This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#41520 by ANDY LAYTON-JAMES
Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:28 am
You know I really cant believe some of the blokes on here and thier remarks to other peoples statements blogs etc.
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE are you rich from your music are you successfull STOP BITCHIN please! some of you are like GAY QUEENS in a GAY BAR....and I should know!

#41666 by philbymon
Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:09 am
Andy - you crack me up.
#57290 by Mark Phillips
Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:20 pm
Hello one and all,
I think the rush to put down LJ is a little like you might expect to get from hugely successful pro artists, not the dreamers and wannabees that most of us on this site are.
Actually, you would find that Clapton or Jimmy Page or someone would be much kinder and less inclined to try to make someone starting out look small.

Another danger of over eager criticisms, is that it makes it look like the site is guarded by a posse of zealots of whom: only though me shall ye reach the kingdom of heaven!

I guess people on here are only really trying to give a robust response, but it does sometimes come over as an eagerness to kick guys while they are down... or before they even get a chance to get on their feet in the first place.

I am not advocating we want a site where everyone is sugary sweet all the time and we all tell eachother how great the new song is, even when its abismal... but at least help people to find their feet; later you can start adding the stark realities.

That is my take on it.
Mark D Phillips...................

#57310 by repressthecadence
Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:42 pm
Necropost from Hell haha.

In light of that, and on the event that LJ might see this:

1. Use this video to note where you'd like to improve. I'm certain you'll see lots of places you'd like to improve on.

Now my suggestions:

2. Practice your right hand technique. You need to work more on rhythmic consistency, and you could probably benefit by alternating down- and upstrokes like most rhythm players. Easier on your hands, too. It looked like you were trying it out a little at the end.

3. In the "I've got soul. . . " section, you rushed the syncopation a bit.

4. Check your intonation. When you went up on the fretboard toward the end, you sounded more than a bit out of tune.