This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#237558 by schmedidiah
Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:17 am
:lol: I saw your avatar in an e-mail from bandmix today. Just wondering why you'd go with a generic one. It's easy to upload one.
#237650 by Vampier
Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:19 pm
Nigel … I thank you for your fine mocking Post. "Senor" Vampier and the prophecies he quotes are not only Biblical but found also in a great variety of other worldly sources … some more ancient than the Bible. These not discounting simple observation. But I did like your humor regarding the drink. What part of England are you currently afflicting. Nigel means snow in German.

Schmedidiah … I also thank you for your Post. Not a bad comparison you made although Ibiza is an island, it is comparable to here in the sense that Puerto Penasco has been for the most part quite isolated and when Al Capone was here the only way in was by sea or air, unless you rode or walked.
Vilad" Eivissa or Dalt Vila is much more rich in history however. The Punic Necropolis and its Carthage roots for instance. Hannibal was my very first favorite General. Puerto Penasco has and will always be a fishing village which was corrupted by the US and its obscene influences. This continues unabated … called "Arizonas Beach" and known for its whores and other seafood, all of which is now contaminated, "Rocky Point" is reminiscent of Romans on holiday. Good appraisal under the circumstances. There is a local rag called The Rocky Point Times .com for any who may wish to find out more.

Planet guy … I am most pleased to find out your goal is neither aspiration or educational … and I must say you are achieving it quite admirably in these respects. I thank you for your posting of the pics and your Post … it was very nice and I appreciated it.
I do not have a "schtick" only a Samauri Sword … 3 actually. I get my "jollies" with my beautiful wife and yes I was on a "FoolsErrand" in the beginning here thinking I would actually find some Spiritual, Intellectual and Humanity driven musicians of exceptional capabilities and with some gonads. But I have long since written that off as I firmly believe that at this point it is far too late and really quite impossible to awaken the "dead" or the conditioned, dumbed down, poisoned, retarded and doomed livestock or "eaters" as they are affectionately called by their Masters.
At this point I am pleased that some may be aware and familiar with me in any fashion. Wallowing in smugness, hmmm who are you really speaking about, I fear we both do a bit of wallowing from time to time. Yes, you are correct in that I do indeed take myself, my Life and my eventual Death quite, quite seriously. I wish to do them all very well. I do have a sense of humor however and I do very much enjoy my meager life here, I always have. I am even Loved by some.
I shall however in the future try to abstain from my lofty soapbox or tower or pillar … here it is just a big rock and crumbling at that. I thank you for your "consistent" compliment. Regarding you "perched picture" of me, I truly believe if I ever fall to that my good friends will draw lots on who will put me out of my misery. There is no WalMart here and I know it must be unfathomable for you but they have recently opened a Sams Club.

Nigel …Thank you for the Pillar Vid but I have never been to Burning Man or worked on the Mexican versions of religious films. Also I have never smoked pot or done any "recreational drugs" excepting Liquor. I compliment you on the "Radioactive Dance". I could never have said or demonstrated it better. That is what we all are doing now including you. Well Done.

The banters we all share are like dusty pages in an old book covered by the sands of time and discovered by manlike creatures who know fire and are cold, so they rip out the pages one by one , burning them and unthinking until none remain and they are all shivering once again. I mean none of you any harm, only do I wish to awaken or reawaken some to what is now arrived. Take solace in that at some nearing point I shall cease and enter oblivion. I urge you all to have "patience" for the moment of my silence draws ever near.
#237657 by Vampier
Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:02 am
Nigel …thank you for the info and Post. No I did not realize that there was a common movie for the two… excellent. I can not help but think of … Im only making plans for Nigel … I was in England when that came out.
Yes I taught Dance at 3 adult Education Centres in Manchester for a few years as well as performing with my Band. I also spent quite a bit of time in London and was assisted in Dance greatly by Dame Marie Rambert. I studied Ballet and wrote and performed "Ballet Se Tuer" there. Upon returning to the USA I have always formed Dance Troupes or Companies and taught classes wherever I was … New York , Boston, Dallas, San Francisco, Brisbane OZ, Sonoma CA and Petaluma CA and now even here.
I am no assessor of intellects, I am only a sparring partner here with some of the greatly varied and unique ones who frequent this Forum. I have found that the intellectual artsy fartsy differ greatly depending upon where you are. Of course there are some general themes. My wife recognized the film and groaned saying that it was a yearly regulate here in Mexico, much like Ben Hur, The Greatest Storie Ever Told and other artsy fatties.
BraveHeart … I did enjoy along with Rob roy and some other Scot Films. My last name is Buchanan and my GrandFather came to the USA from Glasglow. I think there are about 200,000 or so of us scattered all over the world now.
I thank you for the synopsis and I am definitely going to watch the film.
I am afraid I have been mostly into Vampire flicks over the past couple of decades, so my general knowledge has been somewhat colored and possibly is lacking.
You may know a bit about the Mancunians . I was teaching Dance at the Moss Side Adult Education Centre during the Riots there. I even got a ride in a Black Maria and got acquainted with The Strangeways Prison and later the Boddingtons Brewery. It became my favorite brew and later the Strangeways Brewery sponsored my Band and supplied us with wonderful Boddies. Just a bit of artsy fartsy trivia from the trivial.
#237673 by Vampier
Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:15 am
Nigel …I thank you once again. Perhaps a pic to test the murky waters first. I was in Sheffield once playing a concert at an old Church Hall. They have always made a fine bayonet there with that fine steel.
At times it is rather fun to throw "things" together in the same unlikely pot and see what comes of it. I must confess I wanted to see what your response would be … very good by the way.
I absolutely adore German Expressionism. The Black and White of it all, the shadow greasy, the silence with plenty of "headroom" for vision, thought and reality … most of all amidst it all, the Human Spirit and Creativity.
Thank you for the early vampire dance flick. I actually have a replica of the "flat Bat" used in the very beginning. The dance is really quite impressive I feel and reminds one of a butterfly rather than a bat at times, although some of the movements if frozen would look extremely batlike. Excellent choice. It truly does have an elegance and simplicity in some ways. Are you familiar with the Dance of the Veils.
I love your appraisal and statement of my dance classes in Manchester. Very clever and funny. WhiteHall was not involved as there were no gay pages in the rioting or dancing. I did have some talented and apt black dancers. I even much later married one of them.
Your "avatar"reminds me of Pinder of the Moody Blues.
#237689 by schmedidiah
Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:53 pm
Gentleman, I thank you for both of your posts. Now let's get back to the apocalypse, please! :P
#237703 by Vampier
Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:49 am
Schmedidiah …very clever Post … my compliments.
I assume you refer to perhaps the dying ecosystems all along the Pacific Ocean from Alaska to Mexico and eventually even to South America. And possibly the media Blackout in Japan on all related to Fukushima. There was recently a 6.8 earthquake in Japan and it seems that it "may" have affected the meltdowns, exposed cooling systems, building stability and tank leakages … all of course "Hot as Hell". Multiple plumes have been detected both in the waters and air streams all flowing Eastward directly to the USA. These are growing in their degree of radioactivity and all adding constantly to the cumulative effect. The results have now begun to leave the realm of Mysterious" and enter "due to Fukushima Contamination". Tepco freely admits that it never has been in control and that its best minds are baffled and have given up now that they have lied about everything to the point of international ridicule. It is as I stated from the beginning an Extinction Level Event. It just takes a little time that is all and for those among the Great Unwashed who never tire of being tired of waiting then all I can say is … there is not much more time left for you to be tired of waiting.
The Radioactive Death started with the bottom of the food chains with algae, plankton and other smaller organisms and has been moving upwards. The effect of this has over the past three years been largely ignored or labeled "mysterious". Now it has become undeniable to ay with a rational and critical thinking mind.
Since the initial "accident" radiation emitted has increased by over forty-thousand percent. During a period of only 10 days recently radiation has spiked in one measured location from 920 bqs. per ltr of water to over 3million,two hundred thousand bqs. per ltr. The "critical" stage has long ago been reached in the Pacific NorthWest, the Pacific Ocean and Japan itself. The so-called Ring of Fire has become The Ring of Radioactivity. Interesting note …the Bible states prophetically that one third of the oceans upon earth will be destroyed and die … the Pacific represents one third of the entire worlds oceans.
If you have been eating seafood from the pacific over the last three years then there is a very good chance that you have ingested and will have cancer and die within the next five years … even if you stop now. I could go on about the children and animal life but it would be pissing in the wind with those of the conditioned livestock who bray exactly what they are made to bray. Bad jokes and ignorant bravado only makes you all radioactive fool fodder and shows no Love or Responsibility for your family, your self or your species. Your fate will be that of the lower food chain in relation to humanity for that is precisely where you are.
On a lighter note let us speak briefly of "ebola". The "incubation" period seems to be constantly growing from 21 days to now 56 days in people with strong immune systems. But not to worry as there are few of those about due to the success of the SlowKill programs initiated in the early 60s and continued to this day. And of course the dumbing down of the already ignorant has quite obviously also succeeded quite admirably as demonstrated by the recent "reelection" and those who "think" their vote meant anything.
People bleeding out and classified as high risk then officially declared dead to heart attack further demonstrates the stupidity of the general public. Doctors, nurses and other hospital staff saying that many ebola victims are being "disappeared" from the roles of hospitals and flagrant traitorous policies being constantly initiated and accepted by the walking dead and ignorant only serve to illustrate my point further.
It is truly baffling and a "mystery" how any rational human Beings can still support a government that has dispensed syphilis and all many other diseases in vaccinations and various "medical treatments all throughout their nefarious existence not only to their soldiers, citizens and prisoners but even export death to other countries. But wait .. I said rational and human did I not … silly me.
I firmly believe that what is being passed off as ebola is not as we have known it. That is the weaponized viruses hatched and tested in Afrika. What it really is is a newer more highly specific and developed weapon which is utilizing humans as delivery systems. It has been spread at the various delivery points selected and is continuing to be spread as it remains silent until activated.
Could that be why all existing protocols were ignored openly and more recently "the re-elected" has decreed an18 month amnesty for potential ebola victims from Afrikan countries that are highly infected with ebola … kind of like a certain imbecilic cretan "assuring" Japan that the USA would continue buying and importing highly radioactive foods after Fukushima to demonstrate support. Wow.
Oh and then there is the dispatching of thousands of battle trained troops from the USA to Afrika to "assist" in the fight against ebola. These are not medical trained troops. They were not even issued protective gear or trained for their mission. Now they are being brought back after exceedingly short periods of laughable quarantine . Could it be that they also are being used as delivery systems for the coming great pandemic culling of the USA.
More recently by "Executive" order amnesty has been "granted" to government contractors and their personnel who may "IMPORT" ebola. The delusion that your government is helping you is pandemic at this moment and I fear it is terminal.
Well I hope that this Post is Doomsday enough for some of you but if not let me know as there is much more to relate and this even is added to each day now. I can hardly wait to hear the conditioned and wholly ignorant prattle which will ensue after this is Posted. I simply urge any who engage in this useless endeavor to research a bit and find some Truths not the dribble of mass media giants who do and say only what they are told by the Dark Puppet Masters who stupidly believe they are in control of this planet which is stuck in a powered nosedive engineered by pure evil.
#237705 by MikeTalbot
Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:51 am
Vamp

