This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#288069 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:35 am
schmedidiah wrote: i'll say it again...

I've voted for sheriff Joe two more times than you.

and I gladly voted against him two more times. now we have a sheriff who actually does his job

not this extracurricular birther crap. not set up police checkpoints within the PHX metro area and harass brown people for their "papers". you want a sheriff like that in Dallas, Ft Worh, Asheville, wherever, vote for them there. don't tell me how great it is from where you are.

I stand corrected and apologize for not knowing that.

here's a list of fact checked charges. 3rd down is how his dept didn't investigate child sex crimes. your buddy Glenn should know about that, since he accused four of us of being "child rapists" and you laughed it off. :roll:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joe-arpaio-misdeeds/

First of all I didn't laugh it off, nor found any of the acrimony funny. Wasn't involved at all, except seeing some of the fur-flinging from a distance when I visit.

you say I support Obama because I question Trump, false. I voted against Obama twice which is two more times than most birthers. You say I support investigations against Trump, false. I don't support the investigations, but make one thing clear. he invited them with the lousy people he surrounded himself with (both family and non-family) and they will bring him down. he can't "drain the swamp" (a Nancy Pelosi slogan :roll: ) if he brings his own swamp with him to Washington.

Ya know, I thought that was what you'd told me before.

But I'm finding that those defiled by the Deep State (why don't they just call the ObamaNation?) believe any bad thing about Trump and disbelieve any good thing about him before they even think about considering any evidence. Honestly that wouldn't bother me if they weren't the same people that didn't care when Obama and The Clintons were selling us out. It's just so much hypocrisy.

Sorry to confuse you with them. Now I can see that you have principle, but just like tweaking Glenn.
#288070 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:16 am
schmedidiah wrote:I'm glad we're all laughing. Haley, I have a serious question and try not to take offense (but go ahead anyway). Are you a blackout drunk? Do you remember anything from one day to the next? Just curious. Doesn't seem like it. And I remember your former signature about drinking all day and starting in the morning.

You are just cruel.
You don't remember anything from yesterday.

Before you try to appoint yourself a god.
You go listen to his musical talent on guitar... Talking about HALEY.
Then go listen to yours.
Then come back here and say "mine is better"

THEN WE CAN ALL HAVE A REALLY GOOD PITY PARTY FOR YOU!
#288084 by schmedidiah
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:00 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:I'm glad we're all laughing. Haley, I have a serious question and try not to take offense (but go ahead anyway). Are you a blackout drunk? Do you remember anything from one day to the next? Just curious. Doesn't seem like it. And I remember your former signature about drinking all day and starting in the morning.

You are just cruel.

Then go listen to yours.

is that what really matters, bitch? whose wiener is bigger? :roll:
#288085 by schmedidiah
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:04 pm
yod wrote:
schmedidiah wrote: i'll say it again...

I've voted for sheriff Joe two more times than you.

and I gladly voted against him two more times. now we have a sheriff who actually does his job

not this extracurricular birther crap. not set up police checkpoints within the PHX metro area and harass brown people for their "papers". you want a sheriff like that in Dallas, Ft Worh, Asheville, wherever, vote for them there. don't tell me how great it is from where you are.

I stand corrected and apologize for not knowing that.

here's a list of fact checked charges. 3rd down is how his dept didn't investigate child sex crimes. your buddy Glenn should know about that, since he accused four of us of being "child rapists" and you laughed it off. :roll:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joe-arpaio-misdeeds/

First of all I didn't laugh it off, nor found any of the acrimony funny. Wasn't involved at all, except seeing some of the fur-flinging from a distance when I visit.

you say I support Obama because I question Trump, false. I voted against Obama twice which is two more times than most birthers. You say I support investigations against Trump, false. I don't support the investigations, but make one thing clear. he invited them with the lousy people he surrounded himself with (both family and non-family) and they will bring him down. he can't "drain the swamp" (a Nancy Pelosi slogan :roll: ) if he brings his own swamp with him to Washington.

Ya know, I thought that was what you'd told me before.

But I'm finding that those defiled by the Deep State (why don't they just call the ObamaNation?) believe any bad thing about Trump and disbelieve any good thing about him before they even think about considering any evidence. Honestly that wouldn't bother me if they weren't the same people that didn't care when Obama and The Clintons were selling us out. It's just so much hypocrisy.

Sorry to confuse you with them. Now I can see that you have principle, but just like tweaking Glenn.

thank you. that's all i'm looking for on this forum. if we're not going to be able to sustain any serious music discussion for more than a day at a time, then the folks who make everything about politics here should be able to man up, scoot over on the bench and welcome other opinions. welcoming other opinions is not agreement. it's just the adult thing to do. I understand if that's simply beyond your friend Glennny's capabilities.
#288094 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:13 pm
I should think that folks who wish to argue in an unseemly fashion about the machinations of those scoundrels who infest Washington might find Facebook a better playing field than a musician's forum or any other for that matter.

I'm stuck with the bloody place since I use it to keep up with the soldiers, musicians and friends of my past, and to remind unwitting readers of the availability of my books. Yet even the writer's forums are festering with political innuendo and shout outs for various and nefarious schemes some think to be the cure at last, to all that's wrong with the body politic.

I wonder at times, why, if the democrats or republicans who have reached these brilliant conclusions, never implemented them when they had the opportunity? Sadly, the only unity they can seem to find with each other is in war. Both sides seem always to agree, that slaughtering human beings in far away places somehow vouchsafes our freedom, such as it is.

It's like wondering through a fetid, mephitic swamp where the dead shout "Hold, enough"at the living, but are cursed to constantly hear them championing their various causes, while suggesting snidely that their opponents may be engaged in activities best not mentioned in the drawing rooms of the virtuous.

But what the heck eh? Name calling is no problem. Posters drop fiery "F"bombs like it is Dresden revisited every day. Vulgarity has spread to all the various and imagined genders, sparing us any further need to use archaic terms like "ladies" and "gentlemen."

I fear that numerous of these champions of politics die daily at their desks or gaping expectantly at their cell phones. Then gasping for breath in a final exercise in futility, hoping to excrete just another few seconds of vilification upon their perceived enemies before expiring. They embrace death with the certain knowledge that vehemence always trumps reason, expecting somehow to ascend to a heaven where only their beliefs exist and they are justified at last. And then what?

Talbot
#288102 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:05 am
schmedidiah wrote:
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:

You are just cruel.

Then go listen to yours.

is that what really matters, bitch? whose wiener is bigger? :roll:

You are that stupid you missed the point completely.
If you just want to talk music, post under general music chat!
If you just want to insult great musicians and spout hatred...

Have fun dude! It is far to easy helping YOU, make yourself look like an ASSSHOOOLLEE.
#288109 by schmedidiah
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:35 am
I stick around because you hate me. And I'll go away when you can apologize to me, man up and stop having a victory parade every time you think you've run us off (I can show you the thread (s) where you did exactly that). So why am I here? Because you act in a way that keeps me here.

And settle down. I've seen video of Haley playing guitar. He's pretty good....at cover songs. No need to degrade him in that department. You on the other hand, along with sad Strat and Vamp have all insulted my music. Once again, I'll tell you I'm not going for the grumpy old man demographic. You guys all listen to and play music from 40 - 70 years ago. You're in the rear view mirror, heading to your graves. :lol:
#288110 by DainNobody
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:45 am
schmed.. your music ain't bad..don't let them get to you..
#288111 by DainNobody
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:48 am
#288112 by schmedidiah
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 am
I hear you Talbot. It's a nice idea, in theory. But I'm not doing it alone.
#288122 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:13 am
MikeTalbot wrote:I should think that folks who wish to argue in an unseemly fashion about the machinations of those scoundrels who infest Washington might find Facebook a better playing field than a musician's forum or any other for that matter.

I'm stuck with the bloody place since I use it to keep up with the soldiers, musicians and friends of my past, and to remind unwitting readers of the availability of my books. Yet even the writer's forums are festering with political innuendo and shout outs for various and nefarious schemes some think to be the cure at last, to all that's wrong with the body politic.

I wonder at times, why, if the democrats or republicans who have reached these brilliant conclusions, never implemented them when they had the opportunity? Sadly, the only unity they can seem to find with each other is in war. Both sides seem always to agree, that slaughtering human beings in far away places somehow vouchsafes our freedom, such as it is.

It's like wondering through a fetid, mephitic swamp where the dead shout "Hold, enough"at the living, but are cursed to constantly hear them championing their various causes, while suggesting snidely that their opponents may be engaged in activities best not mentioned in the drawing rooms of the virtuous.

But what the heck eh? Name calling is no problem. Posters drop fiery "F"bombs like it is Dresden revisited every day. Vulgarity has spread to all the various and imagined genders, sparing us any further need to use archaic terms like "ladies" and "gentlemen."

I fear that numerous of these champions of politics die daily at their desks or gaping expectantly at their cell phones. Then gasping for breath in a final exercise in futility, hoping to excrete just another few seconds of vilification upon their perceived enemies before expiring. They embrace death with the certain knowledge that vehemence always trumps reason, expecting somehow to ascend to a heaven where only their beliefs exist and they are justified at last. And then what?

Talbot

Bravo, sir! Magnificent

:!:
#288126 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:07 am
schmedidiah wrote:I stick around because you hate me. And I'll go away when you can apologize to me, man up and stop having a victory parade every time you think you've run us off (I can show you the thread (s) where you did exactly that). So why am I here? Because you act in a way that keeps me here.

And settle down. I've seen video of Haley playing guitar. He's pretty good....at cover songs. No need to degrade him in that department. You on the other hand, along with sad Strat and Vamp have all insulted my music. Once again, I'll tell you I'm not going for the grumpy old man demographic. You guys all listen to and play music from 40 - 70 years ago. You're in the rear view mirror, heading to your graves. :lol:

I apologized once. All you did was come back like a rabid dog.
GFY! You have 0, nada, zip , talent. GFY!

On top of that you seem to love putting your hand back into the fire. You and a few others are totally...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Keep waiting for it...

See? You fell for it and kept reading. You are not worth insulting.
#288129 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:19 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote: You are not worth insulting.

Yet you have continued to do so ... interesting .....
#288134 by schmedidiah
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:23 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote: You are not worth insulting.

Yet you have continued to do so ... interesting .....

I think he pulled that last brain muscle on that one Mike. he might be out all weekend trying to recover. :roll:
#288135 by schmedidiah
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:25 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
I apologized once. All you did was come back like a rabid dog.

I have no recollection of said apology. what did it consist of, telling me my music sucks, I can't tune a guitar or that I rape children? would be interesting if you could narrow it down for me. :lol: :lol: :lol: