This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#35834 by loudlovecanada
Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:31 pm
sunneydaze, I am in Ottawa and have a pretty good handle on music stuff going on around here. If you'd like send me an email (the address is in my profile) and I'd be happy to pass on some information.

#42143 by TheDeepEnd1
Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:13 am
Well check out my profile for a little taste of home grown R&B (the way it was in the late 60's and early 70's).
I am also old school and like to meet people face to face but the whole idea of me being on this site is to present myself in a professional way.

Sure you are going to get the type that might not play as well as his/her sound byte represents but I would bet that those are few and far in between. To condemn the sound byte as a misrepresentation in unwarranted.
That kind of stuff gets weeded out quite fast.

I got a bite from this site less than a month after I posted my profile. I auditioned and prepared myself as best as I could. Good thing....by bass rig decided to not perform that night and I had brought a couple of DI boxes to go direct into the board.

#42746 by musichord
Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:22 am
Hi! My name is Stephen Vassilev. You can hear and see me in a performance on www.YouTube.com by typing in YouTube's search line
ucicwc, then just press search.

It's nice meeting you here.

If you like what you hear or wish to get in touch with me, you can email me at [email protected]

I'm looking for a studio or Concert Hall with a grand piano, so I can perform more pieces.

Thank you, then. I look forward to hearing from you.

#48581 by BFP
Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:51 am
I just joined like 10 minutes ago... give me a break... I'll upload something later. :roll:

EDIT: There... I have audio, everyone rejoice, I'm not a poser anymore!

#48708 by Andragon
Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:43 am
I like "When in Doubt." Has a proggy feel to it. Really well done.

#48753 by gbheil
Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:45 pm
I also liked "When In Doubt" Especially the bridge. Nice touch.

#48861 by RhythmMan
Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:33 pm
BFP wrote:I just joined like 10 minutes ago... give me a break... I'll upload something later. :roll:

EDIT: There... I have audio, everyone rejoice, I'm not a poser anymore!

Yeah, guys, you might want to give someone with no audio a break.
I've visited several sites listed by people who appear to be posers, - only to find that they are regulalry gigging, and have either opened for (or played with) several famous names.
You've got to realize, people, that this site is not 'the place to be' for established bands.
And - they don't have to prove anything to you. They look at it that you have to prove something to them.
Believe me - those guys are BUSY.
They're not gonna waste time contacting people here and trying to chase them down.
And - don't expect a lot of response from them either - at least not here.
There's a lot of irrelevant material here - just a lot of stuff that's meaningless to them.
They just don't have the time to waste on a site where people snipe at each other and talk about video games and boobs.
They are serious about the business of music.
Are you?
They come - and they leave an arrow pointing the direction.
If you follow that arrow, then you have passed their first test of you.

#48866 by Andragon
Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:46 pm
I'll take the blue pill, Morpheus.

#48891 by RhythmMan
Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:04 pm
. . . I rest my case.

#49751 by RiverCityJunction
Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:57 am
We got some tunes up! Only covers right now, but CD's almost done & will post more soon! I think most people just want to set up their profile as quickly as possible & most peeps are looking for others to play with & so maybe don't have the means or know how to record their stuff. If you guys know any good Hammond/Clav/Rhodes players that are into Blues/Jazz/Funk/Motown/Classic Rock/originals & covers who are looking for a band, please send them our way!
Peace - J.