This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#71065 by Starfish Scott
Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:25 pm
Open the floodgates..

#71068 by RGMixProject
Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:38 pm
Capt. Scott wrote:Open the floodgates..

I agree with the Capt on this one. The music and recording are top notch however, 100RPM from start to finish with a slight melody and a little doodling get old after about 1 min. If you took your style and gave it the Joe Walsh "Life been good so far" concept, then ya got some really cool stuff.

#128414 by rich lovett
Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:33 pm
Needs more change and the needed inconsistency's

#129678 by Brad Sayre
Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:09 pm
You have something good happening. It's not that important to be a "great" lead player. It more important to be a good musician / writer and you seem to be a natural. So just play to your strengths. (Playing poker, you never show your hand.... so when playing lead... play to your strengths. Play with fire and attitude, be melodic... and make every note a crusade. No fluff... you can do this).

Your rhythm guitar work seems really solid. If your the one writing all of this... then your on your way. Find a good vocalist. The recording are fine for demo work (for now). The tempo's are fine for "these" songs. Once you are actually putting together a show or a CD, I believe you'll instinctively introduce different tempo's. (Putting together a live performance or a CD is like writing a song). You'll want your audience to participate in your journey.... I think you'll know when it is feeling flat. (You will also be working with more material and you'll be able to choose "where you want to take your audience"). Your profile page is nothing more then a snap shot. It just happens that all 4 songs are around the same tempo. I have a feeling you have a lot more material.

Hope this helps.

"Horseshoes and Hand Grenades" just needs vocals.... sounds like a Green Day hit. Hook is there with the chord structure. It's all there.

"Prenatal Advisory" is the same. I like what your doing with the chords. The song has a good structure. Everything will change when you add vocals. The GTR lead type chorus hook is killer.

"Garden Bastard". 86 the buzzy lead (keep the attitude). Add vocals
You always seem to have good verse and chorus structure in your songs... this seems the weakest of the songs on your profile page. But doable with a good singer because arrangements always end up changing when vocals are added into the fray.

"Ignition" has it all going on. Choose the best lead line and repeat. The hook is all through what your doing. Just pick the most melodic and memorable lines that stick in your head. (In other words.... back off playing so much lead. Add vocals)

These are just suggestions. It's your music, your success or failure. Be true to yourself.

Best of luck.