This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#286694 by Planetguy
Wed May 23, 2018 2:55 pm
Vampier wrote:Planet Guy ... Excellent and I will take you at your word and be as direct as I can in the future when asking you something. I confess that my reservation in doing so up to now , has been founded on my non-desire to be a source of yuck yuck or wisecracking. But If such was accompanied by sincere words and answers, I think i could find the lot palatable. Ta.

I would very much like to know how you view the Satanists in relation to your own views and not to challenge or to mock them but to simply know the. Ta

Vamp, you expressed interest as to my views on this so here ya go....

My views on satanism are more informed by my jewish upbringing than by the fact that i'm an atheist.

With judaism.... as w any religion, there is a wide range of views on what if any afterlife awaits us. But, by and large, jews do not believe in the concept of heaven and hell.

so...no hell=no satan.

as an atheist it's simply not possible to believe in the existence of the devil if you do not believe in the presence of god.

if we are to accept at face value that satan and his teachings/wishes are all about spreading "evil", unrest, suffering, and chaos... then i find it hard to accept and condone any card carrying, dues paying "satanist" signing on for all that.

on the other hand, i have zero problem w anyone who gravitates towards a theism and "faith" that lifts them and their actions to higher ground (no pun intended).

i think a large percentage of people who actually believe atheists are "Satanists" are confused by the politics of it all. as an exmpl...if someone doesn't agree w my views on abortion, and thinks that "killing a baby" is "evil"....they then comesto the conclusion that i must be a satan worshipper? say what????

just as easily, i might turn around and say that how scott pruitt has put our health and our planet in peril.... all so that big money corps might further line their greedy pockets, that is the very definition of "evil"... and that anyone who has no problem w his actions, and the trump admin that condones this.... is also 'evil' and therefore must be a "satanist".

viewing people who hold different political views in that way (as satanists) is kind of a goofy way to look at things if you ask me.

yet, such has been intimated, implied, and outright stated by you vamp, by glen, and by dane on several occasions.

hope that sheds some light on my views on "satanic worship". hope you weren't expecting anything too profound as you're likely disappointed. :wink:

Go Warriors!
#286702 by Vampier
Wed May 23, 2018 6:49 pm
Planet Guy , I thank you for taking the time to answer. I just read through it and have some questions but I must address these later today or tonight. I have to go do some carpentry for a friend. But one question ... How do you define the concept of Evil ?

Later....
#286704 by Planetguy
Wed May 23, 2018 7:03 pm
A quick off the cuff definition of "evil" would include, but not be limited to excessive greed... and esp excessive greed that comes at the detriment and peril of others.

Say, Glen isn't helping you w that carpentry work, is he? If so keep him away from any and all power tools. :wink:
#286707 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed May 23, 2018 10:05 pm
Planetguy wrote:A quick off the cuff definition of "evil" would include, but not be limited to excessive greed... and esp excessive greed that comes at the detriment and peril of others.

Say, Glen isn't helping you w that carpentry work, is he? If so keep him away from any and all power tools. :wink:

That is called a parting shot.
You are just one nasty bastard.
You just don't get it do you? Should I just call you stupid?
#286708 by Planetguy
Wed May 23, 2018 10:16 pm
you should just go away and let adults talk if you have nothing better to offer than this....your latest post that should should embarrass you.

it's as simple as this, if you haven't figured it out yet....and it appears you haven't....don't talk sh*t to others and then start pouting like a little girl and crying all boo-hoo-hoo when it comes back on you.

i gotta believe that at some point you MUST have at least the little smarts it takes to figure that out, right?
#286714 by Planetguy
Wed May 23, 2018 10:27 pm
now with the sadly predicted childishness from you out of the way.... it matters even less than usual, as i know most assuredly that i CAN expect some ADULT conversation coming along from Vamp soon.

so, what was your intent here, glen? vamp and i put down the gloves to have an adult conversation that i know neither of us wanted nor expected to get ugly. and then here you come charging in...and for what reason????? to pollute a thread that promises some serious and non challenging dialog? you can tell me....were you jealous i was gonna steal him away from you? fear not...we're not each other's type.

so, i ask you again....why come in here w that intent when you could just as easily joined the adult table and participated?

not to beat a dead horse , but damn, glen...the ball was in your court there.... to man up, and weigh in on this matter..... but look at the road you decided to travel instead. are you HAPPY now w that choice? do you feel vindicated w some kind of a "win"? and WHAT did you win? show us all the prize!

look, i'm a generous guy (as all who know me would tell you)....so, hey, here it is.....why don't you take a moment to take a mulligan and "correct course".....and... if you want to come over to sit at the adults table... there's plenty of room. pull up a chair, why doncha?
#286715 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed May 23, 2018 10:32 pm
I don't want to sit a table with you. Since people like you have no understanding and clarity of of the laws of AMERICA...

Why the FUUUUCCCK would I ever want to sit down at a table with you?

The kiddies don't even speak the gibberish you do. I'll go sit with them.
#286754 by Planetguy
Thu May 24, 2018 12:25 am
damn you, vamp! i actually had some time to blow tonight to toss this back and forth a little. you don't show and then, before you know it, i'm ambushed into a table tennis death match with your pal. now, i did feel bad and was ready to call it off since he forgot to bring his racquet...but of course he insisted on playing anyway. big surprise, right?

trust me, it wouldn't have been much of a contest HAD he brought his racquet and some semblance of game.... but it might have been less bloody. believe me when i say that i take no pleasure or measure of success by throuncing an ill equipped and poorly prepared opponent. (well, maybe SOME degree)

anyhow...looking forward to your reply and to seeing where things might go.

(glen, don't you be jealous now, ya hear? you be a big strong man, now)
#286759 by Planetguy
Thu May 24, 2018 12:33 am
Flock?

are you a sheep f*cker too, glen?

or is that just another sicko bit of candy you withdraw from your spank bank.
#286764 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu May 24, 2018 12:48 am
NO... We are not allowed sheep in my town.
They say there are to many people from Missouri up here in the summer and they are concerned with animal complaints...

I wish they were as concerned with the animal killers of MS13.
#286767 by schmedidiah
Thu May 24, 2018 1:41 am
Plot twist! Glennn is Satan! :twisted:

:lol:
#286799 by Planetguy
Thu May 24, 2018 8:40 pm
so where'd ya go vamp?

you're FRIEND came in here and took a big dump on what i bet we were both looking forward to discussing.

so, Glen pollutes this thread....then, i give him back the same (but so much better, funnier, and classier) and what's your next move?

....to call mike immature and bellyache about OTHERS "polluting threads"????

are you really saying that you're being run off from discussing this because your FRIEND polluted this thread and you've now moved on to more high brow and enlightened pursuits?

score one for Glen!!!!! well, played there, big guy. :wink: