This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#60133 by HellKat-Curt
Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:39 pm
The other night i was at some god awful gig and about 3 bands in was a "glam" group.. everything about that night was terrible to be honest, but the guitarist from the band had bright green guitar strings, i had a little look around on the net, but the only coloured ones i could find were either black or peacock blue... just wanted to know if any of you guys knew where to find these magical green strings that im strangely attracted too 8)

#60135 by ted_lord
Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:34 pm
I've known of bright red strings by GHS but haven't seen bright green

#60144 by gbheil
Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:08 pm
They break. Dont waste your time or money on BS. Just play the color
!

#60162 by philbymon
Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:38 pm
They aren't "coloured," they're "ethnic."

#60172 by HowlinJ
Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:23 am
Hellcat,
I got the ol' Fender Mustang strung up with some really cool two-tone colored strings. The thin ones are silver and the fat ones are a pretty bronze color! :wink:

anyways,

You Brits seem to be kinda peculiar about color. I recall the old Vox Continental combo organs having the white keys black and the black keys white. And if that ain't bad enough, Y'all don't even seem to spell the word color correctly! (It's a shame how you folks butcher the American language :evil: )

cheers,
:) Howlin'

#60190 by HellKat-Curt
Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:47 am
HowlinJ wrote:Hellcat,
I got the ol' Fender Mustang strung up with some really cool two-tone colored strings. The thin ones are silver and the fat ones are a pretty bronze color! :wink:

anyways,

You Brits seem to be kinda peculiar about color. I recall the old Vox Continental combo organs having the white keys black and the black keys white. And if that ain't bad enough, Y'all don't even seem to spell the word color correctly! (It's a shame how you folks butcher the American language :evil: )

cheers,

i can only express sheer anger and disgust at said comment, how very dare you sir! :shock: :)

#60223 by HowlinJ
Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:06 pm
Sorry Kat,

Didn't figure you to be so sensitive. :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Howlin'

#60234 by philbymon
Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:40 pm
I thought that any string would turn green in the hands of a "limey."

Ooooh - am I dispolitical enough for this post?

I'd almost bet that them there strings are Irish! I bet they make orange ones, too.

Please excuse me...I'm comin' offa good hard drunk from last night...

#64855 by tfp
Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:45 pm
DR Strings come in lots of lovely colours, blue, green, black, orange/gold and pink. My black Ibanez has pink strings. Good sound and they last longer than average as well.

www.DRstrings.com

#66379 by ted_lord
Wed May 06, 2009 12:40 am
DRStrings are the ( . ) ( . )'s I love how they sound on my bass

#66699 by philbymon
Fri May 08, 2009 3:54 am
Ooooh! Thanks for the info, Sammakko! DR's huh? I'll keep an eye out for them...I wonder if they come in perywinkle blue, to go with my complexion?

#68232 by Hallucination of the hear
Fri May 22, 2009 9:13 pm
My old bassist has pink string their bloomin awsome going along with his black bass ive always wanted to get a set of colour strings on my guitar but really im just not devoted enough to my guitar playing to look around for them =/

#68233 by Chippy
Fri May 22, 2009 9:20 pm
Well now... :D
Actually spelling stuff over here is a nightmare since you lot seem to miss out on a lot.

Ow about ERBS. In English Herbs :D

Who was it who said the two most alike countries separated by the same language? One of your Prezzies over here I think?

HowlinJ wrote: Y'all don't even seem to spell the word color correctly! (It's a shame how you folks butcher the American language :evil: )

cheers,