This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#9083 by RickD
Wed May 30, 2007 12:29 pm
I signed up for "FREE" as the main pages say and then to do anything I have to "join". Now I have no problem with paying for a service like this if its reasonalbe and worthwhile but it wants a credit card before it tells me what the cost is and terms are.

Can anybody enlighten me and tell me is this worth "joining"?

I tried calling their 800 number and all I've been getting for days is a busy signal. It can't be THAT busy.

Rick - Toronto, ON.

#9633 by likearoc
Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:35 am
9) How much is a premier membership?
Currently, the pricing for a premier membership is $9.95/1 month, $25.95/3 months (Over 12% Savings), or $59.95/1 year(Over 50% Savings).

#10471 by johnnya
Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:05 pm
I started free and upgraded for the year, sometimes things seem slow on here but i have made connections with other musicians, basicly, if you have your photos, mp3 music, or a video, its worth the year, i use this as my working resume, club owners or whomever i need to try to get work will log on the site and see that im serious about what i do, it really helps, if you are just advertising without the above its worth the free, at least free you get 5 photos and i think a couple of songs to upload, its a great stepping stone, i like this better than my space. ja

#17562 by TheDeepEnd1
Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:13 pm
Joining for free is OK as long as you remember to include your email address in a place where others can see it.

The concept of these site is quite good. Personally I don't mind seeing a site like this support itself via adverts and open it up a little more to the users/musicians. Targeting a market like musicians to generate income is not a good idea unless you are a music store.

I don't know about you but money earned goes back into my business and that means buying gear.
#282714 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:02 pm
scatterkat1263223 wrote:I finally found a bass player only a few minutes away and was
ready to send off an email off to him when I got the notice that
to correspond, I needed to PAY for it. Sorry and no thanks.
I will resign my Free Membership today.

Well I guess you didn't pay attention when you joined! It's all in black & white (and color):
https://www.bandmix.com/account/upgrade/

So resign your free membership - that's really 'showing the man'!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
#283024 by Tunemaker
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:53 pm
Was a free member for a few years. until about 2 weeks ago thought i would pay so i could message some musicians to form a band. Since then found 2 members. It Works !! However there is a lot of stagnant profiles
#283147 by schmedidiah
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:03 pm
how much does it cost? your immortal soul. :lol: