This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#241297 by DainNobody
Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:36 pm
In at least 18 states, undocumented students have the opportunity to pay the in-state tuition rate for public colleges and universities, and in four states, these students are able to access state-funded financial aid for higher education.
This is not enough. Undocumented students still face enormous barriers to entering and completing higher education. Nine states still have laws that restrict access to higher education for undocumented students, and Texas is close to repealing its state-level version of the DREAM Act this year. In addition to facing roadblocks at the state level, undocumented students cannot qualify for any federal financial aid for higher education—including Pell Grants, federal loans, and the Federal Work-Study Program. These programs allow millions of students across the country to afford the high and rising cost of tuition. The patchwork of different federal, state, local, and university-specific policies coincides with inadequate information from high schools and postsecondary institutions, high levels of poverty, a fear of sharing immigration status, unanticipated cost increases for higher education, and the need to work to pay tuition—all of which create a situation where hundreds of thousands of undocumented students are left without a clear pathway forward.
A concerted effort by the federal government, states, higher-education advocacy organizations, and individual colleges and universities must push forward and make sure that all students have access to a high-quality and affordable education, regardless of their immigration status.
To learn more about the barriers that undocumented students face in trying to access higher education and how to remove them, read the Center for American Progress report “Removing Barriers to Higher Education for Undocumented Students.”
#241301 by J-HALEY
Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:56 pm
Here's an idea, how about they go back to wherever they came from and enter the United States legally, that would be fair to them and us! I should NOT have to foot the bill for their college education too! I am all for higher education. I am NOT for giving the entire WORLD free crap and leveraging MY kids and grandkids future to do it. Besides, while everyone cries and whimpers about how hard it is for these ILLEGAL ALIENS, what about those immigrants that enter the U.S. LEGALLY it sure isn't easy for them either.
I for one am SICK AND TIRED of coddling a bunch of BITCHY foreigners that come here refusing to assimilate all while thumbing their noses at our law! :x
#241304 by Badstrat
Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:15 pm
What Jeff said. :(

Who is giving all these breaks to the Americans that are paying for them? No one. We taxpayers only get to foot the bill while our children suffer for it.