This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#167102 by Vampier
Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:23 pm
Joseph and others...I just spoke with Purple and we will speak again on Friday again to decide what music I can have "put up" . Purple woks as a video cameraman and editor and is currently arranging to have his music put online. His current Band is called "Revenant" and he has a video on Y-tube of ihis song "Pure Evil Sex" In our last show together called "Fallen Angels" we did "Pure Evil Sex" but with my own vocals, words and arrangement. "Fallen Angels" was a three hour production which we performed in several Northbay Theatres. It was the last time I have performed publicly. I have been working off and on since on my 2012 project. Thank You

#167103 by jw123
Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:51 pm
When Im on an elevator I just hope none of the other people dont fart, LOL.

This thread is all out of my thought process, but interesting none the less!

I cant wait to hear me some vampire rock!
#167189 by Starfish Scott
Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:05 am
Vampier wrote:I only just now say your post...so to answer your question without a dictionary...where I was living in Northern CA. luddite was commonly used and taken to mean...one who is unfamiliar with any of the modern electronics and digital devices....one who could not even beam another up. You really must learn some patience and enjoy the trip ... we you spoiled as a young child ? When you lose your temper you are at the mercy of others and therefore can become easily manipulated. At least put your shields up before you engage your warped drive. I will do my best to keep you updated and hopefully you will not explode before it happens. I used to think klingon's were those bits of lint that stuck to your jumpers when they were washed. Have a drink o Buchanan's and hang on a bit longer. Thank You

Verbose means uncommonly wordy..

I wouldn't tease me if I were you, Vamp.
I got music and I am not afraid to show it.

Even better yet, I don't need a horror genre to actually write.
I can write in a few flavors or so I have come to understand.
I write quickly also. The best part is it's content filled and only quality work. (no duff beer)

No it's not Sting and the dream of the blue turtle but it's got some redeeming value. Even worse, every tune I pump out with the help of my collaborator gets better and faster.

Just wait till you get a load of the last one were finishing right now.

Lynard self-destructed after he heard "IL" and chances are we'll have another body or two after I post "Mint", the aforementioned one.

Not long now at all, maybe a week. Same Bat channel, same Bat time..lol

I'll keep ya posted, rest assured. Make sure you put something up before my next birthday, I may die of old age yet and never get to hear, "Pure Evil Sex".

I guess that's the real definition of "REST IN PEACE". lol
#167228 by Vampier
Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:41 pm
Scotty, you most certainly CAN blow your own trumpet ! I have always considered the creative process very much like a good meal ... that is not to be rushed, quaffed or done too quickly ... lest you get heartburn or possibly give it to others. There is no doubt in my mind now how you may feel about yourself. Thank You. By the way "Buchanans" is most certainly no "duff beer". Things that keep getting "faster" have a habit of disappearing ... at times rather quickly. Nevertheless I shall just keep plodding along at my own pace as I have been doing since 1970, immune as I wallow in my "horror genre" and mediocre abilities, all the while being content and "resting in peace". I do wish you good luck in your musical endeavours and most certainly applaud your confidence. If your Birthday is imminent you can go to Y-Tube and hear Purple's Pure Evil Sex and see the video. No doubt you will have something constructive, supportive and "deep" to relate to everyone after doing so. I do enjoy immensely the verbal sparring and friendly interchange, however I only wish you well. Thank You.
#167240 by Starfish Scott
Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:37 pm
Vampier wrote:Scotty, you most certainly CAN blow your own trumpet ! I have always considered the creative process very much like a good meal ... that is not to be rushed, quaffed or done too quickly ... lest you get heartburn or possibly give it to others. There is no doubt in my mind now how you may feel about yourself. Thank You. By the way "Buchanans" is most certainly no "duff beer". Things that keep getting "faster" have a habit of disappearing ... at times rather quickly. Nevertheless I shall just keep plodding along at my own pace as I have been doing since 1970, immune as I wallow in my "horror genre" and mediocre abilities, all the while being content and "resting in peace". I do wish you good luck in your musical endeavours and most certainly applaud your confidence. If your Birthday is imminent you can go to Y-Tube and hear Purple's Pure Evil Sex and see the video. No doubt you will have something constructive, supportive and "deep" to relate to everyone after doing so. I do enjoy immensely the verbal sparring and friendly interchange, however I only wish you well. Thank You.

