This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#49484 by JJD66
Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:50 pm
LivinJoke84 wrote:I suppose its a bit easier for drummer/bassists to find people. Every man and his dog plays guitar so their not in demand as much

It's more like every man and his dog HAS a guitar. In my experience precious few can play to any degree.

#157927 by Carlos Stein - LORD of LO
Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:22 am
Tom1988 wrote:I got requests from to separate bands asking if I would consider playing drums for them in the first 24 hours of joining. I've not actually acted on it other than talking online and stuff, but I only joined about a week ago.

I'm just this week working with a blues band in the LE4 area who need a drummer.

Fancy it? Blues that is.

Carlos: [email protected] or Google "Unclestein".
#158157 by AlexxaB
Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:18 pm
Hi everyone I've only been on here a couple of weeks. I sent messages to people I thought might be interested in my band, and got replies. Meeting up with bass player this week. We would also quite like a second guitarist to play rhythm and rock guitar, our guitarist is quite jazzy so I think that would be a nice mix. Also anyone play keyboard? I can play keys and guitar but way easier if I just sing!! We're based in Brighton, check out the tracks on my profile, we're working on new ones and recording!! Alexxa B :roll:
#158166 by PaperDog
Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:08 pm
AlexxaB wrote:Hi everyone I've only been on here a couple of weeks. I sent messages to people I thought might be interested in my band, and got replies. Meeting up with bass player this week. We would also quite like a second guitarist to play rhythm and rock guitar, our guitarist is quite jazzy so I think that would be a nice mix. Also anyone play keyboard? I can play keys and guitar but way easier if I just sing!! We're based in Brighton, check out the tracks on my profile, we're working on new ones and recording!! Alexxa B :roll:

On This Site , it really helps to have a portfolio of acts /music posted... When people see that , they know you are serious. In your case, They saw that, and knew you were serious ;)

#159466 by gbheil
Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:22 pm
I don't recall receiving any E-mail notices during the time periods that I was operating in the " free mode ".

If not found in the FAQS, you can message the mother-ship.

They are pretty good about answering questions from their members ... if not very quick about it at times.

#173563 by Starfish Scott
Fri May 18, 2012 3:02 pm
If you have a free membership, paying people can contact you via bandmix.

If you are a free member, just try and make some friends.
It's really not that hard unless you have some other variables at work.

(spits at Glambert)

#183168 by Geordie Wilson
Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:32 am
Unfortunately, I never taught my dog any stupid human tricks as a puppy, and now that he's grown up, I regret that he cannot play the guitar. The writer on these pages who said that every person and his dog can play the guitar has overstated his case by at least one dog.

#183559 by Eric John Sawyer
Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:03 pm
Carlos Steins Surrogate B wrote:
Tom1988 wrote:I got requests from to separate bands asking if I would consider playing drums for them in the first 24 hours of joining. I've not actually acted on it other than talking online and stuff, but I only joined about a week ago.

I'm just this week working with a blues band in the LE4 area who need a drummer.

Fancy it? Blues that is.

Carlos: [email protected] or Google "Unclestein".

Weird how many drummers there are who are into the Blues, but they all seem to be South of everywhere I go.

#183867 by Eric John Sawyer
Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:11 pm
Even Lennie wrote:
LivinJoke84 wrote:I suppose its a bit easier for drummer/bassists to find people. Every man and his dog plays guitar so their not in demand as much
:( Wish we could find a drummer and bass player

Yeah, pretty much my feelings, we just shy a drummer. In time, in time, in time. I don't have a lot of time.

#183871 by Starfish Scott
Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:22 pm
That's hilarious..we always have issues with bass players.

I just basically had to change the line up AGAIN and the only thing that's hard to find this time is a BASSIST that really is dependable.

I was buying the last one cigarettes, drinks and whatever else he was having a "hissy fit" over, just to have him go overboard and go off the wagon, diving back into his old addictive ways.

I started to talk to the other 2 about it and the drummer just looked at me, yelled "NEXT" and did a drum roll with a crash at the end.

I was surprised, embarrassed and burst out laughing all at the same time.

I think bass players/keys players are the hardest to retain because they know they can get away with more than the 100000000000000000000 drummers/guitarists and get in and out of situations more out of necessity than ability. (imo)

#183916 by Eric John Sawyer
Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:08 pm
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:That's hilarious..we always have issues with bass players.

I just basically had to change the line up AGAIN and the only thing that's hard to find this time is a BASSIST that really is dependable.

I was buying the last one cigarettes, drinks and whatever else he was having a "hissy fit" over, just to have him go overboard and go off the wagon, diving back into his old addictive ways.

I started to talk to the other 2 about it and the drummer just looked at me, yelled "NEXT" and did a drum roll with a crash at the end.

I was surprised, embarrassed and burst out laughing all at the same time.

I think bass players/keys players are the hardest to retain because they know they can get away with more than the 100000000000000000000 drummers/guitarists and get in and out of situations more out of necessity than ability. (imo)

I wonder if all this hasn't got something to do with a phenomena I noticed. Every studio experience I've had, has been one where the engineer was a bassist.
My first two demo recording experiences were with bassists (1987-1988), followed by a third in 1994, and then from 1996-2005 another bassist, in 2006 another bassist, in 2007 in the US a bassist (better known for his lead guitar work, but a phenomenal bassist nonetheless and insisted on doing the bass under a pseudonym. :lol: ) I'm currently lined up to record with a bassist, am working with a guitarist-bassist (damn good on the bass) and though I'm a rhythm player I've played bass with a band 'Jenny From Space' in South Africa, and recorded a solo album where I played the ..... exactly.

Bassists certainly seem to rule the dark underworld of creative decisions and from their lofty seat doth govern us all. The ruination of us all. :twisted:

#184379 by Jon1685
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:13 am
I agree it is hit an miss, I also cannot understand why people advertise on here and when you contact them so many of them just don't bother to reply even to say "No Thanks". The biggest anoyance we have found on here though is the amount of people advertising themselves like a one man band! You search for a guitarist and you get "Instruments played: Guitar, Keyboards, Drums, Banjo, Trumpet, Mandolin, Japanes Knee Trumpet!!" The first thing we think is Jack of all master of f**k all. If we're looking for a guitarist we want someone who is good at playing a guitar not average at playing everything! Do yourselves a favour guys just list your prmary instrument you can always say something about other experience in your profile.