This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#26365 by dazzur
Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:06 pm
im 16, currently play rythm guitar and im still learning, do you think any bands would be interested in helping me learn or would they expect me to be able to right / play my own material off the top of my head etc. Im From stoke (England) and im interested in joining a band.

Thanks in advance.

#26366 by dazzur
Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:13 pm
anyone? any help/advice would be good.and i wuld be deeply grateful.

#26371 by gbheil
Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:52 pm
dazzur: Its always good to se someone getting into the music scene.
First off as a new player you will need to start jamming with folk on your skill level and grow your talent from there. I say that with all due respect as a new musician myself. I have serious doubt you will find a band that will take time to teach you. Secondly in order to attract like minded and leveled musicians via this format you will have to post some pictures and most importantly music so others can judge your style / genre' of play and your skill level. At sixteen years of age you had best focus on your education and allow your music skills to develope. (forgive me for sounding like a grandfather but I am and in time you will come to realise I was right.) Hook up with some players your age and level start a garage band have fun. Nothing beats playin with others for learning.
Seek out a qualified teacher to hone the technical skills you will need to be successfull. Good luck I will be looking forward to hearing your music on the radio!

#26384 by dazzur
Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:10 am
Thank you, i think that was probably the best piece of advice any body could of given me, i am going to start looking for a qualified teacher tomorow , i have one friend who plays guitar but hes no better than me, and my half brother is in a band already and never has time for me no more for some reason since i learnt alot from him, and you wont be hearing me on the radio, you'll be right up front at one of my gigs, i can only dream, thank you for the afvice. :]

#26386 by gbheil
Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:14 am
justinguitar.com free lesons very good check him out. I did not cut and paste this link so you will have to look him up. dont give up and dont give in.

#26399 by dazzur
Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:51 am
hell no am i giving up, ive always dreamed what it would be like to be a famous guitarist, i wanna make that dream a reality and one day im sure i will.

#26401 by gbheil
Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:55 am
Cool, be sure and check out justin Sandercoe, He's outa London town and makes good sense.

#26406 by dazzur
Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:49 am
yeah that website is pretty good, some of the stuff on their is a little advanced but i gotta learn it i guess, i added it too my faves and ill work on it tomorow, thanks for telling me the site.

#26407 by gbheil
Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:22 am
Thank Craig for turning us both on to that site. If you hang around long enough youll know who I'm talkin about.