I don't chase people's music, no need.

Just to be clear, I don't really care what you think. (sorry, oh wait, I'm not sorry)

If it's fast and it disappears for you, well that's you.
Try not to smudge my duds with your off Broadway version of "you know it all". What you know is definitely in question here.

As for saying something constructive, now why would I do that?
You can't even be bothered to have a sample available on this site.

I could care less what you write, how long it takes you and what genre you write in. Just realize there are sharper tacks in here than one old wannabe vamp with no music and a large urge to proliferate in a redundant manner.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.
#167256 by PaperDog
Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:58 pm
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:
Vampier wrote:Scotty, you most certainly CAN blow your own trumpet ! I have always considered the creative process very much like a good meal ... that is not to be rushed, quaffed or done too quickly ... lest you get heartburn or possibly give it to others. There is no doubt in my mind now how you may feel about yourself. Thank You. By the way "Buchanans" is most certainly no "duff beer". Things that keep getting "faster" have a habit of disappearing ... at times rather quickly. Nevertheless I shall just keep plodding along at my own pace as I have been doing since 1970, immune as I wallow in my "horror genre" and mediocre abilities, all the while being content and "resting in peace". I do wish you good luck in your musical endeavours and most certainly applaud your confidence. If your Birthday is imminent you can go to Y-Tube and hear Purple's Pure Evil Sex and see the video. No doubt you will have something constructive, supportive and "deep" to relate to everyone after doing so. I do enjoy immensely the verbal sparring and friendly interchange, however I only wish you well. Thank You.

I don't chase people's music, no need.

Just to be clear, I don't really care what you think. (sorry, oh wait, I'm not sorry)

If it's fast and it disappears for you, well that's you.
Try not to smudge my duds with your off Broadway version of "you know it all". What you know is definitely in question here.

As for saying something constructive, now why would I do that?
You can't even be bothered to have a sample available on this site.

I could care less what you write, how long it takes you and what genre you write in. Just realize there are sharper tacks in here than one old wannabe vamp with no music and a large urge to proliferate in a redundant manner.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Scotty I notice you dont post photos of yourself, while most everyone else here does... YOu got absolutely no room whatsoever... in any shape, star -fucking fish or otherwise ...to be knocking down anybody else...Your a f**k hypocrite Stop acting like such a girl and grow the f**k up.

#167261 by Starfish Scott
Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:14 am
Paper you remind me of that fat idiot on the survival show that goes out in the wilderness with no shoes.

It's called "dual survival" and the guy is Cody Lundin.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/dual-survival/

"Don't forget your shoes, dingdong".

#167267 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:58 am
Vampier,,, no music posted.

JUST BITE ME! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

#167268 by PaperDog
Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:14 am
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:Paper you remind me of that fat idiot on the survival show that goes out in the wilderness with no shoes.

It's called "dual survival" and the guy is Cody Lundin.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/dual-survival/

"Don't forget your shoes, dingdong".

Is that the best you got!? "Ding Dong"? Seriously... I didn't realize I was dealing with a Special-Ed flunkee. You sure talk a lot of sh*t ...You been primping on the boards like a menopausal princess, ever since you posted that dribble you call a song. You clearly have let all that support go to your head... You have dis-respected everybody on the boards, including those who reached out to show you support. You sh*t on all the newcomers . As far as I am concerned, you have wasted everybody else's time with your immature school girl antics... You want a song critique? Bend over, bitch...!

1) While I thought some of it was pleasant, it starts to remind me of f**k - ing carnival music (Coney Island) ... In hindsight...You suck.. Give it up dude! Lynard has a better shot at this than you do... At least he doesn't have to wade through a 'DNA destroying purple-haze flash-back' to get his sh*t out.. You will NEVER amount to a hill of sh*t.

