This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#277498 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:07 pm
Photographic proof for the 'doubting thomas'.

June 11 - Prince William Sound, temps in the low 40s, not too bad near the glaciers

June 14 - Denali National Park - my flannel shirt was actually too warm, had to unbutton it and roll up the sleeves!

My Denali shuttle bus ticket (because you could say the pictures could have been taken at any time).

June 16 - Flat Top Mountain, long view to Anchorage, it was warm enough even at this elevation to just need a t-shirt.
#277505 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:14 pm
yod wrote:Looking good, Mike.

Didn't know you were THAT old. hahaha

My wife told me before we got married " you can grow old, just don't grow up!" Turned 61 this year.
#277513 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:57 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
yod wrote:Looking good, Mike.

Didn't know you were THAT old. hahaha

My wife told me before we got married " you can grow old, just don't grow up!" Turned 61 this year.

Sounds like a fun wife to have on a trip like that.

Hope I can make it that far. Seems so far from 57 but I guess it aint?

But I think you forged those documents and took a picture from a travel magazine JUST to fool Glenny.

:lol:
#277515 by Vampier
Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:22 am
Guitar Mike ...excellent photos ... congrats on breaking the 60 mark. Very "Canadian" with the glacier behind you. You look happy and well. I am certain Glen will believe you after you went to such lengths. I think that old adage about how the older you get , the faster time passes is absolutely true. Yod will be 60 soon enough. Age does seem to enhance one's perspective I find. At 65 I am the age my GrandFather and Father were when they passed. Both were smokers however. Live Well Die Well
#277525 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:22 am
Sorry Vamp... A couple of pictures showing a pretty woman standing in front of glacier does NOT prove global warming in any way...
Yes Mike, went out of his way to prove he went AK.
The very premise, of this discussion was not that. It was about his personal proof of global warming. He did prove his visit to AK. Kudos. I hope he a wonderful trip.

However...
That gives me no reason to surrender FREEDOM and LIBERTY to some little wanna be hitler, such as al gore...

I am not going to tolerate any anyone flying around in a big CO producing airplane and then scream I can't have a campfire because I am wrecking the planet.
If Mike cared so much about about global warming.... He would have stayed home instead of boarding a transportation instrument that spilled tons of global warming gasses that are destroying the planet.

Global warming... 50 years ago it was global cooling... It's great that Mike got to exercise his personal liberty and FREEDOM of America...But when you are tailgating, at least buy me a beer before you ride up my blowpipe. :lol:
#277529 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:27 pm
Heaven forbid that Glen actually admits he was wrong. And now he's the one purporting that man is the cause of the global warming.
#277531 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:54 pm
To be fair, a picture of you standing in Alaska doesn't prove anything about the climate except you were there on a day when it was perhaps warmer than usual. It hasn't been established what "usual" is yet.

My question has always been "then why does every planet in the solar system seem to fluctuate at nearly the same rate as earth does?"

We are reflecting changes in the surface of the Sun. I'm sure pollution has some effect on the environment but "Gaia" (The Earth goddess worshipped by environmentalism) has the ability to filter it's atmosphere and spit it out to space.
#277540 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:33 pm
yod wrote:To be fair, a picture of you standing in Alaska doesn't prove anything about the climate except you were there on a day when it was perhaps warmer than usual. It hasn't been established what "usual" is yet.

You may remember this started with Haley's post about the heat in Houston and his a/c going out. And I mentioned the unusual (for the time of the season) heat in Alaska. Then it escalated/turned a different corner with Glenny's refuting I was in Alaska.
#277543 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:16 am
AND YOU PROVED IT. I TOTALLY AGREE YOU WENT TO ALASKA.
But this has nothing to do with all the global warming stuff you interweaved in your post's.
I hope you you had a great vacation...
THAT IS ALL ABOUT FREEDOM...
#277546 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:23 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:
yod wrote:To be fair, a picture of you standing in Alaska doesn't prove anything about the climate except you were there on a day when it was perhaps warmer than usual. It hasn't been established what "usual" is yet.

You may remember this started with Haley's post about the heat in Houston and his a/c going out. And I mentioned the unusual (for the time of the season) heat in Alaska. Then it escalated/turned a different corner with Glenny's refuting I was in Alaska.

