This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#167602 by Vampier
Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:41 am
Interesting to witness the spectacle of Scotty as he continues to ridicule himself with rampant stories of his manhood and technical abilities as well as a newfound proficiency in addition to "music". Of course one which he refuses to share and which is as dubious as his newly posted picture. My wife and I do enjoy watching the "Big Bang Theory" on the internet. Nerds are always delightful little creatures and utterly likable ... in my old, jaded and misinformed opinion. Paper Dog ... thank you for the advice. I am in no big rush at the moment but nevertheless what you have stated has always been and will continue to be one of the best options. All I can say is that it always comes out in the music and I strongly urge anyone who may be witnessing this spectacle to check out Scotty's "Music" as well as Paper Dog's and judge for themselves. We however remain firmly in the camp of the Paper Dog and this is based purely upon "musical ability" and not influenced at all by what has or has not been said. The ego is an amazing thing is it not ? We all have them and some are shall we say a bit more well-founded than others. But that being said...I do feel a bit guilty about not having any music up and although I do have many good reasons for this my wonderful wife has taken pity and after reading this entire convoluted mess told me to dig out a DVD and she will undertake to post a bit of it so tomorrow I shall do so...you see the picture of the truck, well I must unload half of it to get to the DVD's.. This has all been quite enjoyable for me however and the flip flopping of opinion (I will not mention names) and most of all the open minded support from unexpected quarters has ben for me very enlightening and of course the dull and predictable insults. Each night I look out from my window and if I do not see the villagers marching upon my lair with pitchforks and torches then I feel it has been a "good day". It might possibly take a couple days but the music is forthcoming. And let me say that although I hope it "satisfies" somehow I feel that it will not as regards some but such is life and perhaps it will tweak the interest of someone who may be motivated to enlist in my nefarious endeavour. Thank You.
#167609 by JCP61
Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:06 am
Vampier wrote:Interesting to witness the spectacle of Scotty as he continues to ridicule himself with rampant stories of his manhood and technical abilities as well as a newfound proficiency in addition to "music". Of course one which he refuses to share and which is as dubious as his newly posted picture. My wife and I do enjoy watching the "Big Bang Theory" on the internet. Nerds are always delightful little creatures and utterly likable ... in my old, jaded and misinformed opinion. Paper Dog ... thank you for the advice. I am in no big rush at the moment but nevertheless what you have stated has always been and will continue to be one of the best options. All I can say is that it always comes out in the music and I strongly urge anyone who may be witnessing this spectacle to check out Scotty's "Music" as well as Paper Dog's and judge for themselves. We however remain firmly in the camp of the Paper Dog and this is based purely upon "musical ability" and not influenced at all by what has or has not been said. The ego is an amazing thing is it not ? We all have them and some are shall we say a bit more well-founded than others. But that being said...I do feel a bit guilty about not having any music up and although I do have many good reasons for this my wonderful wife has taken pity and after reading this entire convoluted mess told me to dig out a DVD and she will undertake to post a bit of it so tomorrow I shall do so...you see the picture of the truck, well I must unload half of it to get to the DVD's.. This has all been quite enjoyable for me however and the flip flopping of opinion (I will not mention names) and most of all the open minded support from unexpected quarters has ben for me very enlightening and of course the dull and predictable insults. Each night I look out from my window and if I do not see the villagers marching upon my lair with pitchforks and torches then I feel it has been a "good day". It might possibly take a couple days but the music is forthcoming. And let me say that although I hope it "satisfies" somehow I feel that it will not as regards some but such is life and perhaps it will tweak the interest of someone who may be motivated to enlist in my nefarious endeavour. Thank You.

brevity is the soul of wit.
W. Shakespeare

#167645 by Starfish Scott
Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:48 pm
Geeze, and some say I speak in a verbose and opaque manner.

LOL

So in 2 sentences or less, what are you trying to state in such a convoluted manner>?

I just can't skim your material for meaning anymore, it's like looking for water in the desert.

Yeah and I am sorry, I only have the 1 song up on the player at a time.
So you get to poke at 1 at a time. Too many more at the same time might cause mild insanity, well maybe more than mild considering this bunch.

(spontaneous combustion>?) lol Maybe just short of that.
#167658 by Vampier
Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:35 pm
I can not deny that I enjoy wallowing in words, reading long and old books written by dead people and contemplating the written accounts of history and tracing them where possible back to the source, all the while discovering the majority of the time that they are but lies, falsehoods and fabrications of truth. I despise facebook, "social networking" and most of the creations that hide behind the mask of modern communication. I find that the Art of Conversation has all but disappeared. It is like the Artist who tries to paint with no brushes and must use his clumsy and unsophisticated fingers like an ape peeling a banana. But that of course is my humble opinion. Whenever I catch a thief or vandal I beat the sh*t out of them if they are not legally considered a minor and and where I come from a 21 year old is classified as a man. Food for thought to those who wish to dally in such. Thank You
#167665 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:25 pm
Vampier wrote:I can not deny that I enjoy wallowing in words, reading long and old books written by dead people and contemplating the written accounts of history and tracing them where possible back to the source, all the while discovering the majority of the time that they are but lies, falsehoods and fabrications of truth. I despise facebook, "social networking" and most of the creations that hide behind the mask of modern communication. I find that the Art of Conversation has all but disappeared. It is like the Artist who tries to paint with no brushes and must use his clumsy and unsophisticated fingers like an ape peeling a banana. But that of course is my humble opinion. Whenever I catch a thief or vandal I beat the sh*t out of them if they are not legally considered a minor and and where I come from a 21 year old is classified as a man. Food for thought to those who wish to dally in such. Thank You