I sort of share your apocalyptic vision yet what does it say about me, about you - and the rest of us who plugging away regardless! Are we wasting our time?

I don't think so.

I get the futility blues from time to time but on the whole - I think we are majorly blessed that we have cool sh*t to do. Getting handed musical projects is a huge thing - what are we supposed to do? Sit on our asses and chant? I'm a historian (among other things) and to watch this unfold is breathtaking.

But yeah - it's scary too. Scary enough, anyway.

Talbot
#237706 by Vampier
Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:31 am
Talbot …It is wonderful to hear from you. I thank you for your thought provoking Post. I most definitely do not believe we are wasting our time either my Friend. It is an "espirit de corps" kind of thing in one way I believe and a Responsibility in another perhaps more important way.
I am somehow fortunate in that I do not seem to suffer the futility blues … good song title by the way. I think it is like when you get hit enough in a fight the next time it no longer bothers you. It is all most certainly breathtaking and fascinating regardless of perspective. I am of course not speaking of the unawakened.
It is a Duty to set example when one lives by a Code… a real bonifide Code. This connects all who do in a Brotherhood of sorts. It is easier to face what lies behind the "Door" when one has this I think.
We are not alone even though we shall never meet those who figuratively stand beside us … at least not in this Dream. In many respects this is what the "Armie of Seven" is all about. As things worsen it will grow and become stronger, more distinct and more effective.
I always value your words and opinions … I thank you.
#237796 by Vampier
Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:31 am
Nigel ... Ta for the delightful links ... I was familiar with them excepting the last one ... Lot in sodom. It would be interesting if the same criteria were to be applied to New York or even better still Rome, London and Washington. Ha I seriously doubt that they would be left standing .... good riddance to bad rubbish as the Bassist in my last Band always says. I apologize for the lateness of my reply and thanks.
#237840 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:44 am
Let me remind you Stephen... Before you get dragged into explaining your core beliefs... OR worse defending them...

You of all, have shown extreme kindness in the face extreme stupidity.

A car goes crashing down the street and kills 300 million Americans... Just time to get out of the way and step up on to the grass... Just saying...
#237842 by Vampier
Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:55 am
Glen ... excellent to hear from you. I thank you for your meaningful and well stated Post. Affirmative. There is much afoot and it only increases. My time has always been the Spring and I have serious forebodings about the coming one. It will be a much different world I fear. Keep well and do not be a stranger as I am always very pleased to hear from you and to also hear your thoughts. Your Friend Steph