This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#286635 by J-HALEY
Tue May 22, 2018 2:55 pm
I have a great respect for Marks musical abilities and knowledge. I have absolutely ZERO respect for his political arguments. They are tainted with false narratives, fudged numbers and facts, and he will do or say ANYTHING to WIN an argument. He is incapable of losing and will resorte to humiliation and above all dishonesty to win. I will not argue with him about anything. That would meet Einstein's definition of insanity. The shootings in Santa Fe have affected folks I know and me personally! Santa Fe is a small rural town and I GUARANTEE 99.9% of the folks living there DO NOT agree AT ALL with Marks political views.
#286637 by Vampier
Tue May 22, 2018 4:18 pm
My GrandFather used to say "sometimes surprisingly the "Trash" buries itself."

Let us all hope that there will be no more shootings in schools. But let us all examine the improbability of this and of eradicating such by "taking the guns" and dissolving our Freedoms. Real life is not Fantasy. If you LOVE your Family, your Land ... you will be prepared to Fight and to Die for them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NyVYaI_V6w

Live Well Die Well
#286641 by Planetguy
Tue May 22, 2018 5:25 pm
J-HALEY wrote:I have a great respect for Marks musical abilities and knowledge. I have absolutely ZERO respect for his political arguments. They are tainted with false narratives, fudged numbers and facts, and he will do or say ANYTHING to WIN an argument. He is incapable of losing and will resorte to humiliation and above all dishonesty to win. I will not argue with him about anything. That would meet Einstein's definition of insanity. The shootings in Santa Fe have affected folks I know and me personally! Santa Fe is a small rural town and I GUARANTEE 99.9% of the folks living there DO NOT agree AT ALL with Marks political views.

jeff, after all the time you and i have known each other here.....you make it clear you don't have clue one, two, or three about who the fck i am..... or wtf i'm about. and after this long, that's really disappointing.

i guess you haven't noticed, so wake up and smell the coffee..... you ARE arguing politics w me.... as you always have. if you feel humiliated by me expressing my views then that's on YOU, bro. what are you feelingf "humiliated" about here in this discussion about Santa Fe?

tell me....in this political discussion here about Santa Fe.....what exactly did i say to HUMILIATE you or anyone else? ooops. it didn't happen.

this is just like you saying i insulted your wife and when i explained that never happened (and you now know it never did...) what did you do? were you HONEST and offer an apology or even an acknowledgement that i never did or would insult your's or anyone's wife? crickets.

but yet....you don't KNOW that about me...do you???? :roll:

like i said...you have ZERO idea who i am. bummer.
#286649 by GuitarMikeB
Tue May 22, 2018 7:57 pm
yod wrote:Why is the left defaulting to "take guns away, 2nd Amendment be damned"

Once again we here the usual lame defense.
No one's coming to take your guns away. We're saying that control is needed in who buys and is allowed to use them - and the types of weapons that are for sale. If you are worried about those rules, then maybe you aren't qualified to have or use them.
#286650 by Planetguy
Tue May 22, 2018 9:40 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
yod wrote:Why is the left defaulting to "take guns away, 2nd Amendment be damned"

No one's coming to take your guns away. We're saying that control is needed in who buys and is allowed to use them - and the types of weapons that are for sale. If you are worried about those rules, then maybe you aren't qualified to have or use them.

and how dishonest is it for the right to constantly default to that very same "why do you lefties want to take ALL our guns away" defense argument.

after it's been made abundantly clear here, and everywhere.... that my intention, mike's intention, and the intentions of millions of people who believe it's worth putting some gun consumers through the terrible inconvenience of more thorough checks, might be a STEP in the right direction. (and for god's sake, no one believes that it will stop ALL future school shootings. let's not have that same silly argument. ok? )

really, i've said way more on this than i wanted. and if i've insulted anyone by sharing MY views, if you feel anything i've said was done so with intention of trying "humiliate" you...(really???) then accept my apology.

but i will say this to you jeff. i read mike's post and had NO intention of getting in on this...UNTIL i read YOUR reply. now, i'm not laying any blame....but pointing out.....you say you don't want to argue politics here (and really, NEITHER DO I) but, as much as my views offend you... don't be surprised that that works both ways. In other words, you felt compelled to state your views and attack mike's integrity but then when i answer your reply i'm "lying to win an argument"????

so, what did i lie about? that the usa has more guns and we that we also have more school shootings HERE than anywhere else?

those aren't lies,

did they "humiliate" you when you feel i "attacked" you so i could "WIN" an argument at any cost.... and no matter if that involved lying.

so....that's pretty much who you think i am right? the guy who insults other's wives, and tries to humiliate others to WIN when i'm talking about my views on a school shooting?

ok, then. and now i'm done talking about school shootings..... but of course, everyone feel free to express your views as you see fit.

but trust me, on this jeff.....i feel 1/100 the need to WIN any argument as much as you believe i do. and i certainly have no expectations of "winning" any argument on this subject. is there someone here who thinks he can? -so...i'm out.
#286659 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue May 22, 2018 11:04 pm
The stupidity abounds...
We have a person running for congress in my district . He is a blue man running on a campaign of...

Criminal background checks for anyone purchasing a firearm.
DUH!!!! WE ALREADY HAVE THAT!
He wants a ban on assault weapons.
DUH!!!! We already have that nationwide. Even police are not issued fully automatic weapons of war.
He is also running on a campaign of FREE medicare for everyone.
I hope he pays for it out of his pocket.

His name is Gerry GERSHON. Go look him up, NY.

Talk about ridiculosity... HALF OF THE POSTS UP HERE ARE JUST PURE BULLSHIIT!
Any of you liberals want to see just how many children, wives, and fathers die if you continue to DESTROY THE LAW OF THE LAND!

We don't welcome hitlers at ALL!
#286674 by schmedidiah
Wed May 23, 2018 4:28 am
You'll vote for him Glenn. Like a good Democrat, you'll even vote for him twice! :mrgreen:
#286685 by Ancient Vegan
Wed May 23, 2018 12:55 pm
They don't make the good windowpane, blotter and microdot, like they did in the 70s. Fact.
#286701 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed May 23, 2018 6:32 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:

you're an ignorant tool who isn't really paying attention if that what you THINK the leading voices screaming from the Left are saying or want. When did they stop teaching history in Boston? This has been tried many times throughout history and it ends up with authoritarian government. Is that what you want from Trump? I don't want it from the next commie the DNC sends up the pole.

You're ignorant about guns if you believe that "assault rifles" are being used, you're ignorant about propaganda if you believe there have been 20 school shootings this year. When the leftist media stops LYING about the issue, people might consider them seriously....but a liar will steal from you, and a thief will kill you. There is NO REASON WHATSOEVER to even try with such a crooked field of liars.

No, they want ALL guns taken away. This is just the camel's nose under the tent. They count on fooling people like you into supporting them. Then it's too late and you supported Goebells because the lie was so big and told so often.
#286705 by GuitarMikeB
Wed May 23, 2018 7:53 pm
yod wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:

you're an ignorant tool who isn't really paying attention if that what you THINK the leading voices screaming from the Left are saying or want. When did they stop teaching history in Boston? This has been tried many times throughout history and it ends up with authoritarian government. Is that what you want from Trump? I don't want it from the next commie the DNC sends up the pole.

You're ignorant about guns if you believe that "assault rifles" are being used, you're ignorant about propaganda if you believe there have been 20 school shootings this year. When the leftist media stops LYING about the issue, people might consider them seriously....but a liar will steal from you, and a thief will kill you. There is NO REASON WHATSOEVER to even try with such a crooked field of liars.

No, they want ALL guns taken away. This is just the camel's nose under the tent. They count on fooling people like you into supporting them. Then it's too late and you supported Goebells because the lie was so big and told so often.

HAHAHAHAHA Thanks for the great laugh before I take off for the extra long weekend, Ted. You, obviously have been as brainwashed as the others by the NRA's propaganda, byt the same repetition without facts and pure fallacies as well - blaming it on 'false media' reports. "They" are coming" "The sky is falling" - you're as bad as Vamp.

Reported on May 18:
We're only 20 weeks into 2018, and there have already been 22 school shootings where someone was hurt or killed. That averages out to more than 1 shooting a week.

The parameters CNN followed in this count are:
•A shooting that involved at least one person being shot (not including the shooter)
•A shooting that occurred on school grounds
•We included grades K through college/university level
•We included gang violence, fights and domestic violence
•We included accidental discharge of a firearm as long as the first two parameters are met

May 18: Santa Fe, Texas
At least eight people -- and as many as 10 -- were killed in a shooting at Santa Fe High School.

May 11: Palmdale, California
A 14-year-old boy went to Highland High, his former school, and began shooting a semiautomatic rifle shortly before classes were scheduled to begin, officials said. A 15-year-old boy was struck in the shoulder.

April 20: Ocala, Florida
A 17-year-old student at Forest High School was shot in the ankle shortly before students were to walk out as part of a national protest against gun violence.. The suspect was a 19-year-old former student.

April 12: Raytown, Missouri
A man was shot in the stomach in the parking lot of Raytown South Middle School during a track meet.

April 9: Gloversville, New York
A student shot another student with a BB gun in Gloversville Middle School.

March 20: Lexington Park, Maryland
An armed student shot two others at Great Mills High School before a school resource officer fired a round at the shooter. The shooter was killed. One of the students, 16-year-old girl Jaelynn Willey, was taken off life support two days later.

March 13: Seaside, California
A teacher accidentally discharged a gun during a public safety class at Seaside High School, injuring a student.

March 8: Mobile, Alabama
One person was hospitalized after a shooting at an apartment building on the campus of the University of South Alabama.

March 7: Birmingham, Alabama
One student was killed and another critically wounded after an accidental shooting during dismissal time at Huffman High School. Police wouldn't elaborate further.

March 7: Jackson, Mississippi
A student was shot inside a dormitory at Jackson State University. His injuries were not life-threatening.

March 2: Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Two people were shot to death at a dormitory on the campus of Central Michigan University. The victims were not students and police think the incident stemmed from a domestic situation.

February 27: Norfolk, Virginia
A student at Norfolk State University was shot from an adjacent dorm room while he was doing homework. He was not seriously injured.

February 27: Itta Bena, Mississippi
A person was shot in a rec center at Mississippi Valley State University. Police said the person was not a student and the injury was not life-threatening.

February 24: Savannah, Georgia
A person was shot on the campus of Savannah State University and taken to a nearby hospital where he later died. Neither the victim nor the shooter were university students, the college said.

February 14: Parkland, Florida
A 19-year-old man gunned down students and staff with a rifle at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, slaughtering at least 17 unsuspecting students and adults. The shooter, Nikolas Cruz, had been expelled from the high school over disciplinary problems, officials said.

February 9: Nashville
A high school student was shot five times in the parking lot of Pearl-Cohn High School.

February 5: Oxon Hill, Maryland
A high school student was shot in the parking lot of Oxon Hill High. The victim was treated and later released. Police arrested two teens and said they are acquaintances of the victim.

February 1: Los Angeles
A 15-year-old boy was shot in the head and a 15-year-old girl shot in the wrist at Sal Castro Middle School in Los Angeles, officials said. Two other students were grazed by bullets. A 12-year-old girl was booked for negligent discharge of a firearm in that shooting, which was considered "unintentional," Los Angeles police said.

January 31: Philadelphia
A fight led to a shooting in the parking lot of Lincoln High School, fatally wounding a 32-year-old man.

January 23: Benton, Kentucky
A 15-year-old student shot 16 people -- killing two other 15-year-olds -- at Marshall County High School, authorities said. The student faces two charges of murder and 12 counts of first degree assault.

January 22: Italy, Texas
A 15-year-old student was wounded in a shooting at a high school in Italy, Texas, authorities said. The suspect, also 15, was quickly apprehended.

January 20: Winston Salem, North Carolina
A Winston-Salem State University football player, Najee Ali Baker, was shot to death at a party on the campus of Wake Forest University.
#286706 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed May 23, 2018 9:58 pm
Does anyone want to read all the reports of death from car accidents, death from texting, death from smoking, death from knives forks and baseball bats. How about medical malpractice? How about death by airliners. Remember 9/11?
Remember Kate Steinle killed by a foreign national illegal with a gun in his illegal possession.

The reason why the 2nd amendment was written in was to protect a constitution being REFORMED by people such as yourself.
This has nothing to do with guns. It has to do with your FEAR of them or you are promoting the destruction of the CONSTITUTIONAL LAWS... OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

That makes you an anti AMERICAN sicko in my book!
#286812 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu May 24, 2018 10:31 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:HAHAHAHAHA Thanks for the great laugh

Oh you're quite welcome. I mean, if you won't be educated then I guess entertainment is all that's left?

Thanks again for proving my point. The definition CNN uses for "school shooting" is dishonest.

Why should we trust dishonest people who want to change our Constitution? That's your problem, bro. You support dishonest people. It's also dishonest to keep trying to tie this to the NRA. People notice you're willing to be dishonest.

Getting hit by a BB gun, or accidental discharge from an idiot who doesn't know how to handle a gun (while protesting guns) is hardly a school shooting, just like the weapons being used are not 'Assault rifles".

It's a mixture of lies and ignorance coming from your side on this issue and that's why no one is going to trust a leftist solution...ever.

It may not bother you to support liars and communists, but most Americans aren't stupid enough to be liberals.

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=46677?omhide=true