This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#283237 by MikeTalbot
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:07 am
My friend Elmo used to tend bar at a joint up on Greenmount Avenue in Baltimore. I asked him where the heck a guy had to go to have a civilized political discussion. He told me pointblank that one could find better political discussion at the local petting zoo than on social media or some upscale ‘pub.’

His advice intrigued me so it was off to the zoo for me; figuring cuddly critters would be a relief after the internet. It was a sobering experience, nothing like my friend had assumed.

The bunnies and puppies had all become liberals and scolded me endlessly.

The cats and llamas had become conservatives and kept trying to boss me around.

There was a hamster hiding under a bush, it admitted quietly that it was a libertarian but was afraid of the liberals and conservatives, they have such sharp teeth.

I had a bottle of Absinthe under my jacket so I gave it to the hamster and then slunk away, weary of politics.

Talbot
#283240 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:30 am
Mike I hope you didn't give that poor little animal any absinthe that was loaded with the wormwood chemical of thujone.

Nothing worse than a libertarian running around stoned to bits...

Oh wait... I'm all wrong...
Nothing worse than a democrat telling you how to live FREE if you just let them tell you what to do.

Now That's Funny!!!
#283245 by schmedidiah
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:36 pm
/\ completely missed the point :roll:
#283254 by Ancient Vegan
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:13 pm
The monkeys stand for honesty
And the elephants are kindly but they're dumb
Orangutans are skeptical of changes in their cages
And the zookeeper is very fond of rum

Zebras are reactionaries, Antelopes are missionaries
Pigeons plot in secrecy, and Hamsters turn on frequently
Guess you'll have to come and see
At the zoo
:D
#283282 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:07 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:My friend Elmo used to tend bar at a joint up on Greenmount Avenue in Baltimore. I asked him where the heck a guy had to go to have a civilized political discussion. He told me pointblank that one could find better political discussion at the local petting zoo than on social media or some upscale ‘pub.’

His advice intrigued me so it was off to the zoo for me; figuring cuddly critters would be a relief after the internet. It was a sobering experience, nothing like my friend had assumed.

The bunnies and puppies had all become liberals and scolded me endlessly.

The cats and llamas had become conservatives and kept trying to boss me around.

There was a hamster hiding under a bush, it admitted quietly that it was a libertarian but was afraid of the liberals and conservatives, they have such sharp teeth.

I had a bottle of Absinthe under my jacket so I gave it to the hamster and then slunk away, weary of politics.

Talbot

Abisynth works like that? give me some of whatever it is your drinking.
#283285 by schmedidiah
Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:37 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:/\ completely missed the point :roll:

Can I copy and paste that forever? :lol:

works on all your sorry posts. holster that caps lock button, son. :mrgreen:
#283288 by Vampier
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:54 pm
Schmed ... do try to develop some kind of sense of humour ... regardless of how petite it may be.
#283292 by schmedidiah
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:05 pm
Vampier wrote:Schmed ... do try to develop some kind of sense of humour ... regardless of how petite it may be.

What happens in Mexico....is completely irrelevant to me. Just like you Vampy. Have a ____ life. :D
#283295 by Vampier
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:31 pm
Yes Schmed to you what happens anywhere outside your limited field of vision is considered to be irrelevant to you in your petite existence. What is happening in Europe, the Middle East and indeed Mexico which does have supreme implications upon your petite existence even if you deny it ... well your "worldview" is not and therefore you are not. So tell me who is irrelevant my dear boy ? As you age you will find your EGO dissipates faster than your abilities. This is not how it should be but in your case it is obvious. May your Creator have mercy upon you ... even if you "think" that He is also irrelevant. It seems that you do not have any "Christian Values" so I feel that what I have said is appropriate. I shall be most pleased to muddle along in my own irrelevant existence to you, Living Well and hopefully Dying Well.
#283300 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:49 pm
schmedidiah wrote:
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:/\ completely missed the point :roll:

Can I copy and paste that forever? :lol:

works on all your sorry posts. holster that caps lock button, son. :mrgreen:

I only had one capital in that whole sentence...
Why did you go so far out of your way to insult me... Are you the troll??????
#283389 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:44 pm
Assumed you know
Went to the bar
To see some ladies
Cat's talkin this sh*t
Dude's pushin that
Man in the back
Afraid of attack
I'm going to give
Drinking one more chance
C'mon Honkie