This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#238109 by JacksonMan
Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:03 pm
There were a lot more Canadian metal bands back in the 80's during the heyday of metal. Some of those still exist today;

Voivod - Montreal
Sacrifice - Toronto
Sword - Montreal
Annihilator - Ottawa? Vancouver?
Deaf Dealer - Montreal
Slaughter - Toronto
Infernal Majesty - Toronto

... to name a few. None of them were extremely popular, except for Voivod, but they were all very well known in the 80's in the metal community, and during the Power Hour and SolidRok Days.
#252099 by B12
Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:58 pm
Eh?? There's lots of good Canadian metal bands.... the agonist blood ceremony cryptopsy despised icon gorguts strapping young lad woods the of Ypres.... just to name a few :)
#252103 by schmedidiah
Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:11 pm
The thread that refuses to die. :lol:
#254003 by ROCKIN JUKEBOX
Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:58 pm
Well to name a few....

Coney Hatch
Helix Oh yah..gimme an R!!!!
Lee (f'ing) Aaron!!! Our own Metal Queen!
Killer Dwarfs
Triumph
Kick Axe
Anvil (watch their epic "comeback" documentary, it's excellent!)
Slik Toxik
Santers (maybe just a stretch there?)
Sarasin

On the much harder side.... There's a band in Markham/Toronto that's thrash metal (not my style but the singer is a good guy), called Sludgehammer. And Panzerfaust of Mississauga, who recently gang pissed all over the "fag hating" Westboro Baptist Church...those guys have GOT to have a great sense of humour!

Hey...we're looking for a bassist, check our bandmix profile out at http://www.bandmix.ca/rockin-jukebox/
#254004 by ROCKIN JUKEBOX
Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:54 am
Oh, some more good Canadian metal bands just occurred to me!

Nickelback
Theory Of A Deadman
April Wine (maybe a stretch?)
Max Webster
I Mother Earth
Headstones
Three Days Grace
Honeymoon Suite (a stretch in some cases but they have some heavy songs)
Sven Gali
Alias (a slight stretch)
Brighton Rock (they toured with Helix in the 80's, vocalist joined Motley Crue, etc)

and that band from Burlington...Rainbow Butt Monkeys or whatever...haha....AKA: Finger Eleven

Re:

#278041 by alex45052
Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:30 pm
SCReams wrote:Canada is too busy producing stuff to make us laugh.

And you would be an obese dumbed down retard from united states????:) Keep on munching on your GMO shiza you filthy cockroach!
#279245 by bailey74908
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:35 pm
There are so many great metal bands coming from Canada! Skid Row, Protest the Hero, Annihilator, Crypstosy, Kataklysm, Beyond Creation... I mean hey I would love for there to be more, but I'm still proud of those we have. I think there would be more if the music scene was more accessible in Canada. With such large land mass we have lots of small towns and it's harder to get into "the scene" I guess.
#281293 by schmedidiah
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:23 am
Erik_G wrote:Threat Signal

folks don't trust links like that here. and for pretty good reason.

https://www.facebook.com/threatsignal