This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#241157 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:13 pm
angelsshotgun wrote:Why have we pursued an energy policy that holds every American hostage to the whole middle east region?

The oil age began in my town, Beaumont TX, with Spindletop in 1901 and that is where the strategic reserves are stored today. The Golden Triangle area is where the last "gold rush" in America happened, as entrepreneurs moved in to make a fortune in black gold, Texas tea. (que banjo to play "Beverly Hillbillys)

But the oil business dried up in Texas during the late 70s. Many locals were laid off and the supposed reason was that Saudi has "sweet" oil that doesn't take much refining....and lots of it.

After Katrina, gas went up to $3 a gallon and the Texas oil business started up again. We were producing more than anywhere else in the world, including the Saudis, and that is why they got into a price war recently and started flooding the markets to make us stop again.

I always thought that our strategy was to use the rest of the world's oil during the Cold War, and save ours. I could be wrong...just a guess.

But the State Department is who you should ask.
#241162 by schmedidiah
Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:26 am
The State Department? They have some of the most professional spokespersons ever! :lol: