand.

I AM LITERATE. I can read written words. I am what used to be called a "speed reader". I can read entire books in a single day. I can read the entire front page of a newspaper in less than 15 minutes. I just plain don't want to waste 30 minutes listening to someone say something that I could read a transcript of in less than five minutes. On top of that, the few times I have listened to YouTube videos from the tin foil hat crowd, they are often really bad speakers. I am a trained public speaker. I've worked as a paid product spokesman. I was a preacher. It used to take me five to ten hours to write a ten minute sermon. It's almost as intent writing an presentation speech. That's because I polished the words, eliminating redundancy and making sure all my thoughts were well organized. When I delivered the sermon or speech, I made the points quickly. It's not at all like my "recreational" writing in here. .

Sounds more like this should have been posted in the "Forum Introductions."

Vamp,

I find some of those YouTube videos informative but not so much with others. My favorites are the replays of political statements that politicians want to forget. :)
#279577 by Vampier
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 pm
George ... I thank you for your Posts.

You are mistaken regarding a few things I feel. YES, I do understand. I am just not certain that you truly do. Literate ? There are and have always been several different forms of Literacy. Together these compose what could be termed as Literacy. Individually each is only an element of the total and complete term. It is a Scottish thing I suppose but has in this "Modern World" come more into it's own ... "Social Media" and all that.

I have encountered "speed readers" many times. Even my own Wife is a bit of one. I read at my own rate which can most definately not be considered "speed reading". I have never been impressed by it personally and I most assuredly do not classify "speed readers" as a literate lot. Some are, but most are not. Speed reading is like eating food by gulping it down like a common cur ... it is not literacy. Sticking with the food analogy ... chewing food allows one to savour it, digest it easier and therefore incorporate it's nutrients into the body more completely.

Your body retains the digested nutrients and incorporates them nourishing the Brain and other parts instead of shitting the entire mess out in large undigested chunks. "Trained Public Speaker" ? Good for you. Politicians are Trained LIARS and not Deep thinkers. And Trained dogs do not gulp their food down until they are told and given permission. A "Paid Product Spokesman" ? A Salesman ?

Retaining the nutrients or substance of a book and the written word is not a "strength" of speed reading. To retain, fully process and contemplate, then incorporate this all into one's experience and previous conclusions and formulated beliefs ... well speed reading does not cut it. I always include the "total" in my writings and do not consider any "recreational writing". I do no not eat reacreationally either ... perhaps that is one of the reasons I am not fat.

Please do not think that I belittle your professed "accomplishments", I do not, I merely classify them in reference to the whole. Speed Reading is no more an indication of intellect than is being wealthy in money. But now "society" seems to disagree due to the worship of materialism and the selfishness combined with ego ... over valuing "one's" time. The Truth ... most people do not really care what either of us think, they seldom read, think or participate in any "higher contemplation". AND THEY DO NOT LISTEN.

Y-Tube is or at least was ... unique in that almost anyone could have a Channel, Post, comment on others and get as "creative" and "controversial" as they liked independently. Sadly this is going away now. My point is that many, perhaps not as "qualified' as you, could indeed express themselves and what they believed in reaching thousands. Pretty decent in my opinion. these are common people and the platform enabeled them to be unique and less common. "disjointed stream-of-conciousness ramble" ... like Pelosi and other "Leaders" ?

In "Literature" there has been several references to "The Journey" as oppossed to "The Destination". This can at times even be applied to "the speaker" who takes his time to say what could be over simplified without example in half or less time. I do hope that you get my point. Some on Y-tube do have scripts. "Polishing" can be done in a variety of ways ... pouring perfume on something that stinks or plating something with a thin layer of gold or silver and then claiming it is solid. In today's "artificial and speedy world" where Time is money or valued by other selfish monikers which have no real value to anyone else ... then much is lost I feel.

Perhaps you can get some sort of tech device which will allow you to "speed view" Y-tube vids on a kind of fast forward taking up less of your valuable time. I am certain your trained mind would not lose anything in doing so. This would allow you to perhaps condemn more and feed your EGO. Damn George I tried to meet you halfway but it seems that you are a "Social Illiterate". You know social literacy is just another element to be found in being truly Literate.

Talbot ... Ta for the Post ... are you ok ?

Slacker ... Ta. Y-tube vids are a mixed bag like anything else on the net and this is being influenced now by censorship in a tragic way. I would have thought that a "Sermon" which could be considered to be good is one which appeals to a mass of people and touches them all and not one which merely takes up a minimum amount of their time. Still Y-tube will remain relevant to some of us regardless of censorship, time taken to view, bad production ... etc. I think Hitler was very aware of all this.

George ... your crystal clarity is not visible to us who have tin foil hats on.

George what you consider as erroneous statement is not to everyone.

George I thank you for making my opinion of you CRYSTAL CLEAR and your
"correcting' my previous opinion of you and most of al my "misunderstanding"

I shall from this point on think of you with amusement and fondness each time i don my Tin foil Hat.
#279579 by MikeTalbot
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:52 pm
Stephan

I'm doing good, just relapsing a bit. My goal is to be back in the band by the end of October.

btw - some good news, just published a short in an anthology called "Undead Worlds" where each author wrote a story from the world view of their books. Mine was a military z-war piece called "The Horror at Roswell Mills." To my amazement we were at #18 last night on Amazon sci fi.

cheers
Talbot
#279587 by Badstrat
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:22 am
george1146561 wrote:
Vampier wrote:George what you consider as erroneous statement is not to everyone.

It was a statement about ME. I know me. I've known me for almost 66 years. I know me better than anyone else does. What you said about ME was an error. No one else knows me like I know me.

Brilliant Georgey. I don't know whether to applaud or yawn.

We're all getting to know you. :)
#279588 by Vampier
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:36 am
Alright George ... I accept that you know yourself ... certainly better than I know you. There is some wisdom in Slacker's Post however. But let us all try to move on ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6aV-4GRDs4 ... I do not expect you to watch this George and that is fine. I put it up for others who might possibly feel the same way as the man who made and narrated the entire video. I think he does a good job.

Regarding Trump ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVUSLxQyy9c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh8HNs1ETHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrbmdRaFbgI
... I feel this has merit

And some controversy ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyDiXNEHybM

Cern ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H16BwpKakA4
#279619 by Vampier
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:51 am
Trump is being drugged, isolated and set up for a "fall". He is surrounded by Military Industrial Complex whores who even favour Islam and wine. Trump's days and nights are numbered now unless something is done to free him. The military has been purged of it's best and all that remain at the "top" are bloated Traitors who have no respect for the President or the country.

A Civil War is around the corner. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpMSM87AeoY
Bang Bang ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hHilr-ICx0

Average American citizens are being played and led to slaughter in a most brazen fashion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-kEsmeIfio
#279621 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:06 am
Key word to that first vid is tolerance.
Second vid is a stage show. Shows the lack of reality when a gun goes bang.
Third vid shows anarchy can raise it's ugly head under the guise of law.

I don't know what these points are proving except, that many are being drawn to them... I have traditional thoughts that the village will only be successful if everyone shows tolerance, and every one has the right to success. We keep repeating this history of control and destruction, over and over again.
Now, there seems to be a huge coalition that is only hell bent on using every resource available to return mankind to a state of slavery. Think about that...

General warning... Good people don't need to be afraid to stand up to bullies.