This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#272914 by VedderMan
Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:32 pm
Hi! My name is Dave Skull (real name!). I live in Adelaide, South Australia and for the past 23 years (on and off) I have sung in a Pearl Jam Tribute Band. Had many other projects, but this is the thing that has fed and clothed my kids, bought me cars and houses! Tribute bands often suck. This tribute band doesn't. We regularly fill rooms of 600+ charging $40 a head. Hard core PJ fans freaking LOVE us.
I want to come to Canada to form another PJ band with top level musicians who can listen to the recorded tracks and recreate them EXACTLY (feel, note, tone etc). Australia has a limited population and is freaking HUGE so we have hit the limit of our earning potential here. Over 25 years in this and a dozen other bands I have done over 2,000 live shows. I was recently inducted in to the SA Music Hall of Fame. Just saying this so you know that I am what I say - a bloody good singer. I just happen to sound a shitload like Eddie Vedder!!
So, dipping my toe in the Canadian water. Anyone interested?
http://www.facebook.com/evenflowoz
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A5Gr ... cXKbYFWbww
#272920 by Planetguy
Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:29 pm
too-ooo-ooo mu-uch-a geeeeee-AHHHH-go-rah free-eee-eee-eee be-twee-eee-eeen Ca-na - da-ah-ah-ah and my-eye-eye-eye-ah neck of the woo-ooo-ooods!

goo-oood luh-ah-ahk wi-ith the prah-ah-ah- ject! 8)
#273210 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:43 pm
Canada's big with a small population, too! And their cost of living is high. And winters are cold and snowy. There's reasons so many Canadians moved to the USA (before Trump, that is)! (MY family did over 50 years ago)
#276486 by Wes_634-5789
Thu May 11, 2017 12:33 pm
Don't mind the strange-talker, he's an American. ;)

If you're coming to Canada, my suggestion is to set up shop near Toronto. That gets you access to the largest market in the country and most of the best players. You can fly into any other major market from there for about 300 bucks a head each way. Or drive, it's only 20 hours to drive from Toronto to Halifax and 49 hours to drive to Vancouver (42 if you cut through the 'states, which I wouldn't unless you happen to be a US citizen).