Are you William Devane?

sure look like it in that pic....
#167666 by Vampier
Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:26 pm
Etu ...good point. We are still looking/listening at your activities. We find them very interesting and will address it soon. Not that anyone will be interested or in agreement with what we may say. Good to hear from you. Thank You
#167669 by Vampier
Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:35 pm
Yod ....no I am not. When directing a TV Show called Canvas Cavity produced by my Dentist in Alameda, CA many thought I was the wrestler Dusty Rhodes. We did the show for 5 years and it aired in 27 countries and I never met Dusty. When I was younger many mistook me for the actor in Billy Jack ???? William Devane...I think I worked with him and Vanessa Redgrave on my first film ... Yanks. But I have never been accussed of being him. My apologies William. Ta

#167678 by Shapeshifter
Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:21 pm
For God's sake, just watch the damn video...

http://youtu.be/82iiZUta_u4

All this build up. Oooh, the suspense. "My wife and I are critiquing your music, and yours, and yours. Because we are experts. We have nothing posted, and nothing to back up our expertise, but we are music critics because we say so. PaperDog, you've been nice to me, so I will say I like your music. Scott, you are a meanie, so your music is just O-K. Etu, I'm afraid of you so I am going to put off upsetting you..." :lol:

Ad Nauseum. Please, please, please...everyone just watch the stupid video (so that it will actually have more views than people listed in the credits). I mean, really this is what the hoopla is all about? :? :shock: :x :roll:

#167681 by JCP61
Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:05 pm
many words and few to the point,

I'm really getting the distinct impression that other than possibly knowing some of the people involved in making this vid
the vampire guy isn't involved at all.
or am I mistaken in this?

#167683 by Shapeshifter
Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:11 pm
This is a song that he used in a performance, that apparently belongs to the bass player (who is seen here performing it with his current band). So, uh...no. He once sang lead vocals on it, or something. I dunno. Not going to give my impression of it at this time, only gonna say that from all the build up to see what this guy can do...eh. I playe stuff like that 15 years ago and then outgrew it.

#167703 by KLUGMO
Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:34 pm
Thanks for putting me on your music list J6. You are the first
that I have seen. :D

Look at all the view numbers lately. Lotta lurkers.
#167707 by Vampier
Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:16 am
Joseph ... I was not aware that my Wife and I have suddenly become music critics ??? If you were perchance referring to my message to Etu then please let me explain... in one of the earlier posts he told me about some music he had written for a vampire production. I assumed he thought it may be of interest to me and it was so my wife and I checked it out and saw his website and decided that it was rather interesting and since I had mentioned yo him that I was going to check it out and in all this flurry of communications we realized that we had not said anything then I simply told him that we had not forgotten and this was done as a pure courtesy as he has been that way with me. In truth we liked what we saw and heard and are looking forward to exploring everything there...that is all. I did listen to everyone posted music partly to see exactly what "posted" music was and partly to hear each one's and see how it was. We listened to yours as well and many others. We have not said anything about most of them because we see no point since we were not really invited and since, well, we do not consider ourselves music critics. What was said re Scotty's was merely to back up what the Paper Dog related as we are in total agreement. I hope this puts your mind at ease somewhat. If I were to give an appraisal it would be very detailed and wordy. But that would have to be invited as I do have a sense of mercy for the Great Unwashed. Do people change their posted songs generallyor just keep adding to them ? Thank You

#167735 by Starfish Scott
Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:32 pm
Gig-Gigity, ummm.. lol

The only thing I really didn't care for was the bass line..the rest was ok, the vid could have been cleaned up a little.

The singer reminds me of Billy Squier.

Would have been better shot in a city environ with heavy bells and religious overtones. A bar seems odd but not a sin..

I hear some Iron Maiden tune in my skull after listening to that.
Maybe 22 Acacia Avenue or something similar.

Are you in fact Dusty Rhoades ? lol
#167743 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 pm
Vampier wrote:When directing a TV Show called Canvas Cavity produced by my Dentist

Never heard of it...but it's a funny topic.

William Devane...I think I worked with him and Vanessa Redgrave on my first film ... Yanks. But I have never been accussed of being him. My apologies William. Ta

Didn't really think you were but that pic.....

I don't understand all the hostility towards new people here. It's a pack mentality of weeding out the weak, I suppose. Sometimes I think it's the insecure trying to exalt themselves over someone, anyone. Maybe it's just a "rights of passage" exercise. Whatever it is, everyone gets that when they come in. At least they aren't indifferent. That's a good sign actually.

I could be wrong..but I don't see what you've done to draw such ire. Welcome to the jungle.