This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#58977 by Mark Phillips
Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:13 pm
Hello Fortyfication,
Bass players are easy: you just start jamming and after a while there will be a bloke hanging around at the back and that's your bass player, hence the joke: what do you call the bloke who hangs around with a rockband? A bass-player!
But drummers are not so common... no trouble at all if you want a crap drummer! but good ones are as rare as hen's teeth.
The tragic irony is that the drummer needs to be around a 50% higher standard than the other musicians in a band, even though he gets about 50% less credit for making a relevent musical contribution.
A rather twangy lead guitarist will just get ignored and thought little of, while a drummer who flaps around just off the beat will be acused of ruining it for the rest of the band.
So as I said: it will be dead easy to get a drummer... but?

But someone good will show up,
Mark D Phillips.............

#58982 by themarz
Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:33 pm
Thanks for your reply..we do have one auditioning on saturday....and I guess we should be grateful...however good or bad he may be lol...we're just desperate!
#59091 by Mark Phillips
Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:05 pm
Hello Fortyfication,
How ever desperate you are don't say yes to just anything!
I have a drum kit and play drums, but with arms and legs flailing to left and right... you certainly don't need anything like that.

I am just a drummer because a drumkit materialised in my studio and I am trying to master it; really I am a guitarist... I even play bass, but keep it quiet if I can to avoid jokes!

Remember, to work right in the band this drummer needs to look a good bit better than the rest of you.
Good luck,
Mark..................

#59694 by Septic1759
Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:53 pm
My experience - in the nearest bar! yep was one and it's thirsty work!!

I can recall doing a gig in kentish town and being more than a bit pissed. The only backdrop was a long black curtain, and needing a piss i decided to poke it through the gap and go (hey we were working!!) only to find they had set up dining tables there. Oh be a love dear and pass the urine!!

Well shite story, but drummers eh!!

#59697 by Septic1759
Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:59 pm
Hey just thought :shock: After being on the lash for two days solid, it was probs stronger than the house wine, and i bet it tasted better :twisted:

#59699 by Septic1759
Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:00 pm
Oh local Gumtree.com normally better for muzo's good to go!

#59700 by Septic1759
Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:05 pm
Just seen your page! Bollox nice listing! would have been a fukin sling!! :D

Looks like i'm talking to myself here, so i'll just fuk right off

Cherio ho ho ho

Regards

Me
#59701 by Mark Phillips
Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:06 pm
Hello Frank,
I forgot to ask you what's with all the smashed guitars on your profile? One might be considered unfortunate, but two, is just careless!
Mark..........
#59705 by Mark Phillips
Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:16 pm
Hi Frank,
And did you mean Fortyfication's page or mine... and what sort of sling was it?
No your not just talking to yourself, as I am still around!
Cheers,
Mark..................

#59708 by Septic1759
Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:23 pm
Yours off course - silly :D
#59725 by Mark Phillips
Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:43 pm
Hello Frank,
My money was on it being mine! But whose sling were you refering to?
Mark...........
Ps. Just been having a good blast on the guitars with my pal who owns this Tascam... we are planning a recording session in my studio soon.

#59785 by Septic1759
Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:46 am
Hi Mark
Having hijacked someones post, Alas i will ask around although just had a thought of an awesome drummer (jesse) bristol guy so if your still looking i could ask him to look at your profile (not for you mark)

Sling being mine! term used when a beats gonna fuk your arm up. long passed now, i'm just looking to playing some fuking punk on an open mic night :D fuk up some beer matts :shock:

Recording sounds fuking cool, you'll have to post some of it!!!

I've been asked by the other arf to write some more pretty songs :? she doesn't like them, it's just that she's getting fuked off with the shite stuff i generally do :shock:

I've got about 12 tunes to record myself, i won't do them at home as i'd sooner work with real people :lol: I probs won't post them as that carnt cowell might be fukin sniffing around the post to steal tunes :evil: oh, and secondly they're all a pile of shite :oops:

Have a bass lined up and probs use the studio drummer (track21.com).Don't want anyone i know helping as we always fukin fall out---nevermind

Well work calls late start as i fukin slept in :shock: you would think those Australian fuks would know mid fukin day is actually the middle of the fukin night here :evil:

#59786 by Septic1759
Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:51 am
Oh Mark, i'm not very nice to guitars, and have been known on occassion to break one or two.
Have a very nice guy who fixes them for me, although some get a bit too fuked up :(

Only been playing two years, so it's becoming a very expensive hobby :shock:

#59789 by Crip2Nite
Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:27 am
Hey...I wanna move there... I'm sick of NY ,,,and my birthfather is from England... Anybody wanna adopt me? :mrgreen: