This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#241542 by Planetguy
Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:53 pm
i grow as weary of this game as you so rather than do a line by line itemized listing pointing out how each of these 50 claims IS a falsehood...anyone who is REALLY curious and willing to check out the explainations of WHY they are false may do so here.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... news-lies/

ted, here's what i believe....

you will look at events, and from your conservative bias will form your conclusions.

i will look at events, and from my liberal bias will form my conclusions.

me, i am willing and truthful enough to admit my bias.....you, i'm not so sure about.

you're not gonna change my views w your arguments and i'm not gonna be changing your's.

c'est la vie. :)
#241543 by Planetguy
Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:56 pm
angelsshotgun wrote: For someone that is so busy arguing... After I read all of this... This is purely about EGO. Typical bass player.

angelsshotgun wrote:OH STOP with that bass player stuff. Everyone knows bass players can be replaced by a computer and a KORG N1.

Then the whole band is happy because the N1 will help setting up a gig far more than any bass player.

and here's another thing i believe.....anyone who would choose to play w preprogrammed bass parts or keyboard bass over a real bass player is a chump. worse still...a bigger chump would be someone who doesn't really feel that way.... but instead falsely states he does for the purpose of......hmmmm, for what purpose?????

glen, you embarrass yourself asserting that bassplayers are the ones w out of control egos. are there many here who disagree that the egos of lead singers and lead gtrsts are usually the biggest in the band?

but bass players..the ones who stand in the back of band and play simple parts to support the song and other players???? hah...those guys are tight ends, den mothers, and tour guides who when they're doing their job, selflessly make everyone else feel comfortable. that's called teamplay and it's the exact opposite of ego. 8)

i mean, really now...... when was the last time you saw some egotistical bass player showing off his stuff and strutting their rockstar moves at some Guitar Center Shootout Contest to prove who was the baddest gunslinger???? :wink:
#241545 by J-HALEY
Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:36 pm
Planetguy wrote
i grow as weary of this game as you so rather than do a line by line itemized listing pointing out how each of these 50 claims IS a falsehood...anyone who is REALLY curious and willing to check out the explainations of WHY they are false may do so here. WHaaaaaaaaaaaat :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Mark, I was really hoping to see your page long post of paraphrases! :D
#241547 by Planetguy
Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:39 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Planetguy wrote
i grow as weary of this game as you so rather than do a line by line itemized listing pointing out how each of these 50 claims IS a falsehood...anyone who is REALLY curious and willing to check out the explainations of WHY they are false may do so here. WHaaaaaaaaaaaat :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Mark, I was really hoping to see your page long post of paraphrases! :D

no need to paraphrase anything....the link explains exactly why those 50 FOX statements are false. pretty straightforward for anyone wants to check 'em out!

now that we got that out of the way.....let's hear your opinion, jeff.... do you agree w glen's assertion...

angelsshotgun wrote:
OH STOP with that bass player stuff. Everyone knows bass players can be replaced by a computer and a KORG N1.

see, i doubt glen believes that silliness....but in fact just made a false, less than honest statement w the sole intention being provocation. so, glen.... are you auditioning for a spot at FOX "news"???? :lol:
#241551 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:02 pm
TheFarleys wrote:Bass players bring the music. Without them singers and guitar players are lost. Good ones are hard to come by, and if you don't have a good one you probably suck.

I used to think they were just slow guitar players with less strings. I was a dufas!

The bass player is ALWAYS the best musician in any band I've had for the last 20 years. They have to understand how all the parts work, and then be the glue that holds them together.

The great ones make it look it easy. It's anything but....
#241552 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:08 pm
Planetguy wrote:i grow as weary of this game as you so rather than do a line by line itemized listing pointing out how each of these 50 claims IS a falsehood...anyone who is REALLY curious and willing to check out the explainations of WHY they are false may do so here.

ted, here's what i believe....

you will look at events, and from your conservative bias will form your conclusions.

i will look at events, and from my liberal bias will form my conclusions.

me, i am willing and truthful enough to admit my bias.....you, i'm not so sure about.

you're not gonna change my views w your arguments and i'm not gonna be changing your's.

c'est la vie. :)

Since you still haven't made an attempt to answer the simple challenge of finding even ONE conservative calling for violence or who supports the violence underway already, I accept this final post on the matter as:

1. an admission you can not prove the accusation you made about conservatives promoting violence, or using ridicule as their primary tool.

2. an admission that you know the lefties are promoting false narratives, but it doesn't bother you

3. an admission that you aren't really keeping up with what's going on, except the narratives you are told

4. an admission that ridiculing people is the only tactic that the lefties have. There is no fire under that smoke.

Not that I didn't know that already....just thought it would be good to make it crystal clear.

It doesn't make me think less of you at all, my friend. This is what I've come to expect from all my liberal buddies.

#241553 by Planetguy
Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:19 pm
ted, (deep sigh) you may accept things however you desire. and certainly you may choose whatever takeaway you wish. (not that you need my permission). i will of course do the same.

i am a little disappointed by your apparent need for "victory" here. if you need to walk away claiming triumph (though i see none on either side) so be it. to be clear...that's the white flag of TRUCE and not of surrender/concession.

i still regard you as a good man and friend.
#241556 by J-HALEY
Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:22 am
Planetguy wrote:ted, (deep sigh) you may accept things however you desire. and certainly you may choose whatever takeaway you wish. (not that you need my permission). i will of course do the same.

i am a little disappointed by your apparent need for "victory" here. if you need to walk away claiming triumph (though i see none on either side) so be it. to be clear...that's the white flag of TRUCE and not of surrender/concession.

i still regard you as a good man and friend.