2) For Gods sake, stop pretending like you 'invented' your sound. I've listened to 3 of your'tunes' and they all sound like an extension of the same "Peter Max does Donovan" hybrid . Put down the doobie, bro ...and get to work on a different song if you even dare... Just ignore the tracers...

3) Get a lawyer and sue the guy that told you that you could sing... Every one of your songs...you are off key in various parts... Pretty dreary... You don't even make your lazy ass f**k - ing try.

Bottom Line dude, You AINT sh*t... You are one miserable asshole...(Even worse than Lynard... He has his drinking problem... I'm thinking you were simply born as a dickhead. ) I aint letting up on your sorry ass,,, You post dribble I'm gonna verbally slay you and shine that spot light so that everybody (who didnt already know) will see what a f**k - ing asshole you are.
#167353 by Vampier
Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:07 pm
Snotty ... you negate anything you say or think by not caring what others say or think. By the way for me being "Off Broadway" is actually a compliment. Thank You. As for you saying something constructive ... well you are right, why would you do that ? Eventually I will post music as I have previously stated. Of course then you will need to find another reason to slag me ...possibly a critique ??? I am certain that there are "sharper" musicians here than I. Some musicians are brilliant, no matter if they make money or ever get published. I have met plenty in my life, counting some as my friends and hoping to meet many more. I have no problem admitting my shortcomings and yes I am "old". Stating the obvious has never been considered a revelation I am afraid. And thusfar I have "posted" no music, on this you are correct. But I do have loads of music which I have written and performed in front of hundreds of people on 3 continents over the years ... so do yourself a favour and do not embaress yourself by stating I have no music because I do in fact have hours and hours of music and all of it has been performed in front of people who have actually paid money to hear it and see my productions. I do enjoy a good chat, and I do have an ego and I can recognize a bag of wind. I listened to your "music" and my wife and we both "enjoyed" it. Thank You. After doing this we are both in agreement with what Paper Dog has said regarding your musical ambitions and abilities. I urge you to keep "developing" and putting it out there quickly or otherwise. Paper Dog you have made me aware that I can put up some photos so I will do so this weekend. Should be good for everyone's amusement. Thank You

#167355 by JCP61
Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:32 pm
on the lighter side................

what i love is, whenever two or more of the more established members here get in to a tiff
before long out comes the........

"Oh yea! well let me tell you what I really think of your crappy music!"

It's kinda funny really when you think about it. :lol:

#167357 by jw123
Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:37 pm
Its all about personal taste anyway isnt it?

Im sure Ive bashed a person or two because I didnt like thier style of music! LOL

But if its MUZAK to my ears I will call you on it everytime! LOL

#167360 by Jahva
Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:50 pm
JCP61 wrote:on the lighter side................

what i love is, whenever two or more of the more established members here get in to a tiff

:shock: Phucking hilarious is what it is.
(sarcasm)

#167371 by PaperDog
Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:14 pm
JCP61 wrote:on the lighter side................

JC, I cannot disagree with your perception of the trend here... Of course my latest critique was actually not unsolicited... There is a whole diatribe of unequivocal request for a no -hold's- bar critique in some previous posts. Its been my observation that most folks don't fare well when we deliver it...
So, Outta kindness, I look for the good stuff in peoples songs.. and speak up on it... If its bad sh*t that can been corrected, I'll mention it (It assumes I know what I'm talking about otherwise i shaddup) ... If its hopeless...Well I reserve that for the assholes.

#167372 by PaperDog
Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:23 pm
jw123 wrote:Its all about personal taste anyway isnt it?

Im sure Ive bashed a person or two because I didnt like thier style of music! LOL

But if its MUZAK to my ears I will call you on it everytime! LOL

From a subjective POV, yeah you have... But to be fair, you 've always kept it about the music... and for that, I applaud you..
I have never seen you slam up a new poster or respond with indifference to the point of being disgustingly arrogant...and self absorbed (Like some (and they know who they are) on this board are.

As for the muzak... (How does one argue for or against another persons tastes?) 8)