This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#277591 by J-HALEY
Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:11 pm
I heard this morning that the Sun is at a solar minimum. Last time this happened the earth's temp was so low it negatively affected agriculture. I am only pointing this out because one thing you never here liberals talk about when discussing "climate change" is the fact that the Sun does affect our global temperatures. Who Knew?
http://www.auroraborealispage.net/solarmax.html
#277605 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:03 am
Good research Jeff.
This is not about climate change. That is just an excuse. This is about global control, and money by a few. This is about slavery and the theft of God's most important gift. You will need to extrapolate and think far deeper than my next word.

FREEDOM!
#277611 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:12 pm
I think you should give Mike a little more credit than that. He's only repeating what he hears constantly from the leftist media and liberal politicians.

If he would actually take the time to listen to the scientists who are being mischaracterized and misquoted for political and financial gain, he would know. But that does take time and effort, when it's just easier to repeat what "seems" to be the consensus of the left.

We don't win any converts by insulting them, as Hillary Clinton has just proven.

#277616 by J-HALEY
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:10 pm
I really was not meaning insult to Mike at all. Further I am not being facetious. I thought Mike had an interest in climate change and was offering an article for him to read with info on the topic. Perhaps a different perspective but science just the same. He hasn't responded as a result I have to believe his mind is closed on the subject?
#277617 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:03 am
J-HALEY wrote:I really was not meaning insult to Mike at all. Further I am not being facetious. I thought Mike had an interest in climate change and was offering an article for him to read with info on the topic. Perhaps a different perspective but science just the same. He hasn't responded as a result I have to believe his mind is closed on the subject?

I'm sorry if it seemed I was saying you insulted him. Didn't mean that at all, especially since you were just offering information.

Just said that in a general sense about how to deal with those who have swallowed the media/political narrative. I've got a lot of friends who are educated by NBC and think that is enough.

#277620 by J-HALEY
Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:41 am
Ted, sadly I think you just described 49% of the folks in this country.
#277623 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:24 am
J-HALEY wrote:Ted, sadly I think you just described 49% of the folks in this country.

I used to think it was that many but not anymore. I doubt more than 25% of the country believes a damn thing they say and almost all of those people are in the liberal large cities of the north and west. That dog won't hunt in most of America any more.

Liberal media has lost credibility with most Americans, or Trump could not have been elected. They continue to produce fake news only because it's making ratings money for them, but meanwhile they're trashing any appearance of integrity as they do it. The backlash will be hell to pay in the next election(s).

But please, let them go on thinking people are too stupid to see through their charade until then.
#277637 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:52 am
yod wrote:I think you should give Mike a little more credit than that. He's only repeating what he hears constantly from the leftist media and liberal politicians.

If he would actually take the time to listen to the scientists who are being mischaracterized and misquoted for political and financial gain, he would know. But that does take time and effort, when it's just easier to repeat what "seems" to be the consensus of the left.

We don't win any converts by insulting them, as Hillary Clinton has just proven.

I understand the extreme intelligence.... Behind this quote. Well done Ted!
#277640 by Planetguy
Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:34 pm
yod wrote:They continue to produce fake news only because it's making ratings money for them, but meanwhile they're trashing any appearance of integrity as they do it.

:lol: :lol: "integrity"???? :lol: :lol:

like the "integrity" trump showed w his latest wrestling tweet? or the "integrity" the bloatus daily demonstrates by actually wasting time getting into pissing contests w entertainers????

oh wait....the press shouldn't report on that because it's fake news! and they shouldn't report on all the republicans who are outraged and disapprove of trump's gaffes? let me guess....MORE "fake news".

should they not report how much time that do-nothing spends on the golf course? how little he's accomplished? how much money is wasted protecting him when he spends all his time at mar-a-lago or how much money has been pissed away on security to protect his wife in NY? or any of the other stunts that show him to be nothing more than a carney huckster w a complete and total lack of ANY "integrity" ?

whatta supreme asshole trump is. hard believe this dimwit twit is our president.

instead of preparing for his upcoming meeting w Putzin, instead of learning anything about the health care bill so he can appear less of a dunce when he attempts to articulate even the most basic things about it other than "it's terrific. It is soooo terrifically terrific! You're gonna love it!"...

....THIS is how the "leader" of the free world spends his time??? :oops: and there are actually idiots "stupid" enough to applaud this juvenile behavior! amazing.

But please, let them go on thinking people are too stupid to see through their charade until then.

well, that perfectly sums up the charade that is trump playing at being president and those "stupid" enough to still swallow the BS this dishonest, inept buffoon daily spews, and the gullibilty of those so easily suckered into believing the press is our enemy.

my, how easily you've been duped. how quickly you're ready to give up your "FREEDOM".
#277647 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:16 am
Careful, Mark.
Half the country disagrees with you.
Even when obama was president the worst I would write in total disagreement was to NOT CAPITALIZE his name.
You don't get it.
You are not just insulting the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA...

You are also insulting over half our nation.The reason you are allowed to do this... FREEDOM!
I don't wish you any harm... But you sure do seem to want to push out some hatred.

It is what it is.
#277651 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:54 pm
J-HALEY wrote:I really was not meaning insult to Mike at all. Further I am not being facetious. I thought Mike had an interest in climate change and was offering an article for him to read with info on the topic. Perhaps a different perspective but science just the same. He hasn't responded as a result I have to believe his mind is closed on the subject?

Did anyone else actually read all these articles Jeff linked?
If you did, you would have seen that none of them are denying that there is climatic change going on. The final 'paper' (note this means its a scientific theory, not proven) is mostly about solar activity, but does state:
From 1860 to 1990, the global mean annual surface temperature increased 0.55 °C [1], at the same time, the continuation of industrial produced CO2 gas in earth’s atmosphere increased from 280 to 353 ppmv, leading to the hypothesis that the warmer temperatures signify the climate system’s response to CO2 gas increasing. However, statistical analysis of climate records reveals significant inter-annual and inter-decadal variability, suggesting that the cause of the warming is more complex than the influence of increasing greenhouse gases alone.

And I agree - CO2 emissions are not the only cause of climate change.

Here's an interesting article from my alma mater:
http://www.bu.edu/bostonia/2017/forest- ... nd-silica/
#277667 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:47 pm
Planetguy wrote:
yod wrote:They continue to produce fake news only because it's making ratings money for them, but meanwhile they're trashing any appearance of integrity as they do it.

:lol: :lol: "integrity"???? :lol: :lol:

like the "integrity" trump showed w his latest wrestling tweet?.

Here's what you don't seem to understand, Mark.

Everyone who voted for him knows it's tacky. Yet we love seeing SOMEONE call the press out on their fake news (which they've gotten away with since at least Nixon) and he is successfully tweaking CNN. It's hilarious.

Obama used his power to intimidate, bully, and silence the "not liberal" press. Trump just calls the liberal press out and let's them show their true colors when they respond. They have been embarrassing themselves with ridiculous lies trying to get back at him. They fall right into it like when a boxer who gets mad and loses all discipline.

And he scored a KO with CNN last week. Yes, the wresting thing was beneath a President, but not nearly as bad as Obama's apology tour of Islamic nations. That didn't bother you so you have no credibility to complain now.

In the center and on the right we were tired of business as usual. Nice talkers have led us down the road to ruin, and allowed an enemy of America to become President twice. Most of us on the right didn't prefer Trump, yet we knew it was going to take a really tough guy to change the way things are done in D.C. and rolled the dice.

It doesn't really matter how immature his goading may get. At least he isn't a bald-faced liar like the goons on NBC, CNN, etc. And as long as the left keeps responding to it (and they will because it brings good rating $$$) we will be laughing at their phony indignation. They keep ignoring the real news because they think everything is about them. We, on the right, clearly see that Trump is playing them like a cheap violin and it is delicious.

The madder they get, the more we like it. So yes, please continue!!
Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.