This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#282090 by DainNobody
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:32 am
Glen the weatherman just said the east coast was getting the Arctic Vortex blast starting next week.. you guys are brave living in New York.. if the taxes don't get ya, the winter will .. :) LOL
#282092 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:16 am
Lots of laughs Dayne. I fear NOTHING!
I fear more of making a mistake and not doing the RIGHT thing. I make very few mistakes.
I'm getting old. I'm trying to pass on the knowledge.
We are not brave. Taxes... We are very STUPID! Winter... Easy peesey Just do it my way.
That sounds arrogant... My business is built on getting people through winter without problems.
Jumpily stimple is going to happen. The point is to minimize it.

Thanks for that post Dayne. Even piggy is suffering because he is inside more than he wants to be. He is a spoiled rotten piggy. However I am not going to leave him outside in 5 degree weather. As smart as he is he doesn't understand all the places we take him out to are covered in a foot of snow. With 6 inch legs that math doesn't work.
I just put on the jazz station and let piggy deal with it.

My plan... Just deal with it. :wink:
#282093 by DainNobody
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:30 pm
Jazz is fit for pig's sensitive listening pleasure..agreed .... :)
#282099 by MikeTalbot
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:04 pm
Atlanta tempatures dropping and chance of snow tonight. Thank God. This soupy nasty humid pretense of weather we've been enduring is what my mother used to call 'pneumonia weather.' I'd rather be cold.

Talbot
#282101 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:40 pm
But an inch of snow in Atlanta, the whole area comes to a crashing halt! Our temperatures are supposed to plummet from the current 57F to single digits again by Sunday night.
#282102 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:42 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the reminder Mike.
You just made me feel a bunch better! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh well, it is what it is. Hey good luck with your new car.
#282103 by MikeTalbot
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:56 am
Come on Mike - you'll spoil it for us. 8)

Besides, the folks that sell milk and bread make a fortune on an inch of snow!

Talbot
#282119 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:32 pm
Single digit temperature again here last night. At least the warmth and rain last week washed most of the snow away.
#282142 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:29 am
WOW! I'm dealing with stupidity all over the place.
The last one was setting up a new outside tank,on Sunday, in 15 degree weather. Why? Because the landscaper did some work around the oil fill last summer. He cracked it open and 20 inches of water poured in.HE COVERED UP HIS MISTAKE INSTEAD OF BEING TRUTHFUL ABOUT IT! One little mistake in these temps has major consequences. I had a customer turn away a delivery in an empty un- attended house... Now he has thirty grand in damage because he wasn't paying attention. He ran out of oil and the house froze.

I CAN NOT OVERCOME STUPID!

Right now I am grateful it is 36 degrees and raining.
#282164 by Vampier
Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:13 pm
Take Heart Glen. "Dealing with stupid" ? you have something in common with Trump. He somehow seems to be dealing with it and I know you can. Nevertheless I understand how you feel I think. At least in part.

Let me say to all of you guys, Guitar Mike included, who are dealing with the frigid madness, I wish you well and warmth. I fear that the weather everywhere will become more and more radical ... and dangerous. This will obviously have a direct and a negative influence upon all of our lives regardless of where we may find ourselves. Contrary to what some may "think" I take no pleasure in any of the "negative" and yet very REAL statements I make in my Posts here. For me it is both Tragic and Solemn. It is a test for all of us, for our Humanity and our Goodness.

Do not let yourself become one of "The Empty People" I see ... some no longer people (human) ... only sacks of filth ... like politicians and other minions of the "NWO".
#282168 by DainNobody
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:08 pm
Glen, if I may ask of you, and you no doubt are probably positive biased towards heating oil, cause that's what you sell and also is what heats most homes back east, but what is your opinion on propane? it is what heats my home.. and the tank sits outside not in the basement.. did you know propane tank regulators will work all the way down to -44 below zero..before the gas starts to "boil" ? :)
#282176 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:54 am
-44 before the propane STOPS boiling.
Dayne I am not prejudiced about any FUEL SOURCE that keeps someone safe from the cold.
Propane tanks should never be inside, and even natural gas pipes and heating equipment should be checked once a year.
Oil... It's just going to leak on the floor. However when people don't listen to me about 50 year old tanks and suddenly start leaking... I told you sooooo.....

Every year houses BLOW UP, or worse People DIE from CO poisoning because they believe any gas heating does not need to be serviced and checked by a RESPONSIBLE and good gas person. That include propane.
I don't do gas because all gas is low voltage controls and I just have too much work to stock gas parts, and get involved in tools to do the right job and checks.

Be safe buddy!
#282177 by DainNobody
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:12 am
the morning it got down to 10 below zero my mom's heater stopped working.. she called the furnace guy and he run out and found the furnce was not getting fed any fuel, no furnace problem.. mom had to wait as the house got colder for the propane people to open for business.. they changed out the regulator and squirted something into the tanl to keep condensation from happening that caused the problem.. mom had just gotten the tank filled a couple days prior.. I think they sold her gas with water mixed in? can that happen? I know underground gasoline tanks can take on water.. I told mom I would drive in (although did not feel like it) to get her to take her out to my place to stay warm .. she said the house got down to 60 deg. before everything was working again..it was fixed before 10 AM.
#282178 by DainNobody
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:44 am
I have had propane as a heat source since moving to Missouri in 1992..and have never had a problem with a regulator ..the guy that changed out mom's regulator said he had several more service calls of the same nature that morning.. Can you get gas with water in it?.. When we export gas on ships..we liquify LP in under high pressure.. Gas coming into the house is what? 10 lbs. Pressure? It just sorta wafts in the black pipe

e.floats in..ha
#282179 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:19 am
Dayne. All these fuels have a certain amount of water vapor in them. It can cause total PROBLEMS. We just went through 20 days of SUSTAINED temps below 20 degrees. I can't start my BBQ when the temps dip into the 20s. My government has passed regulations to "PROTECT" me that cause OPD valves to freeze.
Fortunately I have the knowledge and the power to get around all this shiiit, if I just want to go out and throw a piece of cow on the the BBQ.
OMG! Then the temps drop to minus numbers, and all the unprepared people get slammed.All my customers are prepared and the problems they run into are SOOOOO minor. That's what they pay me for.40 years of experience in dealing with this shiiit.

For everyone else... If you don't want to come to my concert, then don't sit around at home complaining about boredom.
I can't save you from your stupidity. I am running in to so many stupid, desperate , asspssholes.
MY NAME IS NOT JESUS CHRIST! (get it)