This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#289267 by Mordgeld
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:08 pm
Planetguy wrote:...
Mordgeld wrote:These days, words like racist, bigot, and fascist are being used to mean "waaah, shut up, I hate you".

People don't consider trump a "racist, bigot, and fascist" BECAUSE they hate him..... they hate him BECAUSE they consider him a "racist, bigot, and fascist"....

I'm not arguing that. I'm simply saying that many people have lost a grip on what these words mean. Some examples:
[*] Muslim is not a race.
[*] Shouting down those with other opinions is the very definition of bigotry.
[*] Fascism is a authoritarian political system. Republicans don't (shouldn't) want more government or more regulations. "Because a fascist in the past did something then someone doing that now is a fascist"... is false logic. If Mussolini ate breakfast, that does not mean that eating breakfast is now fascist. Here's a handy article: https://medium.com/@Charlie_Wilson/fascism-is-a-left-wing-ideology-867602bf1154
#289276 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:32 pm
Black Muslim is not a race?

Then why do they call themselves that?

So all the black lives matter people, and the citizens of Chicago yesterday,
trying to shout to have there opinion heard are bigots?

Fascism is an authoritarian political system?
Maybe Trump should watch your link?
#289295 by Mordgeld
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:02 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Black Muslim is not a race?

Then why do they call themselves that?

So all the black lives matter people, and the citizens of Chicago yesterday,
trying to shout to have there opinion heard are bigots?

Fascism is an authoritarian political system?
Maybe Trump should watch your link?

Huh? Are you saying that all Muslims are black? Or maybe all blacks are Muslims? I don't think either is true.

If you are shouting to keep someones opinion from being heard then yes, that is bigotry. If you are shouting your opinion for others to hear (and not over someone else) then no, that is not bigotry.

Yes, Trump is welcome to follow my link where he will learn that he should be rolling back regulations, shrinking the size of government and its influence on our daily lives, enforcing the laws equitably as passed by congress rather than using executive order to reinterpret law, and turning back issues not specifically enumerated as duties of the Federal government to the states as per the 10th amendment. If he cannot try to do these things, he does not deserve to represent the conservative viewpoint. He should not be doing such things as universal health insurance, environmental activism, and arms registration which were all hallmarks of authoritarian societies (read the platforms) where the heavy hand of government regulated these activities with the effect of stifling productivity vs the free market approach. No one has a right to another citizen's labor. Yes, we are citizens, not subjects and we should hope that Trump or any future American president makes that worth something in the world.
#289303 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:11 pm
You've never heard of the Black Muslims? Louiss Farakan?

The police don't seem to be shouting back?
So who they shouting over?

Do you honestly belive that Trump will do any of that, or that the Dems or Repubs will let him.
High ideas but out of touch with reality.
#289310 by Mordgeld
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:33 pm
"Black" is an ethnicity or as some call it, a race. (Biologically speaking, it would be kind of hard to explain interbreeding if we weren't actually the same race)

"Muslim" is a religion. I think what you are referring to is "Nation of Islam". While all of its adherents are (most likely) black, it is still a religion and/or political movement.

Trump has done more things to our benefit than I ever expected. I can only hope that he leaves us in a position to continue to pursue a freer country. High-minded I may be but not out of touch with reality. Regulations and executive orders are not laws. Trump can and has been rolling them back. But that probably has nothing to do with the historic low unemployment, right? You are correct that he cannot force congress on any given issue. I think hindsight will show that while Trump is not a great person, he is not the horrible monster that he has been made out to be. Didn't we already go down this road with the whole Obama is going to set himself up as dictator/take your guns/put you in camps, etc.?
#289314 by schmedidiah
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:24 pm
Mordgeld wrote: I think hindsight will show that while Trump is not a great person, he is not the horrible monster that he has been made out to be. Didn't we already go down this road with the whole Obama is going to set himself up as dictator/take your guns/put you in camps, etc.?

+1

The last 3 presidents were accused by their opposition (preemptively) of "refusing to cede their power after the election". Get ready for more of the same.
#289375 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:36 am
Planetguy wrote:That was an interesting read. There are certainly of plenty of spot on parallel tactics pointed out that trump's regime has and continues to use. he briefly mentioned it and i think i would have made a bigger deal about him cutting the legs from under the press....from day one when when trump announced his candidacy he made it his business to go after, disarm, and discredit the press. That's what every country that's moved toward fascism does.

Mordgeld wrote:These days, words like racist, bigot, and fascist are being used to mean "waaah, shut up, I hate you".

