This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#11005 by RhythmMan
Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:55 pm
Irminsul,
Now. that's funny. :)

#11067 by AngelaD
Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:52 pm
I'm a singer, well ... yes yes I AM a singer lol. i have recordings up here, not sure if anybody'll listen to them but they are there lol. there's a free site you can register for in case the computer crashes and then you can get all your stuff back if you lose it. www.esnips.com i have all of my recordings backed up there in a folder, and i put the link to the folder in my influences thingy so if anybody wants to hear anything besides what's here they can go there and look. I just figured if someone wanted this bad enough they'd FIND away to be heard. just my $.02 .

#11571 by eadg_4_life
Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:03 pm
Good point. Will post something soon

#11583 by Irminsul
Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:38 pm
AngelaD wrote:I'm a singer, well ... I just figured if someone wanted this bad enough they'd FIND away to be heard. .


Couldn't have said it better myself, so I won't.

#16468 by TheDeepEnd1
Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:46 pm
Just got reactivated over the last five years and my situation now warrants having to put some audio up.
There is no excuse for me not having a sound byte or two to give prospective bandmates or whomever a heads up on.
Coming back to the scene has seen me re-incarnate into a bassist and that in itself is a challenge to "show off my stuff".
As it was mentionned previously, show off your gear....different basses = different sound. Tube amps, solid state or hybrids. Acoustic or electric. I am buying an elctric upright bass in January 2008 which will increase the colours that I can paint with so to speak!

Personnally, I will record a solo piece that lends itself to a one instrument performance for the moment. I strive to highlight rythm, meter and melodic playing more than what I am playing. Technic is fundamental.

#16469 by TheDeepEnd1
Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:49 pm
I will obviously have to learn how to spell first LOL

#16482 by Irminsul
Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:51 pm
I think we all got what you meant.

#16685 by Shima
Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:49 pm
I am approving what you are saying...this is rigth people should eventualy put at least performance.... but some cant for specific good reason(I have mine but I dont think you really want to know) but yeah people should put it as ASAP!

only think I wanted to say about 2 points I just read....

1st: like some said...that doesnt mean the guys didnt put song dont are serious! you have some dont are serious and dont have song that rigth...but sorry you have some dont are serious and having song! this is all about the way the band/person thinking...you cant judge this only by this critary....

also

second point: the way people writting telling you how serious they are...
I am really serious but I got one problem...my main langage is french...that meaning I am not serious? I want to understand your point....

#16697 by Irminsul
Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:06 am
Shima wrote:1st: like some said...that doesnt mean the guys didnt put song dont are serious! you have some dont are serious and dont have song that rigth...but sorry you have some dont are serious and having song! this is all about the way the band/person thinking...you cant judge this only by this critary......


Here's the problem with that scenario.

Let's say I go in to a job interview for a graphic artist position. I have no portfolio, but I can talk for HOURS about how great my work is, and what I want to achieve with it. Now, another person also comes in to interview for the position, and they have a portfolio.

WHO has the better shot of walking out the door with the job?

Do you blame the interviewer for dismissing me?

#16699 by Guitaranatomy
Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:26 am
Good point Irminsul, if you want to get into a band you need audio loaded up on your page. I do not have any audio because I am not trying to get into a band. But, I know if I am searching out for a drummer, guitarist, bassist, or anything else online, I want a sample of what you can do.

Look, your example with the portfolio was 100% accurate. I always use to say, if I have a PhD from FAU (Florida Atlantic University) and go to NASA for a job and a guy with a PhD in the same field from MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) comes in, who do you think is going to get the job? It is about what you bring to the table, if you walk in with nothing, expect nothing.

#16709 by Irminsul
Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:15 am
Guitaranatomy wrote:Good point Irminsul, if you want to get into a band you need audio loaded up on your page. I do not have any audio because I am not trying to get into a band. But, I know if I am searching out for a drummer, guitarist, bassist, or anything else online, I want a sample of what you can do.

Look, your example with the portfolio was 100% accurate. I always use to say, if I have a PhD from FAU (Florida Atlantic University) and go to NASA for a job and a guy with a PhD in the same field from MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) comes in, who do you think is going to get the job? It is about what you bring to the table, if you walk in with nothing, expect nothing.


Just a rule of jungle.

#16848 by Shima
Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:09 am
I know what is it since I am a 3d animator...but here it,s not like a job or something...it's for find people want to make music...it's not an audition where you are applying. Also if this exemple is not enougth I have an another point to bring

you was talking about a portfolio...but you have 2 ways to bring a porfolio...you can put all your stock on the net or you can come with the orginial! which is the best? depends of who is hiring you...but normaly the better is the orginal...why?? because you can see the technique, you can see if the guy didnt only work on one partition so hard to get there but you would ask him to do something else and he would do some sh*t...I mean yeah it's important to put your stock on the net....but it's not that bad if people doesnt having it yet...if they can prove to you they can it's the better way to know if it's good... anyway I dunno if you can see my point?

I mean ok cool guys with audio having a better chance I know it that why I will buy a new comp can registre what our band did...but you guys shouldnt judge musician by this fact....they dont have audio? pfff they suck.... anyway I hope you can see what I mean and I apologize for my english I try to get it as best as I canXD

on this have a nice day:)

#16855 by Irminsul
Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:14 am
Shima wrote:<snip>I mean ok cool guys with audio having a better chance I know it that why I will buy a new comp can registre what our band did...but you guys shouldnt judge musician by this fact....they dont have audio? pfff they suck.... anyway I hope you can see what I mean and I apologize for my english I try to get it as best as I canXD

on this have a nice day:)


With all due respect, on a medium such as this one, how else CAN you judge their musicianship? I understand the importance of not being judgemental, but you have to make conclusions with the best information you have at the time.

#16857 by Guitaranatomy
Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:17 am
Irminsul wrote:
Shima wrote:<snip>I mean ok cool guys with audio having a better chance I know it that why I will buy a new comp can registre what our band did...but you guys shouldnt judge musician by this fact....they dont have audio? pfff they suck.... anyway I hope you can see what I mean and I apologize for my english I try to get it as best as I canXD

on this have a nice day:)


With all due respect, on a medium such as this one, how else CAN you judge their musicianship? I understand the importance of not being judgemental, but you have to make conclusions with the best information you have at the time.



Ain't that the truth.

#17121 by FastFret
Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:49 pm
If I used my cell phone to record us it would sound like sh*t, then everyone would think we sucked anyways. :D

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests