This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276127 by mike1095736
Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:21 pm
Just venting. I am really tired of contacting other members and not receiving the courtesy of a reply. If you aren't interested in getting together, that's ok. Just let me know. I am looking for musicians to add to our group. If you are on this site, I assume you are looking to perform with others. So, please.. respond!
#276129 by Badstrat
Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:50 pm
This is indeed a job for the Mikenator.
#276131 by Vampier
Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:15 pm
If you do not have a "Premiere Membership" then you will be told to get one and that will be the excuse given. But how can one or two persons speak with such authority and give a reason which blanket covers loads of other persons upon this site ... they can not. The reasons they try however are obvious and you must not blame them ... they are only following orders ... wait I mean only doing their job.

The real reason you are getting no responses I feel is not due to anything except that Humanity is in the last stages of becoming "Fallen" and therefore unless you are offering loads of money or virgins then none of the fallen have any interest whatsoever. Do not be discouraged but at the same moment do not expect anything from this site . That way if something does happen it will be a pleasant surprise and if not then it will not matter.

This Site is not the only thing so affected ... it is rampant and everywhere now. Good Luck
#276132 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:19 pm
Mike you have No music up on your profile. That makes it very difficult... To decide if it is even worth a reach out.
#276143 by Vampier
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:51 am
Yes ... Glen is correct ... music does help. When people go shopping they like to touch and squeeze the vegetables.
#276144 by schmedidiah
Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:54 am
they're telling you something about themselves by not replying. thank them and move on. not worth your time.
#276151 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:32 pm
What ^^everybody^^ said (well, except for vamp).

Get some music on your profile, videos too. Or when you contact people, send them the links to some. Your profile says you're 70? Have to tell you that the older you are, the less chance you have of finding compatible people online.

When browsing the profiles, make note of the 'last active' date. If it's more than 30 days, don't bother with them. Many people have set their options to NOT get email notifications when someone sends them a PM.
#276155 by Vampier
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:18 pm
Guitar Mike I agree with your advice and what Glen stated about the music being posted. But i really do feel that now because of the general state of people ... Humanity, what Schmed says is spot on. When one is trying to get in contact with others and is not savy as you are to the best methods which have been tried and true then it is frustrating and even some self doubt may occur. He said clearly he was just venting as we all do from time to time and seems to not be devastated and most probably just put it out there to see what some of us felt like about that subject. BandMix is a great website compared to most out there and it can not be responsible for any shortcomings regarding those using it. You always say much the same because it is True and good advice but many know that the lack of response is not due to BM but the actual members and people on it. Because they are all musos and artists well that is quite a conglomeration of Humanity right there. I know I am possibly too critical and unjust at times but I do admire your fairness and persistence Guitar Mike in the face of the adversities you constantly encounter. I apologize for those times I was unjust and yes I do know they exist. you are a good person and caring perhaps in ways many of the rest of us fail in. Bandmix is unique because of those like you and of course all the rest of the musical Zoo ... none of which I believe are really horrible people. I will miss BM when it gets censored because of what it is ... a free exchange of ideas, opinions, music, advice and beliefs with the accompanying discussions, arguments and resulting Friendships. It is American and I Love it for it's Freedom and openess.
#276220 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 01, 2017 1:14 pm
Any 'censorship' at Bandmix is and (will be) only because of things that are against the owners' TOC.

Although the OP was just 'venting', explanations/solutions can't hurt. I got two band gigs through BM - several years ago. I just joined a band that I found through a Craigslist ad. I have set my 'conditions' on these that the people must have some kind of online music that I can listen to/view so I can pre-audition (and so not waste my time on non-compatible people), but once again I gave the others a chance, as the description seemed what I was looking for, and this time the audition was right in my town. Surprise! It actually seems to be something viable. We had our first real practice this past Saturday are we're hoping to be ready to gig by the end of the summer, if not sooner.
So you can't get disheartened (easy to do), but just keep doing what you've got to do, and make yourself visible - online, at other's gigs, open mics/jams.
Last edited by GuitarMikeB on Mon May 01, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#276224 by Vampier
Mon May 01, 2017 5:34 pm
I wish you the very best of success with your new project/band Guitar Mike.