This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#231777 by MikeTalbot
Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:17 am
Glen my brother - it's called artistic license! :wink:

Talbot
#231811 by Vampier
Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:36 am
Has anyone heard of a musician and arranger named Armando Noriega and Rocky Point.
#231813 by VinnyViolin
Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:23 am
Vampier wrote:Has anyone heard of a musician and arranger named Armando Noriega and Rocky Point.

I had not heard of him, so I looked him up ...

.. plays sax and flute, owns "The Lighthouse" Restaurante in Puerto Penasco, Rocky Point.

He is on youtube http://youtu.be/I2KVjaK4WJ8

Sounds like you are catching some nice jazz down there! :D
....( or did some gangsters just off him? :shock: ) band has a hot drummer anyways.
#231815 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:07 am
VinnyViolin wrote:
Vampier wrote:Has anyone heard of a musician and arranger named Armando Noriega and Rocky Point.

I had not heard of him, so I looked him up ...

.. plays sax and flute, owns "The Lighthouse" Restaurante in Puerto Penasco, Rocky Point.

He is on youtube http://youtu.be/I2KVjaK4WJ8

Sounds like you are catching some nice jazz down there! :D
....( or did some gangsters just off him? :shock: ) band has a hot drummer anyways.

DAMN!!! I haven't played that song in thirty years. OMG.
Vinny you are a real character... You are also a real treasure.
THANKS FOR FINDING THAT!

#231852 by Cajundaddy
Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:37 pm
We used to go down to Rocky Point twice a year for a Hobie Cat regatta. A nice spot in winter and some of the finest fresh shrimp I ever tasted. Never caught any jazz though.
#231920 by Vampier
Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:55 am
I am fortunate to count him as a good friend and to have him involved in my current project ....The First And The Last. He is unique like many of us. Vinny ... Glen is spot on regarding you ... I have come to value you greatly. Planet Guy also has a hell of a sense of humour as well as other certain qualities. The shrimp was good here until Fukushima Johnny and thank you. I am just getting ready to go up to the LightHouse after this.

#231965 by MikeTalbot
Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:53 am
Vamp

I grew up in MD and we all like our Old Bay seasoning for seafood. I wonder what radiation adds to the flavor? Sort of like Cayenne pepper I guess, only it kills you.

But not to worry.

when Fukishima first went down I went to a health food store to get a little something for my thyroid. The lady told me not to be silly, the government has stated that there is no reason for concern. I looked at her in amazement, started laughing and walked out...

Talbot

#231991 by Starfish Scott
Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:38 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:Vamp

I wonder what radiation adds to the flavor?

Talbot

"it tastes hot".. LMAO

#232090 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:14 am
Starfish Scott wrote:
MikeTalbot wrote:Vamp

I wonder what radiation adds to the flavor?

Talbot

"it tastes hot".. LMAO

Actually Capt, radiation poisoning causes all sorts of stuff. Loss of all taste is common. Hair, sterility, skin blisters, the list is long. One of those things I wouldn't joke about. I still have kids.
#232148 by Vampier
Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:25 am
Talbot ... very good to hear from you and I thank you for your Post. Scott ... I thank you as well, good to see you have not lost your sense of humour despite the melting starfish. The Port here was covered a few weeks ago with dead sardines ... never happenned before. It looked like you could walk across on them. The tides shifted them in and out as they rotted and the aroma was unique and very active. Despite the obvious bioaccumulation the simple fishermen continue to harvest shellfish, shrimp and all sorts of fish and the simple tourists continue to consume them in mass quantities.

Glen ... Ta for the Posts, always very good to here from you as well. It is my feeling that we no longer have Five Years left and that all HELL is on the verge of breaking out ... with no control in any aspect ... just death and panic and murder ... not in that order perhaps but all perpetrated with great and evil enthusiasm .

The Pacific is now The Ocean of The Dead and spreading ...it only takes three years for the waters to circulate about the globe and much less time for the winds. I am participating in a series of Art Shows which the Municipal have granted here and each month a group of Artists paint a painting with a dictated colour and theme. The entire affair continues for six months culminating with a grand Art Show on the Malecon. We have done three months thusfar. It is my intention to raise a few eyebrows along with some awareness at the Final Show.

Humanity seems to be for the most part painfully stupid everywhere regarding their upcoming demise. Japan hosting the Olympics is the most recent Grand Act of Rampant Stupidity. Most have become little more than cowards and shirk their responsibilities as Artists, as Men and as Humans.

What a pathetic load of diseased wank.

#232150 by Starfish Scott
Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:27 am
"DON'T DRINK THE MILK, iT'S SPOILED".. lol

#232154 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:47 am
Not for religious reasons, but for survival in the near future, I highly recommend adopting a biblically kosher diet as much as possible. (lev 11 & Deut 14)

The animals deemed unclean are the ones who have no mechanism for filtering out poisons from their flesh.

Shrimp, ham, crabs, lobster, etc....that stuff will kill you in small doses when the air/water/ground is contaminated.

#232170 by Starfish Scott
Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:19 pm
Are you for real?

Eating kosher is going to save ya, huh?

LMAO

I bet you worry when you eat tuna that you are getting too much Mercury, right?

(Sorry Charlie, but we only eat KOSHER TUNA) lol
(Starkist don't want your fish smelling ass.)
#232178 by Planetguy
Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:08 pm
Vampier wrote: The Port here was covered a few weeks ago with dead sardines ... never happenned before. It looked like you could walk across on them. The tides shifted them in and out as they rotted and the aroma was unique and very active.

vamp, you and i will likely never see eye to eye on your impending doomsday timetable and prophesies, but i have to give credit where credit is due.....you CAN most certainly turn a phrase!

i very much enjoyed the above! :D

#232203 by MikeTalbot
Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:02 pm
Vamp

Stupidity? Yeah, that is some of it. But there is a thing called the Normalcy Bias that afflicts a lot of folks - particularly women for some reason. (who pass it on to men)

In tense situations that bias can get you killed pretty quick. As in, when somebody shouts 'get down' a lot of idiots stand around demanding an explanation.

I remember do tech support with people whose systems had crashed and they lost their data. "Install your backup," I'd tell them. Trying not to laugh when they replied, "I've never needed a backup before!"

Reminds me of folks I've talked to when we heard about the bison exiting Yellowstone: "No worries - it hasn't erupted in thousands of years..." Oh, OK. What's on TV? Anything stupid enough to while away a few hours of my boring life?

Talbot