These words come from the KING of need for "victory" interesting that you Mark reply with Pages and pages in paraphrase to every argument you "deem" worthy but just not this one? Just answer the man. Oh and I still think you are a bad ass musician and good man! Certainly one that knows which battles to choose. :D
#241558 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:54 am
I have to agree with Jeff But I'm not going to sit here submitting words that kiss your arse. You are guilty beyond just your para phrasing but also taking them out of context to strengthen most of your ridiculous liberal left wing anti American comments. I am being ridiculous because that is all I have ever seen coming out of you and obama.

Don't like it... Nobody does. I'm sorry you have been tested in different ways than many. That doesn't give you a blanket ticket to tear down the basic values of our country. All I see is a man so swept up in anti christian/judea values that all is open to tear down... Maybe you should stop for a second and think that maybe there is a GOD, and that is the reason you have survived your appearance on the hellenback show.

I don't think you or any one else is fully prepared
#241561 by Planetguy
Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:45 pm
jeff, i'm glad to see you have a new mantra and pet strategy. "paraphrasing". what is it w you conservatives and your need for cut and paste, plug and play, one size fits all modes of attack?

are you sure you don't want to accuse me of "misdirecting by changing the subject" while you're at it???? :lol:

i think perhaps you're unclear on the meaning of the word. if you're talking about pages and pages of "paraphrasing" you should call your team mates out on it. really, if threads, posts, and word count is your measure .....pls check ted's, and slacker's "paraphrasing".

yeah, like THAT's gonna ever happen! nah....that's ok. you prove once again they get a pass as long as they're expressing views you agree with. go team, go! (two sets of rules as usual)

before you go commenting on which battles i choose....get real. i spoke my mind and voiced three pages of posts on my views on this matter here. as has ted. i've said what i have to say on the subject. and now i've nothing more to add on the subject. (much like these latest posts from you and glen).

glen, congrats on a going a full week before reverting back to personal attacks! (as if anyone had any doubts that it was only just a matter of time).

and it's not surprising that you'd play fast and loose w the truth doing so.

ok, you didn't feel that way about bass players that you claimed to, but hey... what's a little dishonesty when it comes to scoring some points, eh?

you and your team mates can write that off as no more than a harmless jab (and you/they will). but if you'll be less than honest about that.......what WON'T you play fast and loose with? i'll say it again, a man is only as good as his word.

it's become a running joke around here that everytime someone presents a view you disagree with....out come the anti american accusations! this is your tried and tested strategy....wrap yourself up in the flag and accuse the other of hating america! trust me...this does NOT make you a patriot.

i'm only surprised you didn't include your other beloved pet move... "if you hate america, then leave!"

maybe you're saving that for the next round of attacks.
#241566 by J-HALEY
Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:59 pm
Mark, relax bro it's all good. The reason I say you would make a great attorney is because you obviously have a very Big "need for victory".
I like reading your paraphrase. They are especially entertaining when you say the tactics conservatives are using, (the same tactics your side uses) are bad yet somehow they are good when your side uses them. That's kind hypocritical don't you think? :D
#241569 by Planetguy
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:43 pm
jeff are you stressed out? no? good. neither am i.

i think you have things turned around my friend....

I like reading your paraphrase. They are especially entertaining when you say the tactics conservatives are using, (the same tactics your side uses) are bad yet somehow they are good when your side uses them. That's kind hypocritical don't you think?

scroll up buddy. if you've read this thread you can see it was ted who accused the left of using "tactics" of ridicule and sarcasm...and it was ME who pointed out that the right does the exact same thing!

but somehow that makes ME guilty of hypocrisy????

....really? it was ted who accused the left of doing what the right does! think about that, and tell me how that makes ME the hypocrite!!!!

now, while we're on the subject of hypocrisy....

as far as "needing to win"....when you and i go three and four pages at one another.....what does that say about YOUR need to win???? last time i checked it takes TWO to foxtrot!

how about the many epic 10 page throw downs between you and jimmy? was that MY "need to win"? or your's? and jimmy's? :wink:

jeff, folks living in glass houses should dress in the basement!

truth be told....anyone with strong convictions about what they believe in (and there are PLENTY here on BM) shouldn't back down from their convictions. so.....i take your comments on my "need to win" as a compliment and sign of respect, even if that's not how you intended it.

and in turn, i compliment you and respect your need to win :)

and of course, as i've said before.....i also respect that you've never stooped to dishonesty to win an argument or make a point. :wink:
#241621 by J-HALEY
Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:22 am
angelsshotgun wrote:I have to agree with Jeff But I'm not going to sit here submitting words that kiss your arse. You are guilty beyond just your para phrasing but also taking them out of context to strengthen most of your ridiculous liberal left wing anti American comments. I am being ridiculous because that is all I have ever seen coming out of you and obama.

Don't like it... Nobody does. I'm sorry you have been tested in different ways than many. That doesn't give you a blanket ticket to tear down the basic values of our country. All I see is a man so swept up in anti christian/judea values that all is open to tear down... Maybe you should stop for a second and think that maybe there is a GOD, and that is the reason you have survived your appearance on the hellenback show.

I don't think you or any one else is fully prepared

Glen, I am just trying to keep things civil. Lately I prefer making my point in as gentlemanly way as possible but that's just me. :D