This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#239060 by schmedidiah
Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:04 am
I have been into Duran Duran and Van Halen for over 30 years, since I was about 8 or 9.
I went to see "Van Hagar" on their 2nd and 3rd tours. Too bad I missed the real VH in their prime.
I got back into D2 in the 90's, and saw them 3 times. They still bring it. Amazing show.
Missing Persons, I heard a 4 song ep, I think it was their debut? Not sure. I really liked it, need to check out more. As for

Ratt, not so much. Round And Round is one of the best songs of that era, other songs I've heard, not really feeling it. I do appreciate that they were originally named "Ricky Ratt". That's hilarious!
#239067 by Duran Van Halen
Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:55 pm
It was actually Mickey Ratt. Yes, that's the MP EP. First 2 albums are great too - essential as far as that sound goes actually.

Van Halen and Duran Duran have stayed with me too, though the latter I grew to dislike recent events and albums. They're supposed to have another album out this year. I saw VH in 2012, atleast they brought back alot of great album tracks.

It gets depressing when I think of the disconnect between that period and the here and now ... bring back the 80s and 70s glam I say.