People don't consider trump a "racist, bigot, and fascist" BECAUSE they hate him..... they hate him BECAUSE they consider him a "racist, bigot, and fascist".

Still, it is better than calling people you politically disagree with "perverts" , "molestors", and "child rapists".

say glen, it's been a few days since you've gone down that $hithole....have you come to see that BS is never appropriate? have you moved on from that, or can we expect a return to that sliminess?

Hey you still have not proved you are not a pervert, molester , or in favor of child molestation.
No... Maybe it is because you are a bigot, racist, and fascist in your support of destroying the laws of America.

I bet you want to destroy ICE and open the flood gates of child smuggling.

Let's stop name calling... Just fess up!
#289379 by schmedidiah
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:59 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:and fascist in your support of destroying the laws of America.

If one party or the other can win the presidency and enough seats in the legislature, they make the laws. That's in the damn constitution. Even you should understand that. :roll:

:lol:

The other stuff about child molestation and whatnot keeps getting more comical. :roll:

Seek help. :wink:
#289380 by Planetguy
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:16 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:Hey you still have not proved you are not a pervert, molester , or in favor of child molestation.
No... Maybe it is because you are a bigot, racist, and fascist in your support of destroying the laws of America.

And that really makes sense to you???? That I, or anyone else you disagree with must PROVE they're not a "pervert, molester , or in favor of child molestation"?

That's really some intelligent reasoning on your part. :roll:

And the fact that you find it "entertaining" and "fun" to roll that way speaks volumes about you and your lack of character.

Speaking of lack of character....

Hey, I still remember not long ago when you made up some ridiculous story bragging about getting some teacher fired because you were pissed he was sharing his "pinko commie" views w your daughter's class. You went on and on about him spreading his propaganda....and how glad you were to get him fired. The whole story sounded like just one more of your made up fabrications......

When i asked you why you felt good about taking someone's livelihood away...you were at a loss.....UNTIL you changed up your story entirely, and then tried to spin it into your next story....that he had molested your daughter!!! and THAT's why you got him fired!

I called you out for being a douchebag putting out a story (true or false) like that about your daughter on BM.......all to "win" some argument, and then next you denied ever saying it!!!!

Well, if you'd stoop THAT low.....why should anyone be surprised by your low life name calling?

Ah....good times. Good times. Now pls remember that as you like to say.....this is all just "entertainment" and "fun", right? Are you having fun NOW?

(BTW...i don't hate you!) :D
#289399 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:05 pm
Why would you support, twist, and or go out of your way to support an absolute monster. SOME ONE YOU NEVER EVEN KNEW! You really don't have all the facts at all..
In fact I showed more control than you ever have.
In fact you just showed you support perverts and child molesters.
#289407 by Planetguy
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:24 am
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:Why would you support, twist, and or go out of your way to support an absolute monster. SOME ONE YOU NEVER EVEN KNEW! You really don't have all the facts at all..
In fact I showed more control than you ever have.
In fact you just showed you support perverts and child molesters.

and what did you show? that you're willing to make up stories about getting people fired for their views.....and that you're then willing to change course midstream to justify that made up story by then spinning it to alledging he molested your daughter????

yeah....DAMN STRAIGHT I don't have all the facts.....just the BS you toss off. who's the monster here????

no worries though....it's all just fun and entertainment! (and remember...i don't hate you.)
#289415 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:19 pm
Glen, we're buddies, right? I have to tell you just like I'd say to Mark about "collusion".

Either come up with some proof of child molesting on his part, or stop making false accusations. It's just not right, and it diminishes everything else you say. I think we all understand the point you're trying to make, by conflating his political views as allowing for child abuse, but it isn't actually working.

Would you please drop that line of conversation so we can have more reasonable disagreements here?

#289434 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:16 pm
A bunch of water has passed under the bridge.
I could have failed and just blown the MOFUS ass away. I DID NOT!.
If you want absolute proof come and talk to my daughter.
I'm not going to defend myself against anyone that draws out distortions and turns them into a GOTTCHA moment.

Let mark come and rehash a horrible moment in my daughters little life. I would welcome it...
She would probably be very nasty about it.
I'm being civil when I phrase it that way...

Go dig up school records. Go talk to some of the other parents that had problems with this fuucccking guidance counselor.

Yod... You just let a huge asshole lead you by the nose. Sorry man. Love and respect.
#289437 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:37 pm
Mark you pervert... Strikes me that you take extreme delight in thinking about some child suffering.

You have the lack of intelligence to attempt to do that.
Very sad.