Apparently it's all about the freedom to photo-shop fake forgery photos, right? :::wink,wink::::

:lol:
#277554 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:01 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:Heaven forbid that Glen actually admits he was wrong. And now he's the one purporting that man is the cause of the global warming.

Heaven Forbid... :lol: What exactly did I purport? This is where Mark would insert a big phucking insult. I'm not going to do that and call you an assshole, liar, dumb mutha phucka, idiot, liar... BUT...

You are wrong. You are the one that took a big global warming airplane to AK.
You are wrong. You are the one that keeps talking about how bad this is.

Funny Mike. I'm the one that say's your freedom is more important than having a few running around screaming "the sky is falling".

Sorry Mike. I believe very strongly...

NO MAN has the right to violate another MANS RIGHT TO A LIFE OF FREEDOM AND LIBERTY.
That is the point you keep missing, OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Sorry Mike. That's the part I don't get.
#277555 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:18 pm
Since you memory (and lack of ability to go back and look at posts) seems to have failed you:

My original post:
GuitarMikeB wrote:Dang, it was in the 80s in Alaska last week! But there's no 'climate change', right? :lol:

That was ALL I wrote. In your mind, you change this to one long diatribe about WTF knows what!
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:Actually, my son is in Alaska. No Place in Alaska neared 80 degree temps. I just talked to him. He has no reason to LIE.
Mid 60s high temps. Sun shines all day and night. Very pleasant.
You listening to the AL GORE channel again Mike. :lol:
If you really want green energy.... I'm all for it... Let's put NASA back together... Again.
The president you supported dis-banded them because they were too expensive. We ended up paying Russia to send up our people to the space station.
That's not my point.
I want everyone to have a little green box in their house, that can supply unlimited energy. Impossible huh?
NO... We have to return to the ideals of a brave new frontier. When I was a boy. We need that major think tank to come up with solutions . We don't need politicians taxing the piss out of what is here and now. We need real solutions, even if those solutions are a hundred years in the future.
Mike, I don't even know why you posted that. Your deal... Not mine.
It didn't hit 80 degrees in Alaska. It is summer and very soon it could. (for a few minutes).

And then basically call me a liar:
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:Me too. I believe he is not a bad guy... BUT!
Mike You were not in AK last week. Why are you B.S. ing us. Temps were not in the 80s and that has nothing to do with the whole BULLSHIT OF GLOBAL WARMING ANYWAY. BESIDES.... My son is stationed up there, and we talk all the time.
This thread was about Jeff getting hurt. I really don't give a phuck about global warming compared to Mr Haley getting injured.
Show me your airline tickets... SHOW ME.

And continue to accuse, rather than admit you were wrong:
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:Just can't avoid pointing out when you are completely wrong.
You went to AK had some high temps and now you are global climate warming expert.
Phucking liberals... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
#277564 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:02 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:AND YOU PROVED IT. I TOTALLY AGREE YOU WENT TO ALASKA.
But this has nothing to do with all the global warming stuff you interweaved in your post's.
I hope you you had a great vacation...
THAT IS ALL ABOUT FREEDOM...

I guess you only read what fits into your view.

YOU PHUCKING CENSORED ME AS A BAND MIX MODERATOR...

You say you didn't. YOU DID!! YOU KNOW YOU DID.

Now you come back with this liberal global warming craap and you still keep coming after me. I was being nice ... You are being insidious.
THAT'S WHY WE HAVE GUNS. WELCOME TO AMERICA.

You just don't get it........
#277567 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:49 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:I guess you only read what fits into your view.

YOU PHUCKING CENSORED ME AS A BAND MIX MODERATOR...

You say you didn't. YOU DID!! YOU KNOW YOU DID.

Now you come back with this liberal global warming craap and you still keep coming after me. I was being nice ... You are being insidious.
THAT'S WHY WE HAVE GUNS. WELCOME TO AMERICA.

You just don't get it........

Once again, you bring a total fallacious accusation into it - which no one else here believes, either.
And you still refuse to say 'I was wrong'. Or read enough to see I mentioned 'global warming' exactly one time, one short post - yet your posts about riding an airplane, contributing to .... show you to be so completely hypocritical you can't even see what an a$$ you make of yourself every time you reply to my posts.