This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#253960 by rustneversleeps
Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:02 am
For a variety of reasons, I have not been 'plugged into' the live music scene in Southern Ontario for quite a while. Based on your experience or what you've been told, is there still a demand or interest in the bar/club scene for garage/psychedelic/retro bands?

I'm not talking about dreamy shoegazer material, but the more upbeat/danceable stuff, ie. The Sonics, The Woggles, The Chesterfield Kings, and other stuff you'd hear on "Little Steven's Underground Garage".

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
#253974 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:26 pm
I've heard that in the Toronto area bars and clubs are paying ZILCH these days - whatever you can collect at the door, if you're lucky.
#257752 by dorothywinegard
Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:21 pm
I think live music in bars will always be in demand. The point is to choose the place correctly for your style. And according to my term paper on Music history from paper writing service, you should play what you love and what you can do best. It doesn't matter if this style is still popular or was last listened 20 years ago. Besides, your preferences might also change in few years.
#257754 by schmedidiah
Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:28 pm
For reals? Term paper writing service